HDFC Car Loan / overcharging after disbursement!

1 India Review updated:

I recently got a shock 0f my life when the people i trusted for business turned their version, even now i see the discrepancies but they cannot justify the claim. I had taken a quote for a Car loan from HDFC representative who is a part of the showroom. (Dt 17 feb 2007)

I had been put a lot of pressure to log a file so that the interest rates for the loan shall be locked , hence i did it asap. On approval of the loan amount i received a sms of the loan account number and call stating that the loan account has been created. (23 feb 07)

Now comes the pressure for disbursement, I was not fully ready with the down payment hence told them to wait for some days, the reason i was being pressurized was to change in rate of interest and stamp duty & processing fee.

Disbursement instructions where given on 1 march and after 10 days when my car is ready with the registration number, the representatives call me up to say that i need to cough up with a additional Rs. 3400/- due to change in bank interest rate. Stamp duty n processing was promised to 1400 now the new rates are 2100.

When i contacted the bank, the rate of interest applied to me is 11.50% while the representative is demanding 14.75%.

Hope someone can help me with this kind of banking terminologies.

Abhijeet C

Comments

• Ab
      15th of Aug, 2008

HI MY NAME IS ABHIJEET SINGH, I TOOK A USED CAR LOAN FROM YOUR BANK ON AUGIST, 2007. OF 151, 500.
    AND TILL YET I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY DOCUMENTOR PAPER REGARDING MY LOAN .2ND DATE OF EVERY MONTH MY ICICI A/C IS DEBITED WITH AN AMOUNT OF RS.4490. NOW I WANTED TO PAYOFF MY BALANCE IN LUMPSUM. BUT I9DONT HAVE ANY LOAN A/C NO THROUGH WHICH I CAN KNOW MY LOAN PRICIPLE AMOUNT TO BE PAID..WHENEVER I CALL TO THE CUSTOMER CARE THEY CANT TRACK MY RECORD..NOW JUST I WANTED TO KNOW HOW CAN I KNOW MY LOAN AMT DUE TO PAY.
    MY CONTACT NO:9811769240
    ADD:B/310-C, NEW ASHOK NAGAR, DELHI-110096.

• Ra
      4th of Nov, 2008

i recently got a bad experience while dealing for a car loan with HDFC bank.HDFC bank is providing loan @ same interest as with SBI bank, but the installments on calculation showing a difference of Rs.10, 000, above of all the agent (authorised by HDFC bank) deal like a mafia DON to the customer when i asked about the difference they are charging to me.when i decided not to take loan from HDFC bank because of no communication as well because of misbehaviour the agent came to the car showroom to stop my delivery of the car like a MAFIA.

so in this competitive world HDFC bank hiring such kind of people.

• Vi
      15th of Jan, 2010

Dear sir,
    i am vikas baliyan, working with Glaxosmith kline consumer health care ltd, i have an HDFC Bank Corporate Salary Account from last 1.5 year and my salary is 15900 per month, and i submitted all the doc. related with loan i.e.Passport copy, PAN Card, Latest salary slip with form 16.
    but sonipat branch lotd me that you are illagibale for loan.
    pls. help me out, i do not have any other bank account from where got loan.

Regards
    Vikas baliyan
    09719428098

• Ut
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Dear sir,
    i am gopal chichani i recently got a bad experience while dealing for a car loan with HDFC bank. i will closed my car loan a/c no. 13341076 on 03/12/09 but NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC) should not reach at this time and i will go to your ujjain branch for asking about the NOC and they will not gave me a proper answer so kindly gave me proper answer about that

Regards
    Gopal chichani
    Address - 3 Amar singh marg freeganj ujjain (M.P.) 456010

• Ra
      8th of Oct, 2010

I have changed my car Tata Indigo CS with another Tata Indigo CSe ( New)on, on 25/7/2010, the earlier car was financed by you and now again i got it financed by you, under the agreement no.17027274 and the 1st instalment wass taken by the supplier but it is strange that my Bank(IndusInd) has debitet my accouint with two ecs checks bounced for my earlier car which i have sold to the supplier, each time the bank has debited me rs.275.75 that is total of Rs.551.50 P and i m affraid it may not continue like that.You have already sent me the clearance certificate etc but the banki is still charging.Please reply me immidiately.Please note my new house no.

Thanks,
    Ravinder S sSokhey,
    3911, Sector 32A, Chd.Road,
    Ludhiana, 141010

• Su
      17th of Sep, 2011

I took an auto loan from HDFC [19163204] . After disbursement hdfc executive again came to me and said that there is a fine in the name of vehicle and he asked five thousand rupees from me. I gave him 5000 rupees ck [388755 hdfc bank].I gave the check in the name of HDFC bank . It got deducted from my account after that i came to know that the actual fine was only 900 and for that he collected 5000 ck from me . I am having complaint against these please enquire about these.
    RTO receipt is attached with this complaint

Sudheesh