Haverty's / High prices from employees point of view
Let me start off by saying that no one should ever shop at Haverty's and here are reasons why.
1: Furniture markup--- Haverty's furniture is so tremendously marked up far more than any other furniture store. Take a piece that costs $999.00 in the store, Haverty's cost only $299.00. A piece selling for $1, 999.oo, again Haverty's cost is $599.00.
2: Quality of product--- Haverty's product is not the best by comparison. I have seen so many returns because of the unit falling apart or just being delivered damaged.
3: Delivery cost--- Haverty's has raised their delivery charge from $49.95 to $199.99-$699.99. Haverty's just raised 60% of their product to cover high fuel costs and now they want you to pay another price to have your product delivered. You DO NOT have to pay this charge.If anyone pays this, then shame on you.
4: Protection plan (Gold-in Home)--- This "protection" for your furniture is a big joke. Salespeople are given free rang to lie about what this worthless plan covers. Salespeople get paid at least 25% of what you spend for this. The price can range from $199.00-$699.00. If you buy this plan, you might as well kiss your money goodbye. NEVER buy this. It does NOT work.
5: "NO-Haggle policy"--- Haverty's has started this no-haggle policy meaning that they will not discuss price with you. They believe and want you to pay what they say. Haverty's may tell you that their product is a Haverty's brand also. All of this is bull. Haverty's makes none of their product. You can buy 80%-90% of their product from another company at 1/2 the price of Haverty's. Just ask who makes the item and shop around. If they say that it is a Haverty's brand, laugh and walk away. They want you to believe this junk.
I should know, I worked for Havertys for over two years. I know all there is to know about this company.
More Haverty's Complaints & Reviews
- Havertys Furniture - Their high prices from an employee's point of view 
- Havertys Furniture - High Prices 
- Havertys Furniture - Racism 
- Havertys Furniture - Ridiculous company 
- Havertys Furniture - Hidden delivery fees 17% of purchase price 
- Haverty Furniture Companies - leather castleton sofa and loveseat
- Haverty Furniture Companies - gay bashing
- Haverty Furniture Companies - recliners
- Havertys Furniture Companies - sofa bed
- Haverty Furniture Companies - Worst experience ever!