HBS (Hold Billing Services) / unauthorized billing

Received unauthorized monthly subscription charge on my Comcast phone bill from FINDYOURDIET.COM. Spoke with Sharon at Hold Billing Services. Someone had set up this account using an old email address and my phone number. They had used my security questioon but did not have the correct answer. This email address has been out of service for over 2 years ( company went out of business). How they got the address and linked it to my phone number is beyond me; unless the old phone company ( who provided the email address) actually sold the info in a database when they went out of business. This operation is certainly a scam and I think it is more than just a rtandom thing; I strongly suspect there is identity thft going on in this organization.

Comments

• Cs
      15th of Dec, 2009

The same unauthorized billing appeared in my AT&T monthly bill. I called HOLD billing services and found out they set up based on information gathered over the internet, such as facebook and many other web sites. They got my correct phone number, address, but with a phony e-mail address and incorrectly spelled first name. While they claim they verify before activating the service, how they verified the service is beyond me. I think this HOLD billing services and whatever service it claims providing are certainly scams; they are just out there to "rob" whatever they can from average people.

• Ad
      4th of Jan, 2010

I live with my husbands father and there hav been multiple charges to the AT&T account for the year of 2009. Every time he called HBS They would give him my maiden name (which i no longer go by) And say i signed up for it via the internet. They range from private voicemail, to some BS about talking to celebrities...nothing I would ever sign up for. So far the charges have ranged from $9.95 to $40.00. When we call they always give us a credit to our phone bill and say their canceling it, but then sure enough, 3, 4, or 5 months later...boom! theres another charge for some new thing they swear i signed up for. This is geting out of hand because im getting accused of something i know i did not do. I check my email, thats about it. I dont make online purchases or sign up for anything. The fact that AT&T allows this makes me think their in on it! I hope someone puts a stop to this!

• Ci
      17th of Jan, 2010

A $14.95 charge from HBS??? For what???

I was charged $14.95 from HBS on my At&T bill that I didn't authorized. I called HBS and they 'promised" to credit my bill within two months. I also don't believe them therefore I called At&T to complain and to make sure that my At& t bill is credited. I encourage everyone to complain to At&t as well. At&t needs to take responsibility and stop charging their customers unnecessary. As soon as my contract with At&t is completed, I'm switching to another phony company.

• Xd
      22nd of Jan, 2010

the same thing happened to me and it was on my mothers phone bill and i dont even live there with her any more havent for 3 years and she calls me saying that she had to call these people to quit charging her for something that she didnt kno what it was and when they told her what email account it was signed up with it was mine. which they acted like i must of signed up for it and when she told me about i blew up and i was like i did not and now that im reading all of these comments i now believe that its a skam bc i kno i didnt sign up for this ### and my email address that they told her was incorrect any ways soo i kno this is bull ###.. they need to put a stop to this ### right away. and they told my mom it was somthing for like celebrities ... like following celebrites! what the helL!!!???? i think they are trying to get as much money as they can out of the american people !!!

• Cu
      18th of Jan, 2011

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at FindYourDiet take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-877-391-3161 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.
    Sincerely,