Hathway - Bangalore / Broadband connectivity problems!

I stay in HSR Layout Sector 1. I have been using Hathway Internet connection for a few months now. Recently (around 19th April 07) my internet connection stopped working and I came to see the worst face of a service provider. Please read below :

1) The so called service line is always busy or disconnected.

2) After a few days I could get to their operator who said the connection would be restored in 2 days.

3) Even after 25th Apr the internet was not working.

4) On 1st May I logged another complaint. I was told there was NO record of my previous complaint! Airtel is better in this regard.

5) On 2nd May I got a call saying they would take another 2 days to restore the service and when I asked for written answer they rejected it!

I suggest people avoid Hathway.

A  11th of May, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree with the complaint. I am also fed up with Hathway. Please find below, the complaint which i am intending to submit in writing and through email to Hathway. I asked executives at hathways for the email id's of their senior officials, so the same can be sent to them. But they were reluctant to give the same.

This is to bring to your notice of the horrible and hopeless service that Hathway Internet is offering to me as a customer.

I have been a customer of Hathway for almost 6-7 months now, in the HSR area. The plans of Hathway that I have used so far are:

• 512 Speedway Quarterly
• 512 Blast Quarterly
• 256 Liteway New Quarterly

My experience overall with Hathway can be described in one word. HORRIBLE…

Before using Hathway I have used Airtel and Sify in addition to a local cable operator’s internet connection in Maruti Nagar, Madiwala.

Hathway’s service, right from day one has been poor. The following gives in a nutshell, my experience with Hathway.

• While using the 512 Speedway quarterly, I did not face too many issues. However, the speed was never even close to the 512 kbps claimed by Hathway.
• While using the 512 Blastway Quarterly, I started to face many issues with the Hathway internet connection.
• I had contacted the customer care for speed and network related issues many times while I was using this package. The response from their side was cold and unfriendly. The committed resolution times were never met.
• In addition to any mails sent by me to Hathway, on April 25th I had sent a mail to bangalorehelpdesk@hathway.net . Till date I have not received a reply from Hathway
• I have also sent a mail on 7th of March, for which also I never got any response.
• I have sent another mail to the bangalorehelpdesk@hathway.net on the March 9th. I haven’t received any replies so far.
• Numerous calls were also made to the help desk to have the issues resolved. Some of the compliant numbers given to me were - CO22031001, CO22031515, co 18041001, CO10051478.
• The response in all the occasions was horrible.
• It looks like the Hathway customer care expects the customers to be always available for the convenience of the Hathway staff. The calls from 080-40161616 calls in the middle of the day asking if the internet connection is file. Invariable the customer would not be in his residence and may be in his place of work. When the same was informed, on numerous occasions I was told that I will get a call back after 8.30 PM for the issue resolution which I have never received.
• In addition to this, Hathway disconnects the connection for maintenance or other issues without informing the customers of the same.
• Recently, when my plan was changed to the last one mentioned in the list above, I was not even informed about the change in my ip address. The plan change happened around 10 days back and till date I have not received the changed IP. I had to call the customer care for the same.

When asked for the superiors email id’s for escalation and prompt response (as the response from Bangalore helpdesk was pathetic) the customer care agents never obliged.

Please have someone look into this issue and ensure that I am provided with what I pay for, rather than being cheated and getting a low quality, below par product and service.

Hope at least this mail would be addressed and the issues resolved.

PS: Please find pasted below some of the amazing speeds I have received while using the Hathway internet connection.

All the above speeds were received with the internet packages which were supposed to give me 512 kbps.

The screenshot above shows that I was not sent any mails on the last plan change of mine, which in my opinion is nothing but a case very close to cheating.
A  17th of Jul, 2007 by
Hathway Sucks big time... I have 256 Kbps connection and speed is not better than dial-up connection... They call it "broadband"!!!

Is there any ISP other than HATHWAY in HSR ??
N  18th of Jul, 2007 by
Speed is very very low... Very pathetic to use...
A  15th of Oct, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am totally agree to you guys. I have also faced same problem and my connection is not working from last 30 days. Customer care is totally crap. I am planning to go consumer court. What do you guys say?
A  25th of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree with you guys.. I thought I was the one facing similar issues... Hathaway internet is synonymous with shear hopelessness... They don't know works like customer focus, concern for customer money and inconvenience. I feel they on the verge of becoming history. Someone has to teach these guys a lesson.
A  27th of Jul, 2008 by
I am facing the same problem too. These days even cables running under the sea are repired within half a day but these hathway scientists and research scholars are working days and nights to rectify a single cable fault.
A  18th of Oct, 2008 by
As mentioned in the connection plan of Hathway... of recieving 256 Kbps.. you alll will be amazed to read that I am recieving only 12 Kbps...
Isn't that a great promise of the company.
A  25th of Nov, 2008 by
The speed from Hathway is really horrible. Most of the times, the internet doesnt even work.
Every week, atleast 2 complaints I register with Hathway. Almost all time, the issues have been resolved within 1 or 2 dyas. If the internet is not working, I suggest you all to give a complaint, take a complaint number & escalate to the nodal officers. Atleast some hope you will have doing this.
A  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Now they have suddenly incaresed the Tariff rates without even communication this to me! I am being a postpaid customer have no choice but to pay the amount. Man, In India consumers are made fools by each every service providers. I have told them to disconnect my connection immediately. This is very bad!
A  23rd of Jun, 2010 by
It is true, they are not even ready to learn from past, it works like a charity organization. anyway it is closing time for all cable operators. let their staff use personally.
D  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
horrible, no one doing good job. (leave that better best one), very poor call attenders.

"oh my god hell"

sorry but this is truth, am unsatisfied customer.

i hope Warren Buffet will suffer with INDIA HATHWAY and with its wokers.

guys wake-up and do the job.
D  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
uff uff am fed up
N  9th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
my connection is very low and the download speed is also very low im fed up of it actually hathway sucks it is very low my speed is 256 kbps/sec guess what its only 4to5 kbps of speed as you can the photo i uploaded
N  17th of Mar, 2011 by
I am using 42 online internet serves after 2 month. but i am not satisfied download speed (below 20 KB/sec).
I wont at list 40KB/sec download speed. so pleas you attend my complete & give positive action. my mo. no.is8097358673(tushar pachkar). email add :- [email]tusharpachkar5@gmail.com[/email].
D  17th of Mar, 2011 by
I am using24 online internet serves after 2 month. but i am not satisfied download speed (below 20 KB/sec).
3(tushar pachkar). email add :- [email]tusharpachkar5@gmail.com[/email].
N  12th of May, 2012 by
my connection is very slow and I calling to Complian at hathway care so many time I talk with them i wanna cancle but They asking me ok ok i ll check and i ll call back u after 2 hour im waiting along time what should i do I using 1 mbph and i check speedtest they show me only 289 u network has so many promblem and no one come to help us

Hathway Logo Hathway