Hawaiian Airlines / Don't fly

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received. If I can avoid it, I will NOT fly them again...

Ja

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Jun, 2009
    Bank of America - Hawaiian Airlines Charge Account - Fees

I have been a customer of Bank America for one year. During that time I accepted a promotional offer for a low rate charge card with no annual fee. Since opening the account I have paid as agreed and have not been late or gone over my limit.

I received a notice on June 22, 2009 advising me that a $50 annual fee would be charged as of July 1, 2009.

Bank of America did not give me enough notice to decide whether to pay the account off and and close the account to avoid the fee. If I do not accept the fee, my account will automatically be closed, the balance would become due and payable and my credit score will be affected due to "lender closing account" and availability of funds being reduced.

I believe that is is unethical for Bank of America to change account terms without sufficient notice. I believe that a customer with a good payment history should be treated with some level of respect, especially now in an environment where so many are defaulting.

• Je
      21st of Mar, 2010

(Laughing) So no more flying straight to Hawaii for you! You need to just let this go. Your disposition or tone was most likely the reason you had poor customer service. Just from your post you can tell that you yell, scream, and stomp your feet!

• Tr
      22nd of Sep, 2010
    Hawaiian Airline - Don't fly with them
    Hawaiian Airline

We were unable to fly to Maui in March of this year. So we called Hawaiian Airline. They said no problem we will issue you a credit. When I said that the credit card number had changed, she said, "no problem, it just had gone through". When I checked the credit card the next month there was no credit. Upon calling HA, they indicated that this was a internal credit and we had to use it within 12 months, subject to possible additional fees.

We had purchased the tickets on the web site for $688 each(that was before Alaskan Airline started the same route). Once we were ready to change our tickets, we were told that we can change them only by calling them. For the period of interest, the e-ticket cost now $472. When we called them, we were told we had to pay an additional $350 per ticket. Upon asking for a supervisor the price was reduced to $175 per ticket. We still did not like it, as I pointed out to them that the prices had actually been reduced between our first reservation and the one currently available ($215).

When contacting their Consumer Affair Office twice asking them for 1) a refund - DECLINED and 2) for waving of the addtional fee - DECLINED.

At that point I wrote them back and told them they were Penny wise and Dollar fullish.

So we are paying the additional fee and will make sure everybody is aware of Hawaiian Airline short sightedness. I hope we have convinced others to use another airline even if it is for a few dollars more.

• Fl
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I totally agree: This airline provides miserable service, the planes that they use for their Honolulu - Manila route are junk with totally worn out seats. I was sitting on a metal bar that was covered with 1/2 inch of foam for over 10 hours while the lady from behind was pushing her knees into my back. I experienced this almost every time when I used them for my flights to Manila but from now on I will avoid them under any circumstances, even if I have to pay more for other airlines.

• Ll
      20th of Feb, 2012
    Hawaiian Air Lines - Slow credit processing
    Sun City
    Arizona
    Phone: 6235845201

On Feb. 4 I made reservations with Hawaiian Air Lines. Their e-mail confirmation indicated wrong return departure origin. Called immediately and was advised that a cr would show on my cr card acct within 7 days. On 2/20 I received via e-mail my cr co's statement -- no credit for the $1750 charge. Calling immediately, I was advised that the cr was not processed until Feb. 17 and it would take another 2 to 3 weeks for the cr to appear on my credit card. This will probablyt throw the $1750 cr into the next billing cycle, leaving $1750 unresolved on my acct -- which I always pay in full. Hope the rest of the trip goes better than this.

• Ll
      20th of Feb, 2012

On Feb. 4, 2012, I discovered that a reservation I had just made was wrong -- probably due to difficulty in understanding HAL reservations person's accent. I called and was advised that a credit would be issued to my acct within 7 days. On 2/20 I received my cr card's statement via e-mail. The credit was not yet on it. I was advised by HAL that the credit had not been processed until 2/17 and would not appear on my acct for another 2 to 3 weeks! This will quite likely throw the cr into my next billing cycle, leaving a $1750 charge on my cr card acct unresolved. Very unsatisfactory! Hope the trip goes better than this!

• De
      28th of May, 2012
    Hawaiian Airlines - hawaiian packages confirmations
    hawaiian airlines
    hawaiianair.com

I booked my 9 day Hawiian trip through the web site of hawaiianair.com, my flight from seatac did not have seats available when purchased, but 24hrs on web check-in I was able to purchase emeregency exit seats for 35$ per person per seat, so I did. but upon original purchase of the return flight i was given a confirmed seat via email showing my seats that were selected durning purchase. when I attempted to web check in 24hrs before departure I found out that NOT only was I given those seats as MY confirmed seats but so were many others! after spending 5 hrs on the phone with several Indian people regarding my tickets and the fact that I had been sent a email WITH my seats listed and that selling the SAME seats over and over WAS and IS illigal! I will certainly take this matter to the local attourny's! WE AMERICANS! should NOT take this lying down! we have paid for our tickets and should get what we paid for OR the airlines should not be able to sell BOGUS! seats!

• Mi
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Hawaiian Airlines - Avoid flying with them
    Hawaiian Airlines

On the way to our vacation on Lopez island they lost our luggage but ensured us they will find it and send it soon, We spend 10 days without clothing on a cold island in Washington state . They return flight was 13 hours delayed and we have not gotten compensation for the lost items since Hawaiian demands receipts for everything you claimed you lost. Who keeps receipts for clothing longer than 30 days? The service on board is non existent and legroom is tiny and the prices are high. Avoid that airline whenever you can and do not check bags with that company.