HDFC Home Loan / agreement fooling customers
Some months back wanted to take a home loan and contacted HDFC for details. Sales Manager of HDFC mailed me the details. Key point of prepayment and preclosure given below:
"There will be no prepayment or pre clousure charges if you pre pay from your own funds in floating rate of interest."
Then they asked me to sign the agreement papers. No where in the agreement paper its specified that there is no charges for prepayment or preclosure. I asked HDFC why the information is not present in the agreement. HDFC reply is that the details will not be put in agreement and we have to believe the words. HDFC will not even give a letter mentioning the detail that the persons taking loan before 31 mar 2008 need not pay charges for prepayment. Its hard to believe how such a big bank can fool the cusotmer by saying that it will not put the terms in agreement or letter and customer has to believe their words. Please suggest.
More HDFC Home Loan Complaints & Reviews
- HDFC bank Credit Card - late fee charges 
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank Atm Debit Card - atm txn declined, money debited from sb nre a/c of hdfc bank 
- HDFC Bank - undue deduction of funds
- HDFC Bank - relating security guard 
- HDFC Bank - relieving letter emp code m3528 
- HDFC Bank - credit card
- HDFC Bank - unauthorised transactions