HBO / programming

1 NY, United States Review updated:

When TV was free I feel it was ok to watch commercials, someone had to pay. Now in this day and age, we must subscribe to a service that can be expensive. It is killing me that I pay for a premium channel HBO, and get old movies from the 70's 80's 90's etc. These types of older movies are not what I am paying for! I could get them from the Library for free... Who is in charge of the Television Networks that air and monitor shows other than the company themselves. It is not fair as a consumer to pay for premium channels and get poor programming. Thank You, Carolyn

Comments

• In
      12th of Feb, 2009

The original idea behind pay TV was for you to pay a small premium to get COMMERCIAL-FREE TV.
    Now the robber-barons of the entertaiment industry are forcing viewers of even small channels with lousy programming to watch up to 20 minutes an hour of commercials and not just any commercials but loud commercials where the decibel level is at least 10db over the regular programs. Years ago this was outlawed by the FCC for broadcast TV but cable still gets away with it.

• Hi
      16th of Jun, 2009

As a paying customer of HBO, I don't feel it is necessary to bleep out the "F" word on Artie Lang on Joe Buck Live. Every other show is allowed to be uncensored.

• Re
      16th of Jun, 2009

As a customer who has been paying for HBO for many years, I am very disappointed that you bleeped Artie Lang on Joe Buck Live. HBO allows the F word on all of their own programs, such as Deadwood, Entourage, etc. I spend big bucks to have all the pay channels, so I don't have to deal with censorship. Quit trying to protect me, PLEASE!

• Ga
      29th of Oct, 2010

Tonite I removed HBO from my sevice due to price and the lack of entertaining service. Real Sports, In Treatment, The Glass House, Eastbound, Hooker & Johns (and all the variations), The Abyss, Johnny Dangerously(from 1984). This is the type of programming that I have been recieveing for the last 6 months plus, even though I have been a customer for over 7 years.

As a customer, I knew HBO to be the channel to show the movies first, and the best series. Untill recently, I was payng for that same service. But now I am paying for old or outdated movies (Encino Man) and series. TNT and TBS has better programming. Why is that?
    Gail Charles
    gailcharl2@hotmail.com

• Ga
      29th of Oct, 2010

Cable or Satalite service has fallen very short, but of course now that the TV vewing public has to pay to get channels that we use to get by just purchasings a television and plugging it into an outlet has gone out of fashion. Or better yet, now new televisions have to be bought to accommadate the new system, paying upwards of 150.00$ plus for new television, I guess it is just progress.
    The most enjoyable part of my travel to work and home was listening to one of my local TV station on radio, now I have to purchase that service Via Serius Radio. Progress has a value, along with many other things we use to enjoys or taken for granted. Not all can afford. I hope that this will change.

• Su
      26th of Jul, 2011
    HBO - Wondering about too many ads
    India

I love hbo but I'm wondering if the management changed or if our fellow Indians are running the channel.. Because they are too many advertisements like all the other indian channels which is really "pissing" .. Please look into it! Any change will be appreciated, by all the Indians!

• We
      16th of Mar, 2012

hbo should be ashamed - it's programing is disgusting, showing outdated movies, over and over again and pushing a disgusting liberal agenda on those who are sickened by this. that maggot bill mahr being a perfect example. current movies consist of degenerate low life's who are portrayed as the norm. give us a break.
    if things don't change soon, i will have no choice but to cancel my subscription - i don't know who is in charge of programing - but they should be fired.

• We
      16th of Mar, 2012

do something about your disgusting programing or i am gone!!

• Mu
      28th of Jul, 2012
    HBO - movie
    India

Harry potter and the deadly hollows (part1) is showing the video of the comming part in the movie and the sound of the previous part of the same movie ... please see that you do the as fast as possible... i love harry potter and i want to want it nicely

• Di
      29th of Apr, 2013

I decided to go ROKU and stream my commercial T.V thru my High Speed internet ..one of the channels I was provided was HBO Go which I must be a T.V provider subscriber to even get. Why do I have to pay for a T.V provider...I don't want T.V . I cant even watch on my laptop my favorite show Game of Thrones and I would have even paid for the monthly subscription which I do thru Netflix, and Hulu plus. My T.V bill went down over $160 a month by unsubscribing to T.V providers and now I watch what I want ..when I want. This really ticks me off. What does HBO have stock in Comcast and/or other T.V providers...do we gotta have one subscription to get another? I will wait for the box set to hit Netflix...Screw HBO

• Pe
      6th of Mar, 2014
    HBO - HBO Go
    HBO

I am complaining about HBO providing last season of Game of Thrones only through HBO Go and streaming. I am at a computer all day and do not want to watch TV on my computer. Why is not season three on HBO on Demand?

• Al
      17th of Dec, 2014

Just saw the final episode of Newsroom. It was very touching and I will miss this program. Sorkin's genius again provided us with a view of reality that many will find troubling and offensive. Many of us would like to believe that we as Americans are above the tawdry manipulations as witnessed in other countries, but as Newsroom showed, this is not always the case. Newsroom aptly illustrated that there is a conflict between providing an unbiased, truthful portrayal of the news verses the revenue that must be generated to provide this service. The cast of Newsroom led by Jeff Daniels was excellent. They were real people with problems and egos and foibles, but for the most part, they were also decent and caring. The First Amendment gives us a free press, but as Newsroom illustrates, being free also carries many burdens that must be weighed against each other. Even if the viewership of Newsroom was low, I feel it should have been continued. The program had substance.
    Alan Kilshaw

15th of Aug, 2018
    Home Box Office [HBO] - George lopez

He needs to be fired and his show taken off of the air immediately for his actions. Is this stunt a hbo special? was it backed by hbo? what a disgrace for a human to embarrass mexicans, americans and mexican americans. I will also be calling direct tv and demand that they pull his show from airing. Jwillusmc@hotmail.Com

• Tr
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Home Box Office [HBO] - Movies being cut down for time sake.
    Downingtown
    Pennsylvania

2 movies-Sex and the City and The Devil Wears Prada. Both are movies I've seen multiple times before. Both were missing scenes from the original movie.

20th of Aug, 2018
    Home Box Office [HBO] - There is no sound on HBO channel
    Bhimavaram
    India

I am the fan of HBO please resolve problem, picture was coming but no sound pleaseee.

• Ss
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Home Box Office [HBO] - Hbo cable
    Chicago
    Illinois

My channel with Bill maher show does not work

• Ta
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Home Box Office [HBO] - Casting
    Rome
    Georgia

How the [censored] you going to update your HBOGO SO THAT ANDROID USERS CANT CAST... THAT IS [censored] PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS.