Harvey Norman Paraparaumuwarranty problem

I purchased a new xbox one x from the Porirua branch (Service here was good). They didnt have stock at the time, but I was able to collect one from the Paraparaumu branch (work out great as they are closer to me in any case). It was the last one they had in stock, but when I got there the seal on the box was broken. The guy assured me it was brand new. I opened everything at home and yes, it indeed seemed like it was new. I did however seem to have some overheating problems from day one. as soon as the unit updates something and I am busy playing a game it would start to overheat and switch off within and hour. I cant seem to play pubg for longer than an hour as well without this happening even when nothing is being installed in the back ground. I have moved my games to an external SSD in the hopes this would help and it didn't, so decided to take the unit in for repair or replace. I first went in to the Paraparaumu branch to ask a reprint of my receipt where the lady told me, sorry they cant help and I have to call the branch i purchased from myself (this was unhelpful as the Porirua branch said they could easily have called themselves to get it for me if they really wanted) I then took the unit in to there service department in the Paraparaumu branch only to find out that the warranty on the product comes with some ridiculous limitations. I had to book the unit in so that the tech can test it (this I was fine with) and was told that if its faulty (which it is) they will have to send it to microsoft in Australia so that they can fix or offer me a replacement. I thought this was ridiculous as if their technician found it to be faulty, then they could sort out the replacement themselves. I asked how long this would take and he said he doesn't know as its Australia and might be a while. he didnt even answer me when I asked "well, would it be a couple of days, a couple of weeks or a couple of months". i took this in to get sorted as I am going on leave soon and want to use the machine, but with the unhelpful answers from the technician it seems like I will be waiting a long time to get it back. They blame the supplier, but i am sure a large company like harvey norman could negotiate better warranty terms and no where in xbox's warranty did it state that you might be without the unit for weeks or months if you have a problem with it.

• Updated by Slow Slinger, Dec 08, 2018

Just thought I would mention that the overheating only happened once or twice a week during winter, but now that we were getting into summer it happened pretty much every warm night. I also googled ti see how and were to place the unit to help prevent this, but nothing worked.

Sl