hd camera/ontimedigital.com / bait and hook

NoneNone, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18774225115

I purchased a Garmin GPS unit for one price. then I was contacted and told the GPS unit I purchased does not include "any" mapping and maps would be 189.00 extra.
I contacted Garmin.com and they confirmed that all their GPS units are per-loaded with maps.
I called and told "Dave Weston" I would not need the any maps, send the unit as ordered. He said, "You have to buy the maps they are already loaded and you have to pay for that." I told I would not need any mapping. Just send what I ordered for the price ordered. I sent them an e-mail and found the return service to be HD camera. I then found this site. Buyer BEWARE
Order Cancelled after several attempts... 12-01-2008
St

Comments

St
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Confirmed bait and switch - I purchased the Olympus Stylus 1050SW 10.1 MP Dig Camera for $169.99 online and then 3 days later received a email asking to call them. Before I called them I did a quick Google and found a lot of complaints. Then I proceeded to call and waited on hold of 15-20 minutes. As soon as Joe S answered the phone he started to sell me a battery. He stated "It's only a 15 minute battery - would you like a better battery." I replied with a "Thanks, but no Thanks." Then Joe S decided to sell me an extended warranty for $150. At that moment I canceled the order. He hung-up the phone so quickly.
Do
  18th of Dec, 2008
ON TIME DIGITAL - BIG BAD RIP OFF ARTISTS. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
I also had problems trying to buy an Olymous sp565 uz or an Olympus 570 uz. I placed the order, was given an order number. Told to call back to confirm. Then he tried to sell me batteries for over $150.00, warrenty, memory card etc. When I told him I just wanted the camera he told me it was out of stock, cancelled my order and hung up on me. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !
Pd
  18th of Dec, 2008
This place is a joke. Ordered a camera then received an email to contact them that I needed to purchase a battery. Are you kidding me? I then tried to cancel the order and to this day am still trying. The continue to try to debit my credit card and send emails daily. Joe is the person I that requested twice to cancel my order and tonight he acted like a 2 year old. This man use loose his job over the way he treats customers on the phone. I have asked to speak to a supervisor but I am always transfered to Joe. What a joke this company should be shut down. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
Wh
  18th of Dec, 2008
Same problem as bait and switch with the same product, a Garmin Nuvi 880. When I tried to cancel the order, only an hour later, they insisted that it had already shipped. I am prepared to go to war against the fraudulent SOBs. These few lousy businesses continue to tarnish on line shopping.
Pe
What AZZHOLES
First I asked for the guys name - ELI
Told him I was looking a a camera they have on line.
Canon HF10
He asked - What Package?
I said - NO PACKAGE.

He hung up on me.
So
  22nd of Dec, 2008
OnTimeDigital.com sucks. Purchased a camera, eventually received an email asking me to call them regarding my order. After 20+ minutes on hold talked to Joe who simply wanted to upsell me. Told me that the battery was only good for 15 minutes? and I needed to buy a better one. I declined, he then wanted me to buy a warranty, I declined. Finally he agreed to ship the camera as ordered. I received the wrong color! After several phone calls (I got hung up on three times as soon as they realized I was calling with a complaint) they told me that the only thing they could do was to refund me if I returned the camera. They admitted their mistake but refused to cover the return shipping charges! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! If you are considering doing so call them first with a question...see how long you are on hold, and experience first hand their rude and unhelpful attitude.
Oh
  22nd of Dec, 2008
My husband and I are dealing with this company now and it’s been nothing but a nightmare! He was told the camera did something that it didn't and when he got it, he called and went round and round with this company. He told them he wanted our money back and we'd return the camera only he was told we had to pay a restocking fee which of course he refused. Finally, after demanding a manager or owner from "Shawn", (by the way, the owners name he was given was “Frank Bosco") they gave him an authorization code to return it. We haven't received a tracking arrival notice yet but we are concerned about our refund.

Have any of you who have returned an item received their refund?

We called our local camera store and they recommended a great reputable site, which he ordered from and got the camera WITH extras that they threw in free of charge. I suggest you go there if you want to buy a good camera from a quality online company. Its

www.fotoconnection.com
Jo
  23rd of Dec, 2008
Me Too!!

I bought an Olypus Stylus for $70 less than anywhere else. I paid for 2 day shipping so I'd get it by Christmas. Instead I got the e-mail from Joe S. telling me to call and confirm. After several days of trying to get through and several more e-mails, I finally got someone after waiting on hold for 20 min. The short story is they told me the camera had no battery and it would cost $69.95 for the battery. There went my $70 savings. I cancelled the order and hung up, after telling them what I thought of them. Don't buy from them!!!
De
  12th of Jan, 2009
ontimedigital.com ---WOW... I am amazed at how many complaints this company has... (If they even are a real company). The funny thing is that everyone happens to speak with the same person...as did I...(Eli Silver) or (John). After placing my order, a "CAll TO COMFIRM EMAIL" was sent to me which i found kind of odd. After being on hold for 20 minutes "Eli" asked me if i wanted to buy all this extra crap which i declined. He proceeded to tell me that the camera would not function without all these extra things. so i asked him if "i was buying a non functioning camera???" He Said Yes so i cancelled the order. He was very rude... and when i called back the same guy answered. When I told him i wanted to speak with a manager or supervisor he hung up on me. BEWARE...DO NOT BUY FROM ONTIMEDIGITAL.COM...IT IS A SCAM!!! these complaints should say a lot!!!
Ka
  18th of Feb, 2009
Wow! I was on the verge of buying a camera from them! Thanks everyone.

I have done hours of online shopping for the Nikon P 80 and the Olympus Stylus 1010, and found their prices way below anyone else. In the back of my mind, I suspected it was too good to be true.

I also noticed no rhyme or reason to their pricing. One color of Stylus would be $189, another $139, and another $125, yet all were the same model camera. Go figure.
Da
  16th of Mar, 2009
This company is a big scam. I got my confirmation, called to confirm, they tried to up sell me telling me that the battery only lasts 15 minutes I would need another one. I said no and they said they were going to send the camera, camera never came and when I called two weeks later they said the order was canceled. No email was sent to me, no phone call ever came telling me it was canceled. Five minutes after I got off the phone with them they sent me a email cancellation. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!