Harvey Normanonline process and admin

I Purchased online a doona. on 15/06/2016. Order Number [protected]. I received confirmation email saying I could track the product online by opening an "account" 1. I would have preferred to pick up the product at the CBD shop in Melbourne than have it delivered. In the drop down menu it gave many choices of shoos but all omitted the CBD Melbourne . CBD Melbourne can also be known as QV Melbourne. None or anything like that was listed in the drop down menu. Hence I had no option other than to pay the home delivery fee of $25 and arrange to be home to sign for it. 2. I opened an account and tried to track the order on line. I have tried many times the last just now and each time it says I have " no orders". I have sent many emails to the online email address given and all have been ignored, though once I received another copy of the order, being an irrelevant response. All matters have been ignored.

Harvey Norman has caused me to incur much administration that should not have been necessary if there online ordering system had correct information. This System has also caused me to incur a delivery fee that would not have been necessary id the correct information was available in the drop down menu. Inconvenience has been caused by not being able to pick up the item and further inconvenience and costs may be caused as a result if mot being able to track the item amc so be availavle to take delivery - I have asked for it be left at the door but the online imfo says a signature is required.

I believe Harvey Norman should respond by email.

Ha
Jun 19, 2016

Comments

•   Jun 20, 2016

Hi, very sorry to hear about your ordering experience this time around. Unfortunately, stock for the product is not available at our QV store as they only stock our Computers & Electrical range, hence the lack of pick up being available as an option. Please reply back to our PM with the case number from the emails you sent, so we can look into why those have not yet been addressed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and apologies again for the inconvenience caused.
    Kind regards,
    Karl - HN Customer Service Team

Jun 20, 2016

There are a myriad of emails with HN online . I was never given a complaints number. I know of no way the emails from my yahoo email can be transferred on to here. Id there is pkease tell me what to do. Slternatively please give me an email address I can send them to. The current situation is that what I have veen through with them and their dismissive attitude, despite all my issues I raised have proved to be vindicated, it woild be unconscionable to give gusiness to this company. i now understand HN online is a separate franchise. I have spent several thousand dollars with Pt, Macquarie HN. HN online states in email they will refund money and I shoikd reject delivery. MY VONCERN AND BIG WORRY NOW IS THAT THIS IS A CON BECAUSE THEY HAVE SHOWED SUCH BLATANT DISRESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER AND THE REFUND WILL NOT BE PROCESSED OR ONLY PART OF THE AMOUNT DEBITD WILL BE REFUNDED. pLease help me get the recods to you. my no. is [protected]

Jun 21, 2016

pardon typos above. Now seeing on computer. It was done on ipad with only small print in the field allowed. Karl, as stated in first line above" I was never given a complaints number" hence not sure what you mean by asking again for it???? I understand your information re QV not being available for pickup hence it follows that that information should have been on the website in the same way as some of the other stores that showed in the drop down menu also showed 'not available for pickup. It would be easy to rectify this. Do HN intend to rectify it???? You also haven't addressed why I have had to go to such lenths to get this information and why it was not responded to in the email I requested it. ?? You have not addressed the rectification aspect of the problem. I have received an email from peter Macheloupolos telling me the franchisee on online HN wants to speak with me. I replied with request for information to establish this huge change of position as I could not get through to him before. The info asked for was his name; if this change had bee brought about by contact with complaints board or contact from complaints section HN. Adam Ma replied with his name saying he wanted to discuss my 'feedback' but ignored the requests for other information. After further pursuits he replied giving the information. So the current situation is Adam Ma sees fit to answer a complaint about dismissive conduct ignoring issues and requests for information with further dismissive conduct still ignoring requests for information, whilst at the same time minimising the COMPLAINT by calling it feedback. It is now self evident that the culture of dishonesty, particularly dishonesty and coverup by dismissiveness and ignoring what is put to them at HN online is systemic and pathological. Adam Ma has proved to be incapable of any other conduct by continuing to use these tactics.
    Below is a comprehensive outline of maters to date copied from an email to HN online.

