HDI*CO STORE BUYERS ED HDI*CO / HDI*CO STORE BUYERS ED HDI*CO

My account was charged $99 this month by HDI*CO STORE BUYERS ED HDI*CO . I called their 800 # and was given a confirmation # on a credit of $99 that they are giving me supposedly in 5-10 business days. I am afraid that I will not get the credit. I have to call my bank to try to apply some sort of stop payment. They said that when I made a purchase through the Company Store online that I had agreed to this. Not True.

Comments

• Ry
      7th of Nov, 2008

I had the same exact problem $99 for a subscription for something we definitely did not order. They told me our credit will come in 5-10 days. We'll see...

• Ge
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I had exact same problem with a charge of $99. I called the Company Store and they said I had agreed over the phone to purchase some kind of shoppers assistance program, that, if not canceled within 30 days would charge me $99. I would NEVER have signed up for such a program. The Company Store said they would refund me the $99 in 5- 10 business days. We'll see what happens. Thank you for posting.

• Te
      8th of Feb, 2011

They did the very same thing to my mother. The charge posted 1/02/2011. I reported it to her credit card company as fraud after calling the toll free number for HCI and getting the very uncomfortable feeling that she might not ever see the promised credit. Their initial response was to offer me a cancellation with prorated refund -- I said no, I wanted the entire $99 refunded because the transaction was fraudulent. They seemed entirely unconcerned, hence my call to the credit card company.

• Rc
      2nd of Feb, 2013

I just saw where my account was charged TWICE, once for $99 and today for $149, which was not authorized. I called Discover to protest, they marked it as fraud and credited my account. Won't do business with The Company Store again.