Haulmark trucking / in correct dac reporting

1 7171 hwy 6 nHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-345-6309

On 5/11/09 i was released from haulmark trucking.for not reporting a accident. But actully it incedent and not a accident.I called haulmark on the day of question and reported the incedent as soon as i was aware of the damage. the damage happened som time between 5/10-5/11/09. i was in galveston, tx loadeding.i was dark when i got loaded.So the next morning after doing my pre-trip i noticed the damage and then reported it to the saftey director steve Mc Gee and a couple of minutes later i then called my dispather lisa amnee and let her know to put it in the system and to make sure therte was a record of what happened on that day. The company also recored 3 conversation on that date regarding the incedent.

Comments

• Fo
      19th of Jul, 2010

Run as fast as you can from this company! I worked in one of their department and it was awful! Everyday was stressful, I was almost to the point of crying at one point. They don't train their new employee (they said they would), they just hand you a pile of work and expect you to know the ins and outs of their procedures. I worked my [censor] off while i was there (came in early, left late) and didn't get pay for half of it. They are a bunch of crooks! They cheat their employees, especially their drivers and anyone they come across. Be wary if they have any jobs opening, especially in the non driver positions. The lady that runs one of the department (Cheryl??) is a pain in the [censor]! She doesn't do anything except texting on her phone and going to use the restroom. She "earned" it because she is a family friend and the right hand man (woman) of the owner and she is constantly in his ear. If she doesn't like you than you're not gonna last long there. I heard in the past 6 months, they hired 5 people for my position, all of them quit or was fired within a month. The turnover is incredible due to Cheryl's incompetence. She will get mad at you for asking question, talk down towards you. If you ask anyone else a question she will get mad at that too and wonders why you didn't ask her. She thinks nobody else knows anything and she knows it all. Also they don't hire minorities, they violate the EOE likes there's no tomorrow. I notice only one minority in the building I worked in and that employee also claims they don't hire minority. Take my posting of Haulmark Trucking as you like since this is my opinion but I do have personal experience with them.

• Iw
      27th of Oct, 2010
    Haulmark trucking - liars and thevies
    haulmark trucking
    Houston
    Texas

the worst company to work for from a drivers prospective. i 'll make this short...steal your hard earn money, any way they can get it

• Tr
      6th of May, 2011

Seems OK to me. No problem with dispatch or accounting.

• Mi
      13th of Jun, 2012

These people are crazy!!! I'm very happy with Haulmark!

• Mi
      13th of Jun, 2012

If you can't drive a truck, STAY OFF THE ROAD. If fools that hit other trucks, that give us all drivers a bad name

• Tr
      27th of Sep, 2012

I'm sorry you were unhappy here at Haulmark. The trucking industry is not for everyone and it takes a certain skill set to enjoy this line of work. I have been here for almost 15 years and to my knowledge Haulmark has never cheated any employee. Almost half of the non-driving staff are in the minority catagory. There are also several major vendors who fall into the minority catagory as well. Haulmark's turnover rate is extremely low. I don't know of any time have we ever hired 5 people for an open position. I am very happy to say that I feel that we have an extremely competent and friendly staff. It's unfortunate that you had a negative experience and wish you well in your future job.

• Hi
      12th of Nov, 2012

Im an owner operator an i worked there for almost a year an had no problems.they ran me when an where an how i wanted.made good money it was always paid on time.i left thinking i had found something better...not..so now im going back to haulmark...like i said im an owner operator.an u should know if i wernt making money there i sure wouldnt b going back there...but i guess if ur use to being a company driver for a 63-65 mph trucking company ur right u would not like this company.company trucks here r not turned down..most of us run around 4000 miles a week legally.so if ur use to sitting alot an thats what u want dont come here if u like an wanna run an make good money come lets roll...

• Al
      25th of May, 2016

we have PU for 8PM i receive the call from the driver 8AM next morning they said the load still not ready..so we call all the receivers to find out till what time they open..receiver closed at 3pm on friday and not open on SAT, SUN so we would have to deliver on MONDAY ONLY. We tell broker that this load is cancelbecause the product is not ready they said you have to stay there. Load was paying 500$, our expenses per day with Ryder truck and leased Reefe 190 per day plus we have to pay the driver 150 layover for each day..broker call shipper and told them to put one pallet so we couldn't leave the facility and tell us if we leave gonna have claim. so we have no other choice that call police to get our driver and trailer out there. when police come our driver explain the situation .police officer told them: this is was not legal to do so and you have 10 min to bring trailer that belong to BKNY Transport without any of your product inside...in 10 min we got our trailer back