Hargrave And Associates / Over a year, still no repairs

October 2007 I decided to put trust with Hargrave and Associates to repair my credit. They told me it will take 4 months to repair. After waiting 6 months for results and not receiving any, I ask the representative that I spoke to on the phone for the supervisor because they could not answer why my credit has not been fixed. Twice I was disconnected for some strange reason. Yet to this day I have not received anything in the mail as to why my credit has not been repaired. This so called company is another prime example of a rip off. I was better off taking the $250.00 and repairing my own credit.

Mw

Comments

• Hi
      28th of Jan, 2009

I know I did not want to pay any one but I wanted a house I found this company Agape Credit Service and they are a .com they had many plans to choose from and I did not pay until the work was done. Hardgarve and his wife have a law suite on them they made 5 million in 07 and no credit was fixed. I contacted an atterney so I can get something when the suite is settled and they go by BSFcredit.com

• Ba
      29th of Jan, 2009

You should call Help Me Howard, on channel 7 news or Shame On You (unsure of what channel) but they always seem to recover people's losses. Good Luck and thank you because I was going to go through Hargrove & Associates before I came across this complaint board.

• Ta
      12th of Feb, 2009

TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH HARGRAVE AND ASSOSCIATES THEY ARE USING ANOTHER NAME NOW, AND THERE CONTACT NUMBER IS 888-808-9328

• Ki
      19th of Feb, 2009

OH MY GOD, I JOINED ON WITH HARGRAVES IN 2006 AND I TOO NEVER GOT ANY RESULTS FROM THEM. I PAID THAT COMPANY $250 OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND THOSE PEOPLE LIED TO ME OVER AND OVER. AFTER A WHILE YOU GET TRIED OF CALLING. BUT I'M GLAD I RAN ACROSS THIS. I HOPE THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUITE IN THE MAKING. THIS IS CRAZY AS ALL GET OUT. PEOPLE ARE TRYIN TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR THEMSELVES AND COMPANIES LIKE THIS ARE TAKING OUR MONEY.

• Le
      25th of Feb, 2009

Everyone needs to know that anything that can be fixed on your credit can be fixed by you.

Bad credit is bad credit and NO ONE but the creditor can change that for you.

If it is recent bad credit - it's going no where. It has to be paid in full at least for 3 years with a history of paying your bills on time to show you have become responsible.

If you are always late paying - no one can help you until you learn to pay your bills.

It took me a while to get my credit straightened out, first I had to learn about FICO score - if your score sucks so does your credit.

You have to learn to control your spending, get out of as much debt as possible and pay your bills on time. After 3 years of dependable credit showing that you pay and on time - you get a free copy of your credit report and start writing letters to the companies. Tell them you are sorry for the late pays and that for the past 3 years you have paid bills on time and you would like them to remove the bad marks against your credit.

Don't try to lie to them, they will check. I only had one refuse to help me with my credit score. The credit report has the name and phone number for every creditor you have. Use that information to your advantage.

• Lo
      25th of Jun, 2009

I agree with Lemons. The only person that can fix your credit is yourself. I done it before and it brought my score up tremendously, but I got myself back in the same situation and now I am trying to get myself out. I have thought about going to these fly-by-night credit repair places, but if you think about it, it will be back on there sooner than you know it. You pay all this money to get it repaired and they only handle it for for six months and after that...you are on your own. I rather pay my money out of my pocket to clean my own credit knowing that I did something worth my time and money. Don't look for a quick fix because you will only regret it later.