HDFC / hdfc car loans

1 India Review updated:

I had taken loan from hdfc a month back. I had asked them for a ecs deduction from my savings account with abn amro. However, the money was not deducted from my account and I was charged for bouncing of ecs by abn amro as hdfc guys have not sent them the mandate form. These hdfc guys have harrased me for the payment which I clearly stated that I will pay them as and when they wish but I wanted to know that what would be the status form next month. I mean whether they will come every month to me for the payments or they gonna clear the ecs thing. The call center uneducated associates call me everytime and only ask for the payment and when I ask them what when my problem would eb sorted they just respond that they will talk to their senior (Obviously no one) and get back to me. I am really fed up of these frequent calls and would never ever recommend anyone to get a loan from hdfc. They are a bunch of uneducated people working there in hdfc.

Ni

Comments

• Mr
      1st of Mar, 2009

Dear sir
    Due to sudden loss in my business I cannot afford to pay the monthy installments of Rs 8078 of my car (model 2004)Santro PB08 AN 7002 {purchased in 7 feb 2007} under Used car loan, .account number2884289.I have already paid the monthly instalments till 7 feb 2009.The balance now is Rs 82000 approx .
    Earlier the loan was sanctioned through ICICI Bank for the amt Rs 2lacs .for 5 years & monthly instalment of Rs.4600.00 only.I have paid 7 instlaments.but due misguidiance by Mr. Pradeep from HDFC bank{O.D car loan and Od deptt}.
    It is the first time that i have availed for the loan facility and for the first time was introduced to the term O.D.According to Mr. Pradeep the procedure would become simple by giving us a limit against our car for the remaining amount that would be paid to ICICI.and i did as he said .He also told me that my account should not contain less than 8400 Rs. This O.D cont. for 8 months.after 8 months when i checked my statements the OD which was previously of Rs 190000 approx turned to Rs 220000.On informing Mr.Pradeep, i was told that he will close my OD asRs 2600 interest would be charged even when the amt in the account is there.Being a layman in accounts i followed your executive blindly.Then he told me that he will help me to close the OD for which another 1400 would be charged (no receipt given)and gave all the documents (debit card R.C of my car, cheque books etc...) and then he got me sanctioned a loan for Rs 225000 for a tenure of 3 years monthly instll (8078Rs) through your bank.I asked for my car's R.C .For this purpose he again asked for800 Rs.I had told him that my salary is Rs 15000 .the only earning member of my house .I have two daughters.how can i afford to bear an instll of 8078 Rs .Inspite of this i have paid for 2 yearsand 2 months .but now as i have said due to sudden loss now i cannot afford to pay them .I am really depressed at this as thecar has costed me and my families life .I am unable to make up with my families needs . I was earlier a holder of mutual funds in HDFC but now i have lost faith in your bank.
    i request you to remit some amount keeping in mind my problem .this is the last request to your bank, .I shall be highly grateful to you if one time settlement can be done of my account .
    yours sincerely,
    vicky manchanda

• Ni
      8th of Jul, 2009

DEAR SIR, NOW SOME LAST DAYS THERE ARE BANK DOING UNLIMITED INTREST BY CREDIT CARD SHOPPING IN FACT FOR EXAMPLE I BOUGHT 20000 RS PRODUC T AND I GAVE REFUND 32000 RS TO ABN AMRO BANK WHAT KINDA INTREST IS THIS AND AFTER THAT BANKER TOLD TO ME THAT YOUR EMI IS DUE YET I AM FED UP...AND AFTER THAT I WANT TO TAKE A LOAN OF 1.50 LAC RS FOR PURCHASE A CAR THEN HDFC TELLLING ME THAT U R DEFAULTER SO ITS NOT GOOD I WANT TO BOUGHT THAT CAR AND HDFC BANK TAKING DOWN OWN REPUTATION IN THE MARKET BY DOING THESE KINDA THING PLEAS HELP WITH OUR KINDA FED UP PEOPLE..