Hastings / forwarding debit cared # unauthorized

1 Nacogodches, United States Review updated:

BEWARE!!! HASTINGS IN NACOGDOCHES FORWARDED MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER AFTER I MADE A PURCHASE IN JAN TO A MAGAZINE COMPANY, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! THE UNTRAINED STAFF AT HASTINGS TELL YOU YOU QUILIFY FOR 3 MAGAZINES, FOR 3 MONTHS FREE. WE ALL KNOW THERE IS A CATCH RIGHT? I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE CASHIER NO, I'M NOT PAYING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, AND I DON'T WANT TO HASSLE CALLING TO CANCEL ANYTHING. SHE SAID AND I QUOTE" NO THEY WILL STOP SENDING THE MAGAZINES AFTER 3 MONTHS, YOU DONT HAVE TO CANCEL ANYTHING". I CHECKED MY ACCOUNT AS I ALWAYS DO, AND $148.00 HAD BEEN DRAFTED FROM MY ACCOUNT, WHICH SENT IT IN TO OVERDRAFT OF $144.00 TOTALING $292.00! HASTINGS RESPONSE...WHEN I SIGNED FOR MY PURCHASE OF $12.50 FOR A CD THAT DAY, SOMEHOW I AGREED THAT THEY COULD FORWARD MY DEBIT CARD TO THIS MAGAZINE COMPANY TO DRAFT MY ACCOUNT. THEY STATED THEY HAD RECIEVED SEVERAL COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS BUT THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? THE MAGAZINE RETURNED THE $148.00 FOR THE MAGAZINES, BUT WANT MY BANK STATEMENT FOR THE OVERDRAFT FEES. THEY SAID THAT WAS COMPANY POLICY, AND ASK WAS IT COMPANY POLICY TO DRAFT CONSUMERS ACCOUNTS WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION? THE BANK FAXED THIS PLACE A EXPLAINATION OF MY ACCOUNT AND THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! IS'NT THIS ILLEGAL? I HAVE CALLED AND SPOKE TO EVERY REPRESENTATIVE OF HASTINGS AND TWX-MAGAZINES AND NEITHER WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. WHAT SHORT OF AN ATTORNEY CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND BE BE COMPENSATED BY HASTINGS AS WELL?
PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT [protected]@myway.com IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Sa