Harley Davidson / 2003 harley road king &y pipe& failure
I have a 2003 Road King Classic and am going on my 3rd "Y Pipe" (Y pipe
connected to rear cylinder). After a very short period of time small cracks
develop in the area of the Y, and get larger in time until the pipe needs to
be replaced. I have talked with many other owners who have experienced that
same failure, multiple times. I have discussed this with many Technicians
and the Owner of Goe Harley Davidson in Angleton Texas. All admit this is a
design defect. I asked them why Harley has not stepped up and offered a
solution, like a two into two exhaust system, which eliminates the Y pipe.
The only answer I received was that yes, Harley is aware of the problem but
that there was so many bikes out in the market place that they were not
going to step up and openly admit the problem and offer a solution. This is
not the right way for Harley to handle their business and consumer loyalty.
More Harley Davidson Complaints & Reviews
- Harley-Davidson - harassment 
- Harley Davidson - lies and warranty 
- Harley Davidson - warranty 
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles - hidden charges 
- Harley Davidson - bad quality 
- Harley Davidson - about my harley davidson street rod 750
- Harley Davidson - parts not being supplied after being paid for.
- Harley Davidson - complaint about the warranty
- Harley Davidson - replacement of parts n delay of 7 months
- Harley Davidson - 2 pair of hd leather boots