Harrisburg Hyundaicash for clunkers sales scam

J Review updated:

On Tuesday 8/18/09 my wife and I went to Harrisburg Hyundai to do a "Cash
for Clunkers" deal on a new car for our son going to college. Having already
purchased a new Accent from there in 2017, and referring my brother there a
week earlier, I expected no problems and a good deal. The program was
explained, a deal was negotiated, credit reports were ran, and paperwork was
started on a new 2017 Accent with my salesman Mike Brown. All seemed well.
The good news ended there. Upon entering the finance department for final
signatures I was told the Government was slow on paying the dealers and it
would be about a week before we could pick up the car. Having no immediate
need for it, I went ahead and signed the paperwork, which consisted of a
"Buyers Order" and a privacy statement, put down a $500.00 deposit and was
told my finance paperwork would be signed upon delivery. I agreed and left.
On Saturday 08/22/09 at 3 pm I heard a talk show speaker talking about
problems people were having with dealers. I called my salesman Mike Brown
and told him I wanted to complete the deal today. Mike put me on hold and
moments later a sales manager picked up and told me they were going to
refund my money because they no longer were participating in the "Cash for
Clunkers" program. I was outraged and went to the dealer.
After a brief encounter with my salesman I went to speak directly to Timothy
Eklund Sr., the General Sales Manager. I explained to him we had a signed
deal and I wanted the car. He explained he did not have to honor the deal,
and since they never submitted the paperwork to the Government no laws were
broken. When I asked why I wasn't notified, he said they were going to call
"all of us" today or Monday. PROBLEM!! THE PROGRAM ENDS TODAY AT MANY
DEALERSHIPS AND OFFICIALLY ON MONDAY. People like me would not even have a
chance to participate in the program!
I immediately explained to Timothy Eklund Sr. that I would pursue legal
action against the dealership and inform the media of this practice. Both of
which I am doing. I then called BethAnn at Fredrick Hyundai in Lebanon, Pa
in hopes of making an 11th hour deal. They said they had already had (5)
customers this week with the same Harrisburg Hyundai story. HOW MANY OF US
ARE THERE?????
BethAnn and her Sales Manager listened to our story and went out of their
way to help us with a deal on a new Hyundai. I would gladly refer them to
anyone looking for a kind and considerate sales person.
HARRISBURG HYUNDAI, ---> NEVER AGAIN!!!

• J
      Aug 12, 2009
    Harrisburg Hyundai - great customer service-harrisburg hyundai
    4220 chambers hill road
    Phone: [protected]
    harrisburghyundai.com

Great Customer Service out of any Hyundai dealer I shopped in and around Harrisburg, York, Lancaster area.

The price I got was $700 better then 4 other dealers. I saw the negative reviews but really an ex employee, that got fired casue could not do the job, ofcourse they write bad reviews, and blame someone else other than excepting responsibility.

This is my 3rd Hyundai and the first from Harrisburg Hyundai. I will continue to purchase and service my cars at this dealer.

John T.

Aug 17, 2009

Thank you for your purchase from Harrisburg Hyundai and we look forward to earning your business for years to come. If you need anything please contact us

www.harrisburghyundai.com

• S
      Aug 23, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me at a Toyota dealer in Alabama. I left my car there for a month. They told me that they were waiting for a registration number. Finally I went to close the deal this friday. They said I didn't have the proper proof of registration. I showed them a copy of the bil where I had 2 of the required forms of proof. Didn't matter to them. Any way I had called several times during the past month to ask if my deal had been approved. they kept saying they were waiting on an authorization number. When we show up in person they said that they never registered the car, and asked who told us we were registered. I showed then the email that their salesman send telling me that. Any way were out too because of a dealer. what you need to do is to call the cars website hot-line. and your states attorney general and complain.

• K
      Sep 11, 2009
    Harrisburg Hyundai - no good dealer
    Pennsylvania

My husband and I have both been screwed over by this dealership numerous times. It is so frustrating that they can do this to people and get a way with still staying in business. Oh sure they will be all nice and try to schmooze you over until the deal is done (after being in the dealership for 3 hours). Then when the sale is over forget being nice they got what they wanted. I wonder if they have been reported to the BBB for being a rip off! That is my next step...anyone want to join me!

• R
      Oct 23, 2009
    Harrisburg Hyundai - thief
    Pennsylvania

I used to work for this dealership and I will let you know that any good reviews have been fabricated by the management. This dealership not only severely rips off its customers, but also steals from its employees as well. I worked there and would not allow any friends or family to purchase a car from my employer. TERRY BARNES, the general sales manager, is a crook. He would rob his own mother if given the chance. I have witnessed first hand his shady business which borders on criminal. DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM HIM

• S
      Oct 23, 2009

Dear Madam/Sir,

One does not realize how valuable something is until it is lost...
    And thus feel same when our handset is LOST..
    It is not only the HANDSET we lose but an equally important DATA also..
    And considering all these consequences our company planned to launch MSM ie Maverick Secure Mobile Application.

