Harnett County Public Utilities Dept. / Hidden fees to have water reconnected

Our water was shut off in between paydays. it took us 2 days to borrow the money to have the water turned back on. after reviewing the bill and calling the water company we were informed there was a 30.00 reconnect fee. Easy enough we paid the bill including the 30.00 reconnect fee only to find out AFTER we paid that if we wanted the water turned back on THE SAME DAY it would be an additional 45.00

not sure if that is only for military members? (they seem very unappreciated in this area) or if this is for everyone.. also not sure how legal it is as we were never made aware of this policy. I even recorded a phone call with Sammy (or Jenny)? phelps the manager where she said the only place that is posted is in the office. I have never been into the office my husband had the water turned on when we moved into this place. So the manager said she would "do me a favor" by charging the the extra 45.00 to our next bill in order to get the water turned on tonight. (it's a friday evening the only other option would be to wait until monday and I have 4 children)

be careful if you get service from these people. also when there was a huge water leak out of a water main that wasn't even mine. I had only called to make them aware there was a HUGE river going down the dirt road next to my house they told me to call a plumber?? What kind of inhumane business is this?

Va

Comments

Ny
  15th of Mar, 2009

this is the worst company i have ever seen!!! i have tried to call them on the phone and you can't!! this is the only water company i have ever seen that you cannont call on the phone!! what if there is an emergency?? or any one needs to call for any reason?? you can't, all you get is a run around voice mail and then it hangs up! so they will turn your water off if you can't call them or can't get to the office then charge the outragious fees to turn the water back on. if you go to the office and tell them you can't reach them by phone they act like they don't know what your talking about, , idiots!!! this is so out of control!!

Co
  25th of Jan, 2017

Omg!!! I thought this only happened to my husband and myself they just did that to us so now we have to come up with 143.00 to get it turned on. they turned us off BEFORE our bill was due! I hate harnett county.