HCC Medical Insurance ServicesNot settling the chanrges and kept delaying by asking more documents and denying getting any documents

I bought a medical insurance from HCCMIS since May 2014. Got sick in August 2014. Was admitted to emergency room, then got transferred to ICU after a heart surgery. Since then HCCMIS has not settled the case and asked my passport photocopy, old medical records from my home country, medical records from all current providers who treated me (emergency room, hospital, cardiologist, radiologist, etc). We have submitted all the documents and still got a letter today on Jan 5, 2015 that they have not received my medical records from my home country and they have also not received medical records from providers.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Farmington Hills, MI After I fax or mail the documents I call customer service agents to verify whether they received and their answers are always the same it will take 3-4 weeks to get in the system. After 4 weeks I call them again and they again give the same reply that they are still expecting documents. I am in process of taling to consumer department and an attorney to file a case against the company as I think they are going to do the same thing that is going to deny in the end saying that either it is pre-existing condition or too much time has passed to further process the claim. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! THEIR INSURANCE IS A SCAM AND THE COMPANY IS A FRAUD.

As
Jan 05, 2015

Comments

• Hc
      Jan 07, 2015

We're sorry you have had difficulty with your claim. We have contacted you via private message to help resolve your situation.

• Ka
      Feb 24, 2015

I am having similar experience and bought the policy around the same time as yours. The things you described about asking for repeat documents and delaying the decision was faced by me too. Now, that I left the country as a visitor and returned back, they have denied the claims stating pre-existing. There is no evidence or a illness. I am now appealing against the decision and have sent them letter. Don't know when this will be resolved and I have no money to pay the big fat medical bills of USA service providers. We buy insurance thinking we will be protected in the event something goes wrong. HCC medical goes and makes it worse. I am informing all my friends and family, not to sign up for this insurance and agree that I have started to feel the same.

Feb 24, 2015

Kamlesh - We're sorry the claim process has been frustrating. We have sent you a private message to help address your concerns.

Jul 18, 2015

I am having the same problems and issues with HCC Medical Insurance Services. They are looking for anything to get out of their responsibilities in the terms of agreement. HCC denied my claims due to what HCC is stating that there is a 'pre-existing conditions' which is false (which I proved to HCC). HCC suggested I appeal. I went through the lengthy process to fill out the forms (which HCC claimed that they lost, which I resent). The appeal was originally sent in on 3-9-15. I am waiting for their answer on the appeal. HCC said it will take 60 days to review. It's 7-18-15 and still no answer on the appeal. I have called as least 10 times on this matter to get resolved. HCC representative's keep telling me there is no way to contact the Claims Department by phone...so I can get to the bottom of what is holding the payment of said claim or review of appeal. I will not give up on requesting that my claim be paid as the term of the agreement state. I will continue until I get resolution. Does anyone know how to get a hold of a supervisor with authority in the Claims Department? PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! THEIR INSURANCE IS A SCAM AND THE COMPANY IS A FRAUD.

Jul 20, 2015

"3-19-15 appeal" - We're sorry you are having difficulty getting information on your claim. We have contacted you via private message to help.

Jul 20, 2015

I called HCC about the said problem... after I saw HCC general cookie cutter answer "We're sorry you are having difficulty getting information on your claim. We have contacted you via private message to help". After waiting on the phone for quite a while, I spoke with a Customer Service Representative I asked her about the status of my appeal from 3-9-15. She said it was viewed and rejected on 6-25-15...due to existing conditions. Nobody from HCC sent a letter, email or any other form of communications to let me know this answer. Again, this is typical from HCC. Their process is reckless, late and confusing. Someone from HCC's legal group is suppose to contact me on this matter. Again, I been told that someone form HCC will call me from previous discussions and I end up calling them because they do not call. Customer Service will not give out any department numbers i.e...Legal Dep., Claims, etc...Your only way to communicate is with Customer Service...which gets you no where! Again, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! THEIR INSURANCE IS A SCAM AND THE COMPANY IS A FRAUD.

Jul 23, 2015

Its 3 days later and no one from HCC has contacted me as promised from HCC's Customer Service. As mentioned in the 7-20-15 complaint, HCC said their Legal Department would contact me within a short time frame. Again, HCC does not do as promised. Again, I am realizing this company was never going to pay a claim if contracted to do so. If anyone is thinking of using HCC short term insurance do not make the same mistake by doing business with this Insurance company. As you can see from other complaints, HCC Insurance is a scam and the company is a fraud.

Jul 24, 2015

We're sorry no one has contacted you yet. If you respond to the private message we sent at the beginning of the week, we can look into your case and make sure someone follows up with you.