What is Maverick Secure Mobile(MSM)?
    Maverick Secure Mobile(MSM)is a security application.Secure mobile helps you to protect your data, track your stolen device, retrieve your phonebook
    & disable the stolen device remotely.The application works in hidden mode & cannot be viewed in the device.To launch/Customize this application one has to press pre defined short keys and password.After installing MSM in the device one must as "Reporting Contact" in the application.Reporting contact can be your second number/friends number or any other number on which you want to receive all the reports.

1.Protect Your Data :Incase of thief/loss, the moment SIM change is detected, MSM will encrypt all the data on the device like the Phonebook, Images, Messages, etc.Now one can be assured about the privacy or misuse of the data on the device.

2.Track Device :Incase of thief/loss, the application will send the Phone Number, Device Id, Country Code, Operator Name and Area Code(location) to the Reporting device through sms.
    Secure Mobile will also report about activities performed on the stolen device via SMS like Outgoing Calls Made, Incomming Calls Received, Sms Sent/Received, New Contacts Added to phonebook detailed...

3.Retrieve Phonebook :The most important data on any device are the contacts.using MSM one can retrieve phonebook from the stolen device, the entire phonebook will be retrieved by sending sms contact=all from the reporting device.As soon as the stolen device receives sms it will start sending the entire phonebook through SMS, and the funny thing is by using the data plan of the thief.

4.Spy Call :If the owner calls from the reporting device to the stolen device, it will be termed as Spy Call. Spy Call will switch the Loudspeaker & Mic of the stolen device remotely, so that the caller can actually listens to the conversation.This call will not give any notification/ring to the stolen device.the person who receives spy call will not be able to know he is being called by the owner.Even if he comes to know about the spy call, he cannot disconnect the spy call.

5.Raise an alarm and disable the phone :To disable stolen device remotely, send sms=hang from the reporting device to the stolen device, and it will raise an alarm and start playing a loud Siren.MSM will also display a customized message.Here, one can put his Name, Address, Alternate number and Award Amount.

6.Data back Up :Secure Mobile has a distinct feature of incremental Data Backup.Using this feature once can backup all the data from the device to secure remote server .So now all your data is very much secured and you can retrieve it without any hassle.

It not only works when STOLEN but also can be used as PARENTAL CONTROL and many more…

To check your HANDSET'S Compatibility & to get Maverick Secure Mobile Application Online, Please click on the following link.

We will be happy if you would be interested in exploring a partnership with
    Maverick Mobile Solutions for your market.

ThankingYou..

Kind Regards,
    Sachin Randive.
    Maverick Mobile Solutions, Pune.
    +91 [protected]
    Email:
    sachin.[protected]@maverickmobile.in

Oct 28, 2009

We are getting rid of our (3) Hyundais due to the constant and ridiculous over-charging and lies from
    the service department at Harrisburg Hyundai in Pennsylvania.

Between my 04 Elantra and my 04 Accent I have spent around $5000 in service and repairs JUST THIS
    YEAR ALONE AND THEY ARE BOTH STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!! My Elantra had the SAME breakdown problem 4 times this year but the service department always found DIFFERENT problems (not under warranty) and charged me like I was made out of money. This last repair of $1040.00 to stop a gas leak was the last straw. I checked my car on the service lot the night before. It had stopped leaking before the repair. The tank was overfilled but $1040.00 is GOD DAMNED ROBBERY!!!

I traded the Elantra in on a 2017 Toyota last week. I'm currently in the process of trading the Accent in on a Toyota as well. They are going to make a fair deal because I'm also trading my daughter's 05 Accent on a Toyota Yaris. We are getting rid of all of our Hyundais for Toyotas.

I would have stayed with Hyundai for years to come and we would be trading in all three for new Hyundais right now but after being ripped off and over charged time and time again - I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI AGAIN - EVER.

THANK THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT HARRISBURG HYUNDAI FOR SCREWING ME OVER AND OVER.
    I'M SURE THEY WON'T ADMIT IT BUT [censored] THEM.

THEY HAVE PLENTY OF MY MONEY FOR NOTHING BUT THERE WILL BE NO MORE.

The real pitty is that I had put up with it only because I liked my cars so much. ENOUGH IS FINALLY ENOUGH!!!

I was a very good and loyal customer but I will SPIT out of the window every time I pass that dealership.
    I'm also going to blog, chat and post on every site possible just to let people know what thieves they are.

Oct 28, 2009
    Harrisburg Hyundai - they are thieves
    HARRISBURG HYUNDAI
    4220 Chambers Hill Rd
    Pennsylvania

the service department at Harrisburg Hyundai in Pennsylvania.

I'M SURE THEY WON'T ADMIT IT BUT [censored] THEM.

THEY HAVE PLENTY OF MY MONEY FOR NOTHING BUT THERE WILL BE NO MORE.

• J
      Dec 25, 2009
    Harrisburg Hyundai - update on law suit — cash for clunkers
    4220 Chambers Hill Rd
    Phone: [protected]

Harrisburg Judge agrees and awards $4, 240.90 in court. For full story go to https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cash-for-clunkers-sales-scam-c245272.html

This dealer has never tried to resolve this issue. They have no available phone number to a main office and never have responded to emails which go through their website.

If you are considering this dealer, consider everyone else, but I purchased from BethAnn at Fredrick Hyundai in Lebanon, Pa [protected]. She and her dealership have been exceptional!

Will post updates as things continue!