Haynes Furniture / Defective furniture

1 5301 Croatian Hwy., #DKitty Hawk, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 252-255-0900

I purchased two set of bunk beds in November 2006 at Haynes Furnture. They were very accommodating as most sales people are during the sales process but totally change their service when there is a problem. On June 2, 2008 one of my guests climbed into the top bunk and the bed collapsed. The bed rail totally split and the bed was beyond repair. This young man could have been seriously injured. I went to Haynes to see what they could do. Their response was a big fat "nothing" . The beds had a one year warranty. I explained they were in a beach house so technically had only been used for 3 months (the summer of 2007). This is the first they have been used this season. Do you think that in the interest of good customer service and the fact that they had been barely used they would have tried to help me? They installed the beds and set them up. How do we know they didn't install them properly? They told me to take it up with the manufacturer (NASA Manufacturing [protected]). NASA was no help at all. They told me to take it up with Haynes since they sold me the beds and they needed to stand by their sale.

So here I am after spending $3, 000 with defective beds. Unfortunately it will take a lawyer to sue the manufacture for defective merchandise and Haynes for not setting the beds up properly.

BOTTOM LINE... NEVER EVER SHOP HAYNES!!! THEY SUCK YOU IN FOR THE SALE BUT THAT IS IT. THEY COULD CARE LESS IF THEY SELL YOU SOMETHING THAT POTENTIALLY COULD CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. NOT THEIR PROBLEM THEY SAY. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?? IT WENT OUT THE WINDOW HERE ONCE THE SALE WAS MADE.

SHAME ON THEM!!!

Comments

1st of Jul, 2008

You are so right! I had a similar experience and these people are unethical. They should be closed down.

20th of Feb, 2009

I purchased an entertainment center with ladder bookshelves. I put together the right side okay, the center console okay. When I put together the left side it had two left sides and could not be put together as the holes were predrilled and set. I called the store to let them know and now we are on our fifth week of the run around. They are now saying, sure bring the whole thing back and we will return your money, after we have put the rest of it together. They say they no longer have it in stock, but the reality is they do not want to give us this side and take their defective side back. They offered an entire floor model that is scratched up and worse than what we have. We did not pay for a floor model. We paid for one right out of the box. I was told today we can not do anything for you. So we have purchased an item that part of it is useless and we are ticked. I would never purchase from them again ever. They are a complete ripoff and should be closed down.

• Zj
      11th of Apr, 2009

Has anyone started working on a class action lawsuit against Haynes?