Placed order

System not showing any existence of Melbourne CBD QV shop - for pick up. Not that pick up was not available - no even existence or any reference to that HN shop

Received confirmation of order

Opened account as instructed in order to track item as instructed in confirmation email

Account stating no orders but amount had been debited

Advised HN by legitimate email - no response

Account continued to show no orders hence no tracking ability for themorder that did actually exist

Again and again emailed HN to legitimate email address - all ignored

Received presumably some response with an irrelevant repeat of the order and failing to address or even mention any of the issues raised. This email was from a non- legitimate address (outgoing stated in fine print)

I replied to the non-legitimate email address a number of times in the reasonable presumption that the HN email address had not changed.

The response from the legitimate and non- legitimate email address has been the same ie none.

The staff manning the legitimate chose to be disrespectful of my business by dismissing by notice that the account system was not working and the other matters raised - repeatedly dismissive by mot replying.

Left no alternative with account still not working I phone HN online.

The staff member NS appeared to have the attitude that what I had been through to try to track my order to enable to take delivery was acceptable and was of no, real concern to him/HN. An attitude that can do nothing but add to the frustration and given the history of dismissiveness, it was understandably incendiary. I said something to the effect that it was becoming unconscionable for a customer to give their business to a company who had the attitude of considering it was acceptable to treat them they way I had been treated. He agreed to a refund but still with the attitude that I should stand the cost and frustration, insults of dismissiveness and loss of time of the unsatisfactory transaction. He refused to escalate the matter, though eventually I managed to get that to happen.

Emails fwded to you

Without explanation I again received emails that on the face of it were irrelevant and annoying.

Explanation given after requested that the confirm email and the spam email were not as they seemed but were part of the method of fixing the problems with the account. Just imagined how I felt about being spammed in the middle of this.

Request for you to pass on to the franchisee the problems caused by changing the email address part way through the thread to a non-legitimate one with only the word "outgoing" in the fine and grey print with a request from me that the words "no reply " in clear black print.

I understand your explanation that the online shop is a franchise in the same way each store is a franchise. Notwithstanding that, the HN presents to the consumer as being simply HN. The website for online shopping claims to have pick ip facility at HN shops and to all intents and purposes is Harvey Norman.

I await your response as to the position of H N regarding my experience. Obviously your response is relevant to my decision as to whether or not I accept the existing offer of a refund. SomI suggest you put the delivery on hold until a resolution is achieved.

I also await hour confirmation that the "no reply" issue has been forwarded to the franchisee. As pointed out in our conversation rectifying this problem could have save at least some of the angst whilst at the same time no in any way detracting from your sales capacity.

Given the attitude of Adam Ma, as detailed above, still ignoring requests to establish his bonefides and my having to pursue him there is no point in "discussing the matter further' with him. It poses the obvious questions :Why would I want to subject myself to more of the same?? What more could I had to the information I have already given him??? If he has any genuine queries he should/would have ask them my email.

I have been offered a refund but again not in a straight forward manner. Peter claimed I had to wait until the goods got back to them. THat is most unacceptable. They have not been delivered. I am no longer willing to do business with the calibre of HN online so I will not be accepting any deliver that might eventually happen. The good - 1 item - is not responsibility in anyway and hence when it gets back to the online section is irrelevant to the refund. an IMMEDIATE REFUND OF THE FULL AMOUNT DEBETITED (no tricks NO DEDUCTION OF DELIVERY CHARGESSHOLD BE PROCESSED. 1. may I HAVE CONFIRMATION THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN WITH 24 HOURS. 2. Once you have investigated that matter with regard to the information I have supplied above I would like to know that position of Harvey Norman as to how I have been treated and the process of the online experience. If HN see fit to compensate me for what I have endured at the hands of the Online staff I will accept an open ended - no time limit- voucher redeemable at any Harvey Norman Shop. I would also like to know if the problems - yes problems, not concerns, with the online shop staff have been rectified in order to prevent other people from having the same horrible experience I have.

