Harvey Norman / lie to facilitate agreement

1 Australia Review updated:

Dear Complaints Board,
Is there an email address to contact the Harvey Norman head franchise office about a customer complaint? I have the following complaint regarding service from the Southlands - Kalgoorlie, Western Australia store.

I purchased a Panasonic 42inch Plasma Television from Harvey Norman on Saturday 15th of July. I was required to take the invoice to the warehouse at the rear of the store where the Storemen gave me the Television and accessories boxes. I travelled home then assembled and set-up the Television in my house. Just as I had finished two Harvey Norman Storemen arrived at my doorstep and told me that they had given me the wrong Television unit. They told me that the unit I was given was an older version of the same Television and they had bought around a newer version for me. They dismantled the Television I had purchased and then I had to assemble and set up the television they had bought to my house.

I have subsequently found out that they actually had given me a newer version of the television with HDTV and not an older version. So they lied to me, maybe to facilitate my agreement to give them back the television I had purchased. I can see why the Storemen were so eager to take the Television I had been originally given.

I was going to purchase a HDTV converter and new gas stove with hotplates from Harvey Norman next month but they have lost my business due to this situation with my Television purchase.

• Troubledstaff's Response, Apr 21, 2018

Mcgraths Hill NSW 2763

• JohnBeer's Response, Jun 14, 2018

already done

Harvey Norman robbing thieving [censored] do not give cash back

• Bubbles1234's Response, Oct 28, 2018

I have taken the phone to the shop an they can't find a fault and I would like to get a refund for the phone today or I will be going higher

Da
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Bu
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Harvey Norman - A mobile phone
    Orange
    Australia

The phone is only a week old and I have taken the phone to the shop 2 times already and they reckon that they can't find a fault so I would like a refund today and also they found stuff in the mic part

• Ka
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Harvey Norman - Tech2home premium service
    South nowra
    Australia

We brought a hb computer, the salesman said we needed a premium home care service to be able to use our computer, so we brought it and realised we didnt need the service tried taking it back but they would only give us a refund of $50 for it, after we had paid $200. I thought id seek help here before contacting fair trading

• Pe
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Harvey Norman - Marketing
    Australia

You have got to be kidding, who do you pay to supply the most stupid adds. You've gone from the annoying beeps, to the incredibly ridicules Stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, stamp, crap,
    NO WAY WILL THIS GET ME iNTO ANY OF YOUR STORES

• La
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Harvey Norman - Customer service
    Bairnsdale
    Victoria
    harveynorman.com.au

Went to Harvey Norman's Electric department in Bairnsdale, saw Salesman I liked dealing with and waited for him to finish up his current customer. Another salesman named Gary came up to me and asked if he could help me, I politely declined. Gary I turn became rude, grunting at me and walking away muttering to himself. He won't serve me at all now

• Tr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Harvey Norman - Bad customer service

15th of Aug, 2018
    Harvey Norman - cash back
    Castle Hill

20180613 Thursday John bought $44.00 Norton with $20 cash back

John did not receive the $20 cash back

Endeavours this morning to get it resulted in Harvey Norman disconnecting phone call 3 times

Harvey Norman obviously do not want to give the $20 cash back

Robbing thieving [censored] who do not honour promise of $20 cash back

• Ly
      15th of Nov, 2017

I have made a complaint which was apparently referred to Lithgow store for resolution. This has been ignored.

So I am not impressed at all with customer service and have no alternative than to go to the Consumer Affairs Tribunal.

• Li
      21st of Apr, 2017

Don't buy from Harvey Norman they do not stand by their warranty, we purchase 13000.00 worth of stuff off Harvey Norman one tap worth approx $90 had a split down the bottom of the spout after two years, it has a 10 year warranty. When we went onto their site a chat line came up we explained what had happened, the chat person told us to take the tap back for a replacement. Today we did this, no replacement offered we were told to take the tap home reinstall it so an experienced technician could come and determine if it was faulty. I told him to look at the tap, can you see the slit he says he's not qualified to see the split??? Me think he's not qualified to work at Harvey Norman. He was the store Manager?????? I think HN has hit the bottom with this manager this was the Maroochydore superstore.. Don't buy anything off them same deal with a computer we purchased off them, honestly I will never deal with them again. At least at other places if something goes wrong they will replace like for like...

• De
      12th of May, 2017

@Linda Edridge Hi Linda, apologies we didn't see this sooner. Sending you a PM now to get more details so we can follow up further for you. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
    Kind regards,
    Karl - HN Customer Service Team

• Le
      28th of Nov, 2016

Hello, on sunday 27-11-2016 I rang Launceston store about a flavour stone fry pan I bought about 6 years ago, it had a 10 year gaurantee, , asked if I had a receipt, I said I did'nt, I was told I need a receipt for a refund or replacement, then I was told to come into the store to decide what could be done, , when I arrived at the store after driving from Kings Meadows on my day off and waiting for a considerable amount of time was confronted by the stores manager and was told without looking a the fry pan that I was not entitled to a refund, that's when I saw red after he told me to come into the store to see what could be done, this experience cost me my time and expense going into the store when it could have been delt with over the phone, i am very angry over the arrogance displayed by your staff, I'm not after any replacement or refund for the fry pan just compensation for my time and expence lost in this fiasco, a response would be appreciated asap, ,
    KIND REGARDS
    LEWIS BORG

• Ge
      22nd of Nov, 2016

I don't want to go into too much detail, partly because I have enough and I am totally wound up by Harvey Norman. My problem is Harvey Norman Renovations. I just want to say to anyone thinking of using them to stay far away. my whole experience with them has been an absolute disgrace. Harvey likes to say cheap cheap cheap. Well it definitely is. An absolute expensive disaster. They con you into paying the whole amount, which I have and I still don't have a toilet, shower or vanity.

