HDFC bank / fraud and scam

1 Kuwait Review updated:

Let me share the recent bad experience with HDFC bank.I have an NRE account with HDFC bank... last month I had a requirement of a cheque book and i applied for a fresh cheque book online through netbanking. I got a message that it will be reached within 4 days to my kuwait address. I kept on waiting for 7 days and when I tried to contact HDFC people. The people were lazy like anything... no nodal officers or nothing... after lodging the complaint, I received a notification that my request will be attended in 7 working days... how rubbish... Then the NRI dept people told me that they have dispatched the chequebook by registered post and If I have not received it yet then I should apply a new one... they cant track their post in which they sent the 1st cheque book... Then I applied the 2nd cheque book and similarly the 3r... Till date I have not received any cheque book and its been 30 days...

I am surprised to c this... no body takes the responsibility... and they are just sending me the mails with their normal format of " we regret " "we regret" also for any service like change of address, NEFT/RTGS... the NRIs need to send a written application while other banks give this preactivated... I must recommend that never ever go to HDFC bank for NRE account... they people wont even call you no matter how big is your complaint.

Best regards,
Deepak Agarwal
deepak_agrawal_nitk@yahoo.com.

De

Comments

10th of Nov, 2008

Hi,
    I am Manjunath, My saving bank account number is 01331610015293. As attached to the same account I have opened a Demat account, The account number is 24487377.
    My intention of writing mail is
    1] I have purchased some of the shares on 05/11/08 the worth of Rs 10, 780.08/-. The share details are as below.

Name of the Shares Number of shares Market Rate Market Value
    SUZLON ENERGY LTD 105 50.83 5.338.08
    INDIABULLS REAL ESTATE LIMITED 10 157.35 1573.5
    RELIANCE POWER LIMITED 20 117.15 2343
    UNITECH LTD 30 50.85 1525.5

Out of this I have sold the SUZLON ENERGY LTD on 06/11/2008 at the rate of Rs 62.5/- means I have to get back amount of Rs 6562.5/- and the same day I have purchased 50 NAGARJUNA CONSTUCTION SHARE at the rate of 64 mans transaction value is Rs 3200/-.

Now the problem is none of the amount had been credited to my account which I have sold though SUZLON ENERGY LTD & it is not also showing in my DEMAT account details as balance share. Secondly NAGARJUNA CONSTRUCTION share purchased details are also not available in the Demat account details. Today I have tried to sale the NAGARJUNAT CONSTRUCTION share but the tell caller said NAGARJUNA SHARE DETAILS are not available in your account.

My question is Where the SUZLON ENERGY LTD sale proceeds gone out. Neither I have received the sold amount nor are the SUZLON ENERGY LTD details not available in the Demat account holding summary. What I need to understand please explain me, because either the share details are should be in my account if the the share are not sold are I have to get the sales proceeds if share are sold & secondly please explain me whether the NAGARJUNA CONSTURCTION share biding executed are not, because the tell caller said the share are purchased successfully. But currently the details are not available in accounts in my demat account.

Please see this on priority. I do not want to keep my money in block. I need this issue to be resolved immediately because this issue I have placed incident through Net banking but I did not get any response.

2] I have placed a incident to reset password and have provided to change my address details and E-mail id. It is not get effected & till now I have not received new password are my address details are not get changed in my net banking details. I hope you can under stand the sensitiveness of the share marked, Please tell how can I make effective transition in share marked with this much problems and late response.

3] Currently I do not have password to make transition though internet, Hence I am placing order through tell call and I am using 080-32007066, 080-25577410/412/413/414. On this regards I would request you please try once this number & check how effective will you get response from this numbers. I can understand many peoples will try to place order though phone banking such time the engage signal is as common. I does it mean if they do not receive the call though I did give 15min continuous ring & I would like to bring your notice many time they will keep our call in holding for long duration, Please understand will share market rate will wait for me because my customer care people kept my call in hold.

I would request you please provide me the phone number where we will get immediate response and also please response to our mail which we place the issue through Net banking.

Here I am attaching my bank transition details for 1/November/2008 to 10/November/2008 & my demat account balance details screen shot. Please check this and please let me know the status. If not please suggest me to close this account.

My address, E-mail & phone details are as below.

Manjunath.Nx

D-No, 99. 3rd Main, 3rd cross.
    Vinayaka Layout, Puttenhalli.
    Yalahanka, Bangalore – 64

E-Mail address is – m.gowda@hotmail.com

Contact details is : 9480384636

Thanks in advance
    Manjunath.N

• Ra
      1st of Nov, 2011

can anyone tell me please what is checking procedure of cheque before clearing to know whether someone altered the name of person by chemical cleverly, Is there any guideline from RBI or self adopted practice by banks to cater with this type of frauds.
    My email is parbat_mbm@indiatimes.com