HCPGOLD / Unauthorized billing

I was called in the afternoon while I was tired from a long flight and having jet lag on August 23 of 2007. The call was apparently from a company called ValuePlus and the caller spoke to me so fast that what I understood from the call was, I am paying for a one month one time service to try out and in exchange I will get discount coupons for groceries and Gas.

I noticed that my card was getting charged regularly and I called their 800 number and got a refund and also canceled my membership.

But this month my husband noticed another charge of $49.95 by HCPGold in our credit card. When I call the customer service, she plays a recording of Aug 23 2007, and says that I had approved and agreed to pay them every month. They have been ripping me off for the past year and half. When I argued and requested refund she has agreed to refund $299.00 by mail.

I fear that some other companies or merchants might charge my account keeping this one call of Aug 23 2007 as proof of my approval.

Bi

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2007

Policy canceled, continued billing. This is fraud company - stay away for it!

• Yv
      8th of Sep, 2007
    HCPGOLD - Fraud & cheating!

My bank paid $59.02 to this identity and we both do not have any record of this transaction. I do not know how they got out card number and the scary part is that we do no know if they have shared it. The transaction took place on 9/5/3007. I am gong to alert my bank as to this transaction and I warn other people from this company.

• Ge
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I have Terminated my Debit Card , and Notified my Bank to stop the automatic payments to HCPGOLD.. and two other Co,s They hit me for $ 49.95.. I have NEVER used My card with them, No record in my Check Book, and No Statements, or services. If HCPGOLD is A Reputible Co. Then they have an Employee of Unsavory Character.

• Fo
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I received a 9.95 charge from the same thing. I don't know who they are or HOW they got my billing. All I know is at the same time I received a WC Value charge for 1.00. I just thought it was a generic preauth at first, however the charge remained and the next day was followed by this. To cancel WC Value, 1-800-475-1942. I am hoping this number will know who HPC Gold is. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND HOW DO THEY GET MY CREDIT CARD INFO??

• De
      2nd of Oct, 2007

HPCGold was a program that Value Plus was affiliated with. Value Plus does not have information to contact HPCGold and are unable to help. Deduction of $49.95/monthly taken from bank account but I cannot find any way of contacting HPC Gold to stop. Any information that will help me will be appreciated.

• Ly
      12th of Oct, 2007
    HCPGOLD - Fraud & cheating!

When I checked my online account today, guess what was on there? I am extremely upset. I hope someone gets to the bottom of this soon. Think of all the elderly, or people who don't check their accounts regularly.

Beware!

• El
      5th of Nov, 2007
    HCPGOLD - Have not received the information or product!

I received a call offering some money for gas and 3 different kinds of magazines. the company suppose to send the information first by mail and if I would agree to keep I had also had some time to cancel. I did not receive the information by mail neither the product, but my credit car was charged with the amount of 49.95.

• Ra
      25th of Nov, 2007

I have not gave HCPGOLD permeshon to debit my account i have never used my card with them and i was billed 49.95 and now i owe my bank money.

• Ty
      28th of Nov, 2007

Honestly I have no clue whats going on with this. I canceled my card notified my bank and am still being billed. I've been billed for the past 4 months!

• Tr
      31st of Dec, 2007

I have a promblem with a company that can steal a hard workers money right out of their checking account without consent from the account holder. This has going on for months and I had no clue who the hell this company is. I never Signed up for anything and I am goinig to try to have them investigated and try to bring forth a law suit.HpcGold

• Vi
      5th of Jan, 2008
    hcpgold
    1444 Calihan Road
    Booneville
    Arkansas
    Phone: 4798496224
    hcpgold

hcpgold took money out of my account useing my atm card. I did not give them the right to do this. I
    want my money back.

10th of Jan, 2008

hcpgold are a group of hyenas that steal money out of hardworking people's checking accounts.i spoke with these people in the customer care department and found them to be rude and arguementive.i would like to start a class action suit. anybody out there interested?

25th of Jan, 2008

THE SAME ### HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!! WTF MAN! MY CREDIT CARD BILL IS BEIGN CHARGED 49.95 AND ITS SOME B.S. BECAUSE I CANCELLED AND NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING ANYWAY....

8th of Feb, 2008

I want hcpgold.com to stop charging my account 49.95 or anything else.

• Es
      9th of Feb, 2008

Unauthorized usage of my credit card. Beware!

• Di
      23rd of Feb, 2008
    HCPGOLD - Fraud & cheating!

Looked at my on-line bank statement and noticed charges in the amount of $49.95 had been taken out without my authorization or knowledge. Did not authorize and do not know how my account number was given to this company.

• Ra
      8th of Mar, 2008

HCPGOLD is fraud company.They are taking out money from my account from past 5 months with out my permission.49.95. I never opened my account with these guys and i don't know how they got my personal detail.I Terminated my debit card. Can any one tell me how to get the money back.

20th of Mar, 2008

Same outrageous story for me- $49.95 debited from my checking account. I don't even know who these crooks are!
    If anyone who reads this knows about legal steps we can take to get our money back, please post it.

• Bo
      1st of Apr, 2008

you have been taking 49.95 out of my checking acct which I did not authorize. Please stop this and refund my money or I will be contacting my attorney.

• St
      25th of Apr, 2008

I have been billed for services not Authorized, would like to Cancell and recieve a Full refund.