HD DVD World / Shipping

I ordered a movie from this company that my husband had been searching for for years as a Valentine's Day gift. With expedited shipping (2-day) and ordering a week prior to Valentine's day, you would think it would arrive on time. After I still had not received the movie 3 days after Valentine's Day, I contacted the company via phone...had to leave a message, and of course no response. A couple of days later I contacted them via email, and they informed me their phone line is only for orders in, not complaints and other issues. Wow, really? Yet no chose to call and tell me this information from the company. Figures. Needless to say, I asked for a refund of my expedited shipping charge since it was obviously late, and they agreed. It's now May and i've sent this company 4 emails and still have yet to receive a refund and they have stopped responding to my emails. Instead, they send me the DVD 3 weeks late, after my husband was heartbroken for not having his gift. I don't want the damn movie, I want my money back! Better Business Bureau, here I come!

More HD DVD World Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pj
      11th of Jun, 2012

HD DVD World is run by one Edward Papetti, a deceitful and disreputable individual. Yes, I'm sure that a certain percentage of customers receive their orders without incident: let's face it, he has to eat and he wants to stay out of jail. But we know from experience and from the "business's" F Rating with the Better Business Bureau that Mr. Papetti holds a disproportionately large number of his own customers in contempt!

Mr. Edward Papetti's "business" goes by several names, which is no accident: it confuses customers who wish to file complaints against him for frequent non-delivery of orders and for his blatant refusal to communicate with customers directly. He prefers instead to hide behind e-mail and online chatting, but only occasionally and at his own convenience. He does not return phone calls. He is an out-and-out liar and anyone who is considering buying from him should think twice before placing themselves at his mercy. He can not be trusted.

Names he goes by:

Hd DVD World
    New York
    New York
    hddvdworld.com

On October 6th, I ordered four DVDs from Hd DVD World. All were listed as in stock items, which they claim will be shipped within 24 hours of receipt of an order. My credit card was promptly debited on the 7th, under the name of Deborah Papetti (her husband apparently runs the company). On the 19th, I used their 'contact us' email to ask the status of my now late birthday gift. On the 22nd, I received and email reply saying that the order had been shipped and I should have received it by now, and since I hadn't, they would immediately ship a replacement. When I had still not received the order on the 26th, I tried to use their live chat to inquire about what was going on. I was informed that live chat was not available at the moment, and invited to submit another email, which I did. Since this was early in the day during normal business hours, I began to get suspicious, and did research on the company (which I should have done before ordering, but I was in a hurry...) only to find out that many others have been given the same excuses. So I sent another email telling them that they were out of time and instructed them to cancel the order. Note that the 26th when I sent my last email was three days before hurricane Sandy hit New York. Now, today on the 30th, I finally received another email response from them, now blaming Sandy for not being able to check status of my order. They obviously have power and internet access because they were able to email me, and certainly had it for three days before the hurricane hit, so I don't believe one word of it. I fully expect to have to involve my credit card company to get any satisfaction from these guys. Bottom line - if you are thinking of ordering from these scammers, please do a little more research, as I should have done. You will find the internet littered with complaints about this company.