Hawkeye Movers / Terrible service and overcharges!

1 Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 515-262-1556

I hired the moving company Jan '07. They demanded cash up front, unlike the Visa/Master Card advertised. They did not have the proper equipment to move us from Des Moines to Cedar Rapids Iowa. Stated they would have to make 2 trips as they were unable to load the BBQ grill and patio set. I gave them a break by allowing them to bring the grill & patio set to my other house in Des Moines for a couple of weeks until they could finish the job.

Instead of bringing just these 2 things, they brought a truck load (contents of the garage and shed and all lawn/patio furnishings) and dumped them in my yard. My neighbor turned me into the 'city' and I rec'd a citation to either haul the items to the dump within 2 weeks or the city would charge me $200/hr to do so. The I had to hire a truck and crew and do the dump haul myself. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and have not heard any further from them or Hawkeye Movers...

Va

Comments

• Ha
      3rd of May, 2008

The website listed is not for the local moving company that provided this horrible service. We are an Atlas Van Lines Agent based out of Davenport, Ia. In 25 years of business we have never had jobs pad for cash up front.

Also after searching our records to make sure we did not do this move, we can not match any jobs that relate to this one. We have no records for any job from Des Moines in January, Meaning we did not do this.

If someone can provide our paperwork for this job that shows that we did it we are more than willing to take care of any wrong doing. Seeing as we don't have any, I believe that you wouldn't either.

We believe the company that provided this "service" is a small local moving company called Hawkeye Movers Limited based out of Des Moines, Ia. There phone number matches the one provided.

We have made multiple attempts to contact the poster to take our website off this post. If there is no reply soon to these attempts, we will begin taking the necessary legal steps against the poster and this website for defamation of character.