Harley Davidson/Harley Davidson of Cool Springs in Franklin, TN / 2008 Night Rod Special Problems and Bad Service!!!

1 7128 South Springs Drive, Franklin, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 615 771 7775

I bought a brand new 2008 Harley Night Rod Special from Harley Davidson of Cool Springs in Franklin, TN in June 2008. The bike rode well for the first few weeks and then began to have major problems. The bike pulled to the right, the gas gauge malfunctioned, the speedometer malfunctioned which resulted in me receiving a ticket, the exhaust system damaged the frame directly behind the brake petal assembly on the bottom side, the radiator bolts have fallen out numerous times, bolts that hold the exhaust to the block have fallen off, etc. It has been a nightmare. I took the bike in for service and they replaced the radiator bolts and changed the oil but said nothing was wrong with it. The very next day the gas gauge malfunctioned once again. Before taking the bike back to the dealership I took it to an independent motorcycle mechanic and he found the damaged frame, the exhaust bolt missing and that the radiator bolts that were replaced two days before were gone again! This bike was less than a month old at the time and has currently approximately 1800 miles on it! I tried to contact the GM of Cool Springs Harley Davidson numerous times and he and the owner refuse to return my calls or meet with me. I received a letter from the owner of said dealership that was very sarcastic in nature and offered no resolution. I requested that my work orders be faxed to me numerous times and still have yet to receive them. The bike has been at the dealership in service for over 30 days before a received a letter in the mail and a phone call stating the bike was ready. The service manager called to tell me that the bike was ready and I again requested to speak with the owner. I never received any further calls. Recently I went into the dealership to attempt to have a meeting with the owner about a new bike or a refund. I spoke with the service manager who told me very quickly that he couldn't do that and he didn't know where the owner was. I asked if he could locate the owner or if he had a cell phone to which he responded "yeah he probably does." As the conversation went on the service manager became increasingly rude and sarcastic and at one point told me "your bike is in storage because you haven't come to get it, it can stay down there for 10 years I don't care. You can come get it or it can stay forever I don't care." He stated later in the conversation while shrugging his shoulders, "whatever, I don't care and I don't have time for this, I have work to do." This whole time he rarely spoke while looking at me. He would look at the computer or shuffle papers. Then another employee walked up and stated "well I can tell you one thing, you aren't getting a new bike." I finally left with no resolution.

I have never been talked to in such a manner or encountered such a lack of customer concern. I certainly have never been verbally attacked. I have done some research and have found that this dealership has a reputation for acting in this manner. Some of the individuals I spoke with were Hwy patrol officers, metro police officers, a couple Shiners, and numerous others. I have also found 3 additional bikes of the same make and model as mine are having the same problems. One of which finally received a new bike but had a gag order placed against him as a condition by either Harley Davidson or a dealership. I strongly encourage and suggest that any potential Harley riders to not do business with Harley Davidson of Cool Springs or Columbia in Tennessee.

Comments

• Re
      26th of Jul, 2009

I went to cool springs Tn. hd 2 days ago with my wife and 15 year old son. We saw a motorized bicycle on the show room floor that looked like the old Whizzer, my son liked it. The owner said the price was $350. I asked about it and the owner said it was a good deal and that Dave has one. "Enter Dave", a salesman. He said if we bought it he would get it ready, adjustments, ect. He said he would call when it was ready, on the way home he called and said there was a problem with the clutch but he would "throw in a basket case" with a good clutch if I would do the work(it didn't even have a clutch but I didn't know that yet). We went and picked up the bikes and I told him the parts bike did not have a clutch, he said "you can buy that on line". We got home with the bikes last night and I looked them over and neither one had a clutch or crank gear or primary chain. I slept on this and realised they had sold me a bike that they knew did not have a clutch (while they were selling the it) right off the showroom floor. Took the bikes back today and unloaded them. Just want my money back for the 2 basket cases (I was supposed to get a new bike) Wait a minute, I'm 54 years old, Vietnam Veteran, Have ridden Harleys for 33 years, Have bought 5 new Harleys and I don't rip people off. "Enter Dave" again (who lied evertime I talked with him about the bike) became very upset, said " You should'nt have taken them out of here". I said "just refund my money for the basket cases". Now it gets interesting, I walked to the service dept counter and he came up to me yelling "I told him I would order him new clutches, etc". Another lie. I got tired of his aggresive ### and said "this was a ###ed up deal". He grabbed my wifes credit card and said he was going to cut it up and I would not get any refund because I cussed. I said I would not cuss anymore if I could just get a refund. He continuied on and on with his pie hole, making remarks about me in front of customers. I guess he is a part time cop or something, better test him for steroids, he's showing all the symptoms!! Cool Springs hd is the worst example of a business I have ever seen. Then, after the bad cop, comes the good cop. Some guy there takes us aside and says he is a Nashville musician that just bought half of the dealership and was very unhappy about the steroid cop's attitude, yea right you good old boys. I didn't know harley could sell china made basket cases as "good complete adjusted bikes", Oh yea, the owner said "he didn't have to charge tax, he could run it through like a tee shirt" What a bunch of ###! Jim 931 575 8981 When we got home last night my son said " Well Dad, we met some crooks today".

• Re
      26th of Jul, 2009

I don't like Cool Springs HD

• Aj
      15th of Aug, 2009

well dave no longer works there and i have had pleasent experiances there the bikes are wildfire bikes aka bull [censored] products 350 was a good price for a hunk of plastic and metal but then again look who bought it. if only you had looked the bike over and inspected it like any sensible person would do common now.