HDCameraWorld / Fugi Camera Purchase

Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-203-1065

On July 27, 2008 I ordered from HDCameraworld.com a Fugifilm Finepix F40fd camera @ $129.99. I was leery at first because their price was approximately $30 less than I could find for a new F40 elsewhere and I was not familiar with their company. But their website is well-done and convincing. It states clearly that, “Everything we sell is brand new and factory fresh”. It goes on, “Honesty, Integrity & Customer Satisfaction is everything that we’re about”. So I ordered in good faith and looked forward to the delivery of my new Fugi F40fd.

Imagine my surprise when it arrived. I have already owned an F40fd, so I am well aware of what the factory box looks like and what is supposed to be included. Theirs came boxed in a white box with their label listing what was to be included. That list did not include the A/V cable which is standard with the camera. Moreover the user manual was not in the box even though it was listed. The installation CD was not the original CD Fugi provided with the new camera and the protective seal wasn’t on the CD nor was the install warning that comes with the CD. The USB provided was not the one that Fugi includes with the camera. Now this is the small stuff.

Let us move to the big stuff! They sent me a USED camera and a USED battery!!! The camera had scratches and nicks around the outside shield of the lens housing. (New cameras come with a protective piece of plastic.) Those marks come from use with this camera. The same thing happened with mine. Also, there were scratches along the shiny edge of the right side. If this isn’t galling enough, the battery showed even worse wear. The front of the battery showed wear and scratches to the extent that the shiny surface has been worn off in areas.

I returned the camera with a letter outlining with specificity the problems with it. To their credit, the payment was returned to my account within a week or so of them receiving it.

I should have checked them out more carefully before ordering and I have learned a lesson. Unfortunately, it is quite easy for an outfit like this to retire this company and open a new one with a new name and even remain at the same location. The moral of the story is to check out the site you are ordering from.

Comments

New York
New York
Phone: 1 877 203 1065
HDCameraworld.com

I experienced that same as the poster above, you order your item and then the email says to confirm your order to call the
1 877 203 1065 and give your order number.
I got transfered all over the place, without even a "please hold"
When I got the guy he reviewed my order and after asking me to purchase extended warranties, which I declined. Then he told me that the camera did not include a battery, which it clearly says on the internet page that the charger and battery is included, after I declined those things and told him that I was getting annoyed, he then told me that the camera I ordered was a import model and if I wanted the "US" version with the manual in english instead of chinese, (and the camera settings were in chinese too!) when I protested then he said cancel the order and hung up on me.
I had to call back a 2nd time and debated with the guy about what the internet page said (charger and battery included)
Oh, that's only included with the upgrated packages.
I finally relented to a 20$ battery because I really want the camera but could have bought it on ebay for 3.99 plus shipping.
What a crock!
Ro
  2nd of Oct, 2008
Stay FAR AWAY from this company. My only regret is that I didn't call them (1-877-203-1065) on the phone PRIOR to placing an order. My whole career, I've been a person of high customer service. It is almost beyond comprehension on how the people on the phone there treat their customers. I've never, ever, ever been treated so rudely and short on the phone by a company that wanted my money. This morning I cancelled my order because they claim the camera I ordered is on backorder (it was ordered over 1 month ago already). The first time today took me about 25 minutes to get through. When I inquired about my order, the guy (who's voice is on their greeting recording) told me it was on backorder and then simply HUNG UP on me as I was asking him how much time should I expect for the order to be filled. I sat there in total disgust on how rude he was. So, I called them back for the second time today. Instead of pushing the option for "customer service" I pushed the option to confirm an order (which got me through much faster). The same guy answered the phone and told me that it will probably take at least 2-3 weeks to fill the back order. I refuse to wait a total of 2 months for a product that I ordered. (this was going to be a gift for my son--you would think that 8 weeks is enough time to receive it) I asked him what steps needed to be taken to cancel an order. He asked me for my order number. I didn't have it in front of me. I told him what I thought it was (which, my guess was correct) and he just told me that he cancelled the order--WITHOUT even confirming my name-address-info--etc. This company is the shadiest company that I've ever dealt with. Lesson learned. Do not buy from a company that will not even post their address onto their web site. Call them first to see how they treat you. Do a little on-line research prior to ordering. Make sure the product is IN stock...not overseas somewhere. Now I only hope that my credit card information that they now have is safe/secure. I'll be watching my statement / on-line activity like a hawk. This could be the type of company that would sell off our credit card numbers. Stay FAR AWAY from this company. You will suffer much frustration if you place an order with them.
Ni
  7th of Jan, 2009

HDCameraWorld - Scam
HDCameraWorld
hdcameraworld.com

I ordered a Canon G9 on December 9, 2008.

The price listed was $269.99. The item on HDCameraWrold.com's website AND my invoice reads:
"Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom".

Shortly after I placed my order, I received an email:
"Thank you for your order. Your order number is 14750, placed 12/9/2008 at 11:59AM.
Please Call 877-203-1065 to confirm your order."

When I call the toll-free number, I was placed on hold, transferred and the told that this camera is no longer available and that I would have to buy a "US version" for $569 if I wanted the camera. I asked them why the camera was still on sale for $269.99 on their website. The person on the phone said "our technician" must not have deleted the item yet. No where in the item listing does it state this is an imported version. I asked the sales rep why he was trying to "bait and switch" me and he said he was not. I told him I was going to report him to the BBB and he hung up on me.

I am changing my credit card number (I placed my order on line and thought this was a legit shop). Stay away and beware!!!