Below I will tell you of my last complaint. You will see I complained about misleading conduct. I bought a frig around $2, 500. The advertisement said free delivery and installation. When the frig arrived the delivery men said they knew nothing about installation and they didn't do it and anyway it didn't matter because friges did not need installation - just turn them on. Clearly the frig DID need installation. It was unstable and rolling forward. A few days later I happened have a tradesman on the premises. He read the installation instructions to know what was required. As I had put goods in the frig it was too heavy to do what was required when installation should have been done on arrival with empty frig. It needed 2 men and some time to do it. As a result of the complaints Board Scott Nicholls from HN port Macquarie contacted me in a businesslike and genuine manner. He explained the ad was for HN nationally and more particularly applied to capital city where HN had their own delivery staff who did the installations. In a regional HN had to hire furniture removalists to do the deliveries and they would not do the installations. Scott was obviously genuinely concerned and offered me $50 which covered the extra work charged by my tradesman. I went on to form a happy working relationship with scott and have bought in total about $6, 000 worth of electrical goods and accessories and aftercare from him. By handling the complaint in a honest upfront manner My loyalty to HN Port Macquarie and Scott is such that some items I have bought I could have just as easily bought on line at the same price from many other companies but instead I have gone out to HN port Macquarie to give Scott the deal. I have quoted this story in the hope you could make Adam Ma see how a problem can be fixed with both parties have good relationships and HN getting recurring business and word of mouth - more important in Pt Macquarie than Melbourne - instead of the dishonest, disrespectful, dismissive manner Adam Ma, s HN online operates. Dishonesty and coverups by the dismissiveness Adam Ma and his staff use is about the most insulting and insidious and damaging form of dishonesty used in business today.
    I feel very sorry for good people like Scott Nicholsof Pt. Mac HN because after experiencing the HN ONline staff, franchisee and methods used a very bad taste is left for all of HN.

Maybe this complaint could lead to an overhaul of HN online!!! Maybe there are franchise issues for Adam Ma to answer. Maybe Gerry should be told about it!!!

I await your response and thank you if you can deal with this matter in a straight forward manner.

Jun 21, 2016

Re the emails for evidence. Obviously HN online cannot be trusted to pass them on to you in an honest manner. The only way I can get them to you is if I have an email address to fwd them to which I am happy to do. I await your advice

Jun 22, 2016

I provided a lengthy update this afternoon but it appears to have disappeared. So I will repeat. Please refer to my first line above "I was never given a complaints number' so I am at a loss what you mean when you still ask for one. I will put in caps specific action required as this system does not allow for bold type. PLEASE CLARIFY . I take your explanation for the HN QV shop but the realiIty remains that other shops were listed on the drop down menu with clear markings in red when pick-up was unavailable. WHY COULD THIS NOT APPLY TO QV AS WELL - OR ANOTHER RELEVANT NOTATION THAT IT IS ELECTRICAL ONLY?? and why did HN ONLINE INGORE MY EMAILS seeking this clarity. what is HN management position on HN ONLINE Refusing to reply with this information. Below I have copied from an email sent to HN online giving a comprehensive version saying the same thing of the many emails that preceded it.

Placed order

System not showing any existence of Melbourne CBD QV shop - for pick up. Not that pick up was mot available - no even existence or any reference to that HN shop

Received confirmation of order

Account stating no orders but amount had been debited

Advised HN by legitimate email - no response

Account continued to show no orders hence no tracking ability for the order that did actually exist

Again and again emailed HN to legitimate email address - all ignored

Received presumably some response with an irrelevant repeat of the order and failing to address or even mention any of the issues raised. I was later to learn in telecom with HN online staff that This email was from a non- legitimate address (outgoing stated in fine print)

I could not be expected to know that it came from any different source from the email of HN already in the thread. HN gave no disclosure that the email address had changed.

Left no alternative with account still not working I phone HN online.

Emails fwded to you

Without the courtesy of an explanation I again received emails that on the face of it were irrelevant and annoying, including spam

I await your response as to the position of H N regarding my experience. Obviously your response is relevant to my decision as to whether or not I accept the existing offer of a refund. So I suggest you put the delivery on hold until a resolution is achieved.

I also await your confirmation that the "no reply" issue has been forwarded to the franchisee. As pointed out in our conversation rectifying this problem could have save at least some of the angst whilst at the same time no in any way detracting from your sales capacity.

I then received an email from Peter M:
    "We appreciate all your feedback and the Online franchisee would like to call you and discuss.
    Can you please provide a contact number so he can call you back?"

I had been treated with contempt repeatedly, he had refused to put me through to the franchisee and suddenly the above It should be noted that the 'complaint' was minimised to ridiculously being called 'feedback'. I replied with: "
    Well this is a complete about turn and huge change in attitude.

