Harlem Furniture / Damage done with no resolution
Harlem Furniture is a member of the Better Business Bureau. They claim to be a business in good standing with the bureau but it is only because they have found a loophole, a way to exploit the system of checks and balances.
I made a purchase of an entertainment center from Harlem Furniture. It was a large piece and so I had it delivered. The men who delivered the furniture could not speak any English. They were in a big hurry and in their rush they put some large scratches in some brand new finished hardwood floors. This was going to be expensive to repair, so I called Harlem Furniture and they said they would open and trouble ticket on the problem and get back to me within a week. After two weeks and no word at all, I contacted the BBB. I filed a complaint that their movers had done damage to my floor and asked for some compensation to fix the damage they had done. Harlem Furniture responded quickly by stating that "we hire third party contractors and are not responsible for this matter, you must contact the movers in question." I looked at my original receipt with Harlem Furniture and nowhere did it mention that they used third party contractors. This explanation was good enough for the BBB. An honorable mention for Harlem Furniture for finding a clever way to dispense with all responsibility, use cheap labor and not be held accountable by anyone for the damage they caused.
More Harlem Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Harlem Furniture - POOR quality/deceptive practices 
- Harlem Furniture - Attempt to circumvent warranty!
- Harlem Furniture - Lack of competence and service! 
- Harlem Furniture - Harlem sold my couch from under me, after taking my money.
- Harlem Furniture - Terrible company
- Harlem Furniture - Do Not Buy
- Harlem Furniture - Insurance is BULLS**T 
- Harlem Furniture - THE WARRANTY YOU PURCHASE COVERS NOTHING
- Harlem Furniture - Refuse to give a full refund
- Harlem Furniture - substandard furnitures with no warranty