Harris Bank / Poor Communication/Poor services

I was financed through this company by the dealership I bought my car through. Harris bank doesn't send out a statement or anything telling you how much in total you owe. They send out a "coupon book" with which you can use to make payments with. I have never received this booklet, despite calling and speaking with them several times over the past year. They have sent me past due notices, when I have already paid via internet, so I know they have my address. When you pay online, they charge a 10 dollar convenience fee. So Basically I've paid them an extra 1oo dollars over this past year, because they won't send me the coupon book. I'm refinancing my vehicle through another company as soon as I'm able to.

Comments

• Xr
      27th of Jan, 2010

I paid my december payment online and it still has not cleared from my checking account...I keep calling the customer service number and it always says they are having technical difficulties!! Is anybody else having these same issues??

• Ba
      18th of Jun, 2010

HARRIS BANK SUCKS the big one, file as many complaints as you like they dont respond because they don't care!

• Jb
      10th of Jul, 2010

I bought a car at a local dealer and they arranged the loan through Harris (out of state). Harris never sent any bills to me so the first thing I got was an overdue notice with a late charge added. Fortunately, it had their address and my account number so I could set up a direct payment from my on-line bank account. Mighty strange they'd never bill me (as if they did not have my address) yet could send a past due statement with my address. Seems like a scam to get a late fee, to me.

• Ca
      11th of Jan, 2011

My vehicle was stolen, I was told by Harris they would freeze my credit (didn't happen) while my insurance worked up the paperwork. The vehicle was never recovered, my insurance (Nationwide) took 7 months to make payment and Harris threatened to sue me. The total due was covered between my auto insurance and gap insurance; however, they were still ready to sue even when it was still in "underwriting". They are a bunch of crooks. Oh by the way my credit is totally destroyed too.

26th of Aug, 2011

many hard working americans are suffering due to economy, Harris bank employees are insensitive and rude and offer no solutions or comfort to their customers, we the loyal citizens who have raised them to where they are today. We are victims millions of us due to the inadequate management of thousands of these banks and their untrained commisson hungry loan officers. it is a dire situation and hard to see any bright side, i am sickened by the way i was traeted today by Harris bank employyes in Plaltine Il, and the bank manager resorted to inappropraite name calling, a sad day in america. the worst bank and the worst employees on the planet.

• Ke
      6th of Mar, 2012

HARRIS NA CHANGED TO BMO HARRIS TO HIDE, HARRIS BANK STOLD OUR HOUSE! THEY LIED AND OVER MORTGAGED THE HOUSE FOR TWICE WHAT IT WAS WORTH!

• Bo
      16th of Oct, 2013

My experiences with BMO-Harris consist of this.. My father passed away 3 weeks prior. In an attempt to settle his account at BMO-Harris where he was a customer, I went to the branch in Elgin, il. at 250 dundee Ave. I talked to Cecelia David. She offered her condolences, and asked me for a copy of the death certificate. I gave her this info. (which is all that is needed at the BMO Harris Villa Park, Il, and Streamwood, il. branches.) I was told by Ms. David that I needed a Small Estate Claims affidavit. I explained to her that the executor of the estate, my brother had gone to BMO Harris in Villa Park the day prior and all he needed was a death certificate. Ms. David told me that I needed the additional documentation and that " I am not getting a check from her" I reached over and took my forms from her hands and told her i would go elsewhere. I went to BMO Harris in Streamwood, Il. and was helped there, not needing the Small Estate ClaimsForms, as Ms. David insisted I needed. I want to add, that 2 weeks earlier, I had my appendix removed and a Hernia repaired and was recoving from the surgery. I struggled to my car, drove to the Elgin branch, struggled to get out of car, walked in with great difficulty, and had my encounter with Ms. David. then i walked back to my car, struggled to get in, and drove an additional 6 miles to Streamwood, Il. branch where i struggled to get out of car, again and walk into bank. I was helped to my satisfaction at the Streamwood branch. I called to Elgin manager to complain, and I got and arguement from her. She defended Ms. David and I told her I felt singled out, forced to come up with additional things that Ms. David would invent and say i needed. Then to tell me " there is no way you are getting a check from me" that money was my fathers, and as a legal beneficiary to that account, that is my money. not BMO Harris's money, noy the branch managers money, and ceertainly not Ms. David's money. after several phone calls, and arguements from the manager, I told them i would be more than happy to send this up the corprate chain. I wanted Ms. David disaplined, I wanted to see proof of that disapline, I wanted a hand written apology from Ms. David, and an aplology from BMO Harris, and I thought we had come to an agreement on this, however I have heard nothing Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday..

• Wi
      14th of May, 2014

i paid off my car about 4 months ago and never received the title. i made three or four calls to them requesting the title. after they agreed on the third call i received a certified letter telling me that they "have no right or interest in the following described vehicle" that means i am responsible for the $95 fee for a new title(in Illinois). it is apparent that they lost or destroyed the original title and are not willing to cover the cost of a new title. do i have any recourse?

• Ha
      21st of Oct, 2014

account was hacked...called their unhelpful 800# was told it could take up to 10 days to get money back. Went into the bank in Addison and was told it's their "regulations" and it could be 4 or 5 days. Found out the transaction hadn't posted yet so they might be able to reverse it...of course the transaction went through. Other banks seem to have different "regulations" since they take care of their customers. Been there since 98 and have decided to pull my money out and go elsewhere. Sorry Harris this was your one shot and you blew it!

• Eb
      17th of Dec, 2014

This banks website is a joke. Kept trying to log onto my account...couldn't get a webpage to enter my information. Called the customer service number got someone in Canada, snotty hung up on me. Called back finally got someone in USA very helpful. Explained there are 2 websites. BMO.com and BMOHARRIS.com. Wow, someone in the White Ivory tower in Canada should look at that...really smart customer service. I guess that's why I do 80% of my banking with Chase.

• Tr
      13th of May, 2015

Horrendous customer service in the form of employees forgetting to do important tasks like mail out a check card. Charged me a fee after they said they wouldn't. Wouldn't give me a tracking number, blamed it on some computer system problem. One important echat regarding all of this ended with a supposed fire alarm drill on their end. I mean one or two mistakes I can understand, but this is borderline comical how bad their service is. They obviously can't or don't care.

16th of Feb, 2016

ROTFL!
    I've had both a Savings and a Checking Account with these people for more than a decade. Today, I walked into this place to make a wire transfer and was treated like I was about to stick the joint up at any moment. LOL! There was no enthusiastic greeting when I walked in like I heard others being greeted. There was no hand shake, or have a nice day on the way out, like I saw happening with others. I don't wear saggy pants, or dress like a hoodlum. I've often been told that I dress like an undercover cop...Go figure.