I am with good cause enormously suspicious of this change,

Please firstly provide the following information honestly. IT WILL BE interesting to see if you treat this email with the usual dismissiveness. I Will numbering for your ease in reply.

1. The name of the franchisee

2. Has he or she had any contact relating to this matter with the Complaints Board.

3. Similarly has there been any contact from the Harvey Norman complaints department or any other section or management of HNorman

4. If no to the above please explain why the disrespectful dismissive attitude and the desire to ignore all problems has changed.

As you should appreciate I need the above information to ensure I am mot wasting my time with any further repetition of what I have been subjected to so far.

Then received the following from Adam Ma again CLEARLY IGNORING MATTERS PUT TO HIM ANAD REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION: "I have been provided your details from Peter in regards to the below matter. My name is Adam and I'm keen to discuss this with you further as I'm the Franchisee of the online business and respect your feedback and would like to discuss this matter in more detail.

Would you mind calling me on [protected] so I can discuss this with you further?

The obvious question is given the laborious detail I had supplied what more detail could he require and if he did why did he not have enough respect for pose his queries in an email.

I pursued him for the information he had ignored and he replied with a 'yes' to # 2 and 3.

So the situation is that after being asked by HN and the Complaints Board to respond to the complaint about dismissive conduct dishonesty and coverup conduct by ignoring requests for legitimate information Adam Ma responds with further of the same dismissive conduct and ignoring emails. HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY BE HELPFUL ????????
    I think all humans understand that one of the most insulting forms of dishonestly doing business is to treat customers with the contempt of dismissiveness and ignoring all legitimate requests for information reordering and tracking the product.

During the nightmare of dealing with HN online I was offered a refund but told it would I would have to wait until the goods were return to them and 'confirmed'. The goods (1 doona) has never been delivered and if ever it is delivered I will not be taking delivery of it. I have no responsibility for the goods ' to be confirmed' or returned to HN online. IS THERE ANY GENUINE REASON WHY I CANNOT GET A REFUND IMMEDIATELY. a refund of the FULL AMOUNT that has been debited. I am very suspicious of the tricks people of this calibre are capable and worried that they will deduct something off the amount for some illegal or imaginary reason.

dEALING WITH Harvey Norman ONLINE HAS been a soul destroying experience. Adam Ma's attitude is the final straw. I can only assume it was engineer to be incendiary as I had been claiming an financial acknowledgement of the stress, inconvenience and administration they had caused me to occur. I expect he wanted to achieve precisely what he has achieved - I just want a full refund to disentangle myself from HN online forever and I will forgo claims for compensation just to get away from them. Meanwhile if HN management wish to give me an opened voucher to be used at any Harvey norman shop I will accept that.

YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN AN EXAMPLE OF HOW BUSINESS SHOULD BE DONE COMPARED TO THE WAY aDAM mA HN online treat people. I complained about misleading and conduct in an advertisement that Harvey Norman offered free delivery and installation at that time. I bought a $2, 500 frig from Port Macquarie HN and the delivery men said they knew nothing about the installation and couldn't do it. After the complaint Scott Nichols, manager POrt Macquarie contacted me. He explained how and why it was impossible for regional towns to carry out the statements in the ad. He explained that in capital cities HN employed deliver/installation people and in regional towns they had to hire furniture removalists. He offered me $50 towards getting someone to install it. He appeared to be genuinely concerned. I went on to establish a pleasant business relationship with Scott and bought a few thousand dollars more of goods from him. I also take the opportunity to recommend other to him.

It is the Adam Ma's of the franchisees that make things difficult for the good people like Scott Nichols of Harvey NOrman Port Macquarie because no matter how honest and decent they are dealing with HN online leaves such a putrid taste it affects the whole chain.

I await your response on ALL OF THE ABOVE AND NEED TO ARRANGE THE REFUND FORTHWITH. I AM ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN THE POSITION HARVEY NORMAN HAS ON THE CONDUCT OF THE EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD WITH ONLINE SHOP AND STAFF AND MANAGEMENT. I ask that these matters be escalated to senior management, though the refund already offered should be processed forthwith.