• Je
      23rd of Sep, 2016

My children required CA FL-141 last month and used a document management site with lots of form templates . If others are searching for CA FL-141 too, here's https://goo.gl/GUHDh7

ARVEY NORMAN AEON BUKIT TINGGI - Undelivered washing machine
    HARVEY NORMAN AEON BUKIT TINGGI
    Malaysia

I bought a washing machine on 13th May 2012 and should have been delivered within a month. However, till today (1st Oct'12) I haven't receive my machine.

• Tj
    Harvey Norman Nowra Office - Faulty Item and Bad Service
    Harvey Norman Nowra Office
    Nowra
    Australia

purchased a Fuji camera as a xmas gift for daughter. The camera was supposed to be shock proof, water proof ect. Daughter used it once and discovered that it was faulty and not working. Returned to Harvey Norman and was served by the most condescending rude staff imaginable and told that the camera would be sent for repairs.
    I explained that I did not want a repaired camera but a perfect new one.
    We went on to have un returned phone calls, staff telling me to have a drink of water in a quiet place, and so forth. I have never encountered anything like it. Phoned dept of fair trading and was advised I am perfectly in my rights to get a replacement New camera or a refund, yet I am still waiting for Harvey Norman staff to ring me as they literally wont really discuss it. Oh and at no time did I raise my voice or have an abusive manner - but I am starting to think I should !!!

• Pk
    Harvey Norman - Lounge
    Janda
    Australia

Back in December 2006 we bought a Janda Maddison Lounge Suite from Harvey Norman for well over $5000 and we have had nothing but trouble with the lounge. It has had 5 repairs mainly with the structure breaking 3 times, lounges sagging, and we noticed 2 small spots where the Leather started peeling after 12 months, and leather cracking, even though we bought their recommended leather cleaning/conditioning products, to be told “sorry, you’re just out of warranty”. Each pick up and repair took months which meant that some of us would have to sit on the floor. After a “Friendly” visit from the Harvey Norman Franchisee, we were told he noticed our 20kg 3yo daughter mistreating our lounge by flopping on them, so we have been mistreating our lounge. Not once has she caused the frame to snap, and if this expensive lounge can’t handle a small child, when it is suppose to be manufactured to 130kg, I want nothing more to do with it! Our warranty soon runs out and we have been told they will only repair it one more time and that’s it even if we still have warranty left. I am sick of being treated like we have done something wrong and looking at this 4yo, poor quality, peeling, cracking, sagging lounge, with many other issues, too many problems to list, I am disgusted! Never will our family and friends ever buy Janda or buy from a Harvey Norman store again after the many tears I have had dealing with these Australian companies. Where are you now Gerald Harvey, not even your head office wants to help us?

• Li
    Harvey Norman Online Store - Not happy with online with Harvey Norman
    Harvey Norman
    Perth Metro Area
    Western Australia
    Australia

I live in rural WA and went on the Harvey Norman site to source out a Trax Red Car Bed but went online to the main site of HN and sourced about 5 different main suburbs in Perth WA to try and get a price, availability and shipping price.
    Not only could I not get a price from the city stores, i tried both our country stores but all stores had none available.
    If they want us to shop local they need to make their website user friendly and surely main shops should have certain items available.
    I have found the same item over east and the price and shipping so easily so why do we bother trying to do the right thing by our WA businesses.

• De
      14th of Jul, 2016

Hi Anitole,

I sent you a PM requesting some more details. Very sorry to hear about the delays on your fridge repairs. We'll just need to grab your contact details so we can follow this up with the franchisee and store you purchased from. Please check your PM's when you get a chance.

Kind regards,
    Karl - HN Customer Service Team

14th of Jul, 2016
    Harvey Norman - 9 weeks later still waiting for my wirlpool fridge to be fixed
    Harvey Norman

9 weeks later still waiting for my wirlpool fridge to be fixed .Why does Harvey Norman Bye Fridges into Australia that do not have spare parts .Not good enough Harvey Norman.

If you cant have these parts in Australia the very lest you can do is have the part air freighted in just a few days, I would never buy another fridge again without noing if your carrying spare parts to that fridge, We can all go without tv, micro, and many other items most of us are very understanding that things breakdown.But to wait 9 weeks without fridge and still waiting is a disgrace and un AUSTRALIAN.

• Gl
      13th of May, 2016

Just disappointed in reading so many complaints about transactions with hn
    also disgusted that there are no responses from hn to any of the complaints
    makes me more disappointed as i have had similar experiences and ... Would move away from any more dealings with hn

peter lismore

27th of Dec, 2015

I had such a bad experience buying a laptop from Harvey Norman that I made a YouTube video about it: https://youtu.be/8gMeC3MVPTc
    I was lied about so many things!

• Se
      13th of Oct, 2015

This is shocking. What a mess.

I am still waiting for management to address numerous emails about faulty products. It seems that someone is deleting emails.

Harvey Norman don't seem to care and are causing problems to grow and grow.