HCCMISIt is a scam

I took Insurance from this company for my parents visiting from India( one pre-existing and one regular). My dad had a sudden pain in his tooth one day. We called up this insurance guys and told them our problem, they recommend us to go to the dentist immediately and to take care of the tooth. The dentist had to take out the tooth since it was and emergency and we could not wait until he goes back to India. We submitted the claim to HCCMIS but they rejected the claim saying it was not and accident. I called up the company but the call center guys can't give us any answers. We dont know if this was an accident but the guy we spoke with before going to the dentist confirmed that this claim is covered. But once we sent the claim to them they are refusing to pay us.
We took this insurance after checking the reviews and were planning to take it for my parents and in-laws for few more years. But now we have started looking for another company for my in-laws. the money we gave was useless. This is like donating money. We dont have to donate our hard earned money to these people, there are better organisations that we donate our money to. We want insurance coverage for emergencies. Dont care if its an accident.

please stay away from this company. The call-center guys refused to give me the direct contact to their supervisor, so no way to really talk to the higher management guys.

Veena

Vp

Comments

•   May 23, 2011

Hello,

My name is Muhammad Yasin, I am a client advocate for HCC Medical Insurance Services. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the product you purchased from us. We cover over 140, 000 people every year with our Atlas product and take our customer service very seriously. I would like to offer my assistance and will be sending you a private message with my direct email address.

• Ve
      Sep 22, 2011

hi all,

i got the email from Muhammad Yasin, but its the same answer that they cant help us. they say they take customer service very seriously. But looking at this complain board it looks otherwise. we pay such a big amount for uncertainties and when need arises they have thousands of excuses and rules and conveniently refuses to pay. Luckily we had a small need but they still didnt bother to pay. Really bad customer service. Actually they yell and scream at you when we tried to reason with them. Please dont take insurance from this company because there is no use. Take it from a company where they will actually pay you when needed.

Veena

• Sc
      Feb 14, 2012

As it is clearly written in the brochure, description of coverage and in the master policy wording, tooth pain or extraction etc. are not covered expenses until it is due to an accident. Please understand that medical and dental insurance are two separate things. If you wanted tooth covered, you should have purchased dental insurance or at least denal discount plan, as medical insurance does not cover that. In case of injury to teeth in an accident, it is considered medical problem and not dental, just like red eye or injury to eye is a medical problem but glasses and lenses are separate and not part of medical insurance. Please note that every plan is not meant to cover everything you need. e.g., does your car insurance cover oil change or flat tire? No. It does not mean the car insurance is any bad. It is just not covered.

• Pi
      Feb 27, 2012

This insurance is a scam - they will take your money, when something actually happens don't expect to be reimbursed, first they will tell you it takes 4 months to process your claim, then after almost a year with numerous phone calls and emails, they will not even respond to any communication - thieves, liars

Mar 28, 2013

People only complain when their claims get denied simply because the buyer doesn't read their policy. All you have to do is read it before you buy it and you won't be disappointed.

Mar 13, 2014

The worst inusurance company ever!!! My mom had this insurance for refugees. She never used but one day she was bleeding and she had pelvic pain and we went to the doctor. I'm 27 and my mom got a contraceptive when i was born 27 years ago, so that was in her for more than 27 years and it was the cause of the pain. The doctor told her to put it out and she ask him to check first if the insurance covered that. This insurance for refugees is supposed to be full cover and with no deductible. After the procedure the insurance refusee to pay it. The doctor even sent them a letter to explain how necessary was this procedure. But they said that they don't cover procedures for pregnancy. My mom is 50 and she was in pain. She was not trying to get pregnant. Now the hospital is asking her to pay an expensive bill, and she have been in this country for less than a year. I'm still calling to the customer services of HCC but they are mean, like really mean all the time. I got always the same representative Julio or Cesar and they never have anwsers. Now Julio told that they still checking the case, but they probably won't cover the procedure. They got the letter and the claim from the doctor till October. They did not do ANYTHING about it. Then I got a letter from the hospital trying to send my mom to collection. I call the insurance and they told me to that they had a letter from the a doctor with a claim what they don't have a formal appeal from my mom.. REALLY!!! I fill the appeal form and I sent it to them. ANYWAY I'm really upset about the way if this company to work with costumers. In this country sadly the health care is something shameful, but health insurances companies like this one just make the things more disgraceful. Now Im trying to get a decent heath care for my and my parents with the new Health Care of the government. But i won't recommend ANYONE to
    pay any cent for being covered for this HCC company. They are just insensitive people trying to get money out of people like refugees, students, visitors... IF anyone here knows other places where i can call because i dont want to speak again with Julio or Cesar or any of the mean representatives of this company please let me know. I'm will still fighting for my mom rights and I will propose my self to let everyone know how insufficient this company is.

Javier

Nov 15, 2016

HCC Denied All Claims
    I have had similar issues as the postings on this site. After seven months of weekly phone conversations and endless communications with HCC, countless requests for resending doctor reports, all claims for myself and my dependents have been denied with no hope of appeal (around 30k). The claims include check ups, blood work, doctors visits, hospital stays, surgery and treatments. It is like I did not have health insurance although I was paying a lot for it. I found the HCC representatives to be uninformed, rude, and in a few cases lied to me directly on the phone. Note, I did receive my benefits package 7 months after getting a policy but 6 weeks after being canceled.
    HCC I believe is the worst company I have ever dealt with after 7 months all claims have been denied and my policy canceled. Ingrid Robinson at ingrid.[protected]@yahoo.com has been helping me deal with HCC. Contact her if you are at a loss of what to do as well.
    Mark A.