Hartford Insurance / lack of concern for customers

1 KY, United States Review updated:

Recently my wife was involved in a 3 car collision.
The car in front was driven by an elderly man that the local law enforcement allowed to leave the accident scene with NO CHARGES, or statement.
The second car sat in the middle of the road on a curve with NO BRAKE or HAZARD LIGHTS on, and did not attempt to signal to cars approaching from behind that there was an accident.

My wife, who was going under the speed limit, wearing her seat belt and driving safely came around the curve and had no time to stop. Our 1996 Mazda was totaled, she was cited for NON-ATTENTION, thus making her the alleged cause of the accident, thus making us responsible for ALL 3 CARS.

Hartford Insurance low balled us with a 900.00 replacement offer for our car, even though it had been in great shape.

If this happens to you contact your STATE INSURANCE COMMISSION and file a complaint.

We are not stuck with car payments we cannot afford, and the police made no effort to find the car in front even though eye witnesses stated he got out, looked at his car, then left.

MY WIFE WAS ALMOST KILLED, and neither the police or HARTFORD care.

BEWARE, if you're the last car in multiple car accident, it's YOUR FAULT, whether it is the neglect and/or lack of concern of the others involved or not.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HARTFORD!!!

Comments

1st of Nov, 2009

You weren't low balled with a replacement, you were given ACV- Actual Cash Value; listen to what the adjuster tells you instead of what you want to hear. You are not owed REPLACEMENT because the carrier doesn't have to give you the amount you would pay through a dealer; you are only owed ACV- it's state mandated and in every insurance policy- whether the accident is through your carrier or not. You were also probably given a condition rating of Average Private which is the 2nd best rating you can get- for $900.00, I'm sure your "excellent condition" vehicle wasn't dealer retain condition- which is the highest rating.

• Ro
      15th of Nov, 2010

If you are thinking about getting insurance from Hartford DON’T they are trouble. In my sixty years I have never see the company that is so arrogant and slow to get your claim done.