Hargrave And Associates / Scam billing

United States Review updated:
4.75
I signed on w/Hargrave and Associates at the end of September. I received the welcome package and sent in my drivers license, social security card & my cell phone bill. I called after sending in that information & the phone numbers do not work nor am I able to get to their website.

I provided them 280.00 and I have not received one thing from the credit bureaus. I checked my report and nothing has changed. I am more concerned with not being able to reach anyone.

I called from 10/31/08 - 11/04/08. I was able to get an automated system but then when I pressed options the line would go dead that did that until 11/04/08. Now when I call all the telephones I have as well as the ones online, I am told that the phone can not be reached from my telephone. I have tried calling on several different telephones. I want my money back & am very confused & mad!!
Va

Comments

Ch
  12th of Nov, 2008
I too signed with Hargrave and Associates in March of 2008. I never received a contract or any information or documentation from the company. I did, however receive several credit reports from the different credit bureaus that showed some movement, such as removing inquiries that had been made to my account. I was told that my program would be 8 months long and would end in November. However, when I attempted to contact them during the month of November, 2008, I too could not get through to them on their 877-768-1988 number. Finally, yesterday, I got through to someone at that number after calling repeatedly. I was told that even though I was told my program was to end in November Hargrave and Assocaites programs only lasted 6 months. I was then told that the company had been sold. I asked if the people that had accounts with the company were ever going to be notified and the gentleman that answered the phone had no answer. He did take my name and number and told me that I would have a call from someone above him who had authority to talk to me by the end of the day November 12, 2008. I am not anticipating that I will ever hear from the company again and have lost out on the $300.00 that I paid in March, 2008. I guess we all learn from our mistakes and I have definitely learned a lesson here.
Mi
  13th of Nov, 2008
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME I SIGNED UP WITH HARGRAVE AND ASSOCIATES BACK IN JUNE MY 6 MONTHS WOULD HAVE BEEN UP DECEMBER 30. NOW I CAN'T REACH ANYBODY. I'M JUST A YOUNG BLACK FEMALE CRYING FOR HELP. IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THIS?
Mi
  13th of Nov, 2008
THEN THEY ARE GOING UNDER ANOTHER NAME NOW BFS CREDIT SOLUTIONS WITH THE SAME ADDRESS TRYING TO SCAM AGAIN. THE NUMBER IS 904-768-1211. WWW.BFSCREDIT.COM. THEY HAVE MY FILE AND WANT ME TO PAY ANOTHER 199 SIGN-UP FEE AND $50 A MONTH. YEAH RIGHT. WHEN YOU CALL THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY BROUUGHT HARGRAVE OUT. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT ONE BIT. AND THE WEBSITE IS IDENTICAL TO HARGRAVE'S OLD SITE
Cr
  13th of Nov, 2008
You are right they are using the name BFS Credit Solutions now and they told me when I called them they would waive the sign up fee if I paid $50 per month to still repair my credit. They didn't say anything about the $280 I paid back in May 2008 and my contract I had. When I asked to speak with the manager or owner of the company I was denied. I'm very upset and I want my money back. My credit is still the same and I've lost $280 but what really makes me mad is they are still scamming people out of their money just in a different name now (BFS). If anyone has any solutions as to what can be done about this please advise. Thanks
Ja
  14th of Nov, 2008
I called, two months ago and they told me i will have everyhing done in six months and i cant get the web site or anyone on the phone...this is not far
Ca
  14th of Nov, 2008
I've been trying to call them now for the past week. I signed up with them in September 2008 and I too tried to cancel, but they told me that the process had already began and it hadn't even been 30 days yet. So I went ahead and went through with the program since I didn't seem to have a choice.
On November 12, 2008, I received a letter from Transunion stating that my investigation would start immediately and that they had up until November 21, 2008 to verify the information on my report. I finally received a letter from them that gave a list of everything that had been verified and everything that had been deleted. I was actually surprised that 9 items had been deleted. It wasn't until I tried to call them to let inform them about the changes that had been made to my credit report, that I realized that they're phones were no longer in service and that their website was no longer avaliable. So today, I decided to do some inquiring on the internet to see if I could find out if they had ran off or if I had been a victim of a scam and to my surprise, I found this site that gave me my answer.

I did recieve a letter from Experian back in October 2008 that stated that they didn't believe that the disputes had been made by me and therfore requested further information. I then contacted Hargrave & Associates and they just told me to make a copy of that letter and send it to them. I did so and I still haven't recieved any more information from Experian since that letter. I also never received any information from Equifax concerning my credit report and Hargrave claimed to dispute information from all 3.

To be honest, this doesn't really surprise me. I was kind of skeptical about Hargrave & Associates to begin with, but due to my credit situation, I figured I should start somewhere. I'm going to consider this a lesson learned and will try to warn as many people as I can about the risks that are involved in dealing with individuals or firms who claim that they can repair your credit.

I would also like to add that Experian has an online disputing system that is very easy to use. I doesn't require you to write any letters or anything. The only thing you have to do is choose the raeson for your dispute under their list of reasons or you can type in your own personal statement. You can even monitor your credit. But there is a fee for membership. Go to freecreditreport.com for more information.

If anyone finds any information on whether or not something can be done about this, please contact me at calla_nicole@yahoo.com. $280 is alot of money to someone who is already in debt. I'll keep you all posted on anything that I find out in the future concerning this matter.

Keep me posted,
Calla
Ki
  17th of Nov, 2008
I signed up for this company in May of this year and I been trying to reach them and to my surpize nothing I have even wrote letters and got nothing back.My six months are up this month on the 25 of nov and they told me I would get a number to call to get my credit score yea right I got one paper from transunion at that was all. If anyone finds information on how to get help on this please email me ASAP at dawkinsk82@yahoo.com Thanks a lot
La
  18th of Nov, 2008
i have the same problem i keep calling and getting a busy singal they told me in sixty to forthy five days my credit should be clear i am mad because i use my bill money to to get this problem handle now i am behind on my bills because this i want to know why can call to get my money back
Al
  18th of Nov, 2008
I too have encountered the same problem. This is the last thing i needed. I am in desparate need of a car and i am a single mother of two. I actually paid the 350.00 that included the card they are suppose to give you. I am so very heartbroken and am now very confused. I am only 22-years old and was only trying to restart my life financially for my kids. I don't know what to do.
Vo
  20th of Nov, 2008
Call the FTC and complain:

These are the individuals resposible for shutting them down.

Mention that they are now operating under a new name: BFS

Credit Services. www.bfscredit.com - New Name Same Old Scam

Jessica Grey - 404-656-1350

Averal Rivera - 404-656-1358
Do
  21st of Nov, 2008
YES, I have also fallen victim to the hargrave/bfs BS!!! I set-up with Hargrave around july '08 and it seemed as though things were going fine. I could call and the rep would answer all of my questions, I sent my reports to them and the disputes were documented. Did my score go up...YES!!! Did those items disputed return...YES!! Did my score bottom out...YES!!! Is there recourse??? I just want to talk to a rep from the company...I may take me a trip to jacksonville before the tax on ammo increases and pay a visit to the good people at Hargrave/BFS...Pissed off consumer!!!
Tr
  21st of Nov, 2008
I did the same thing and they hit me for the 350 and want my money back and want it asap
Mr
  21st of Nov, 2008
The crazy part about this is that your complaining now... When I did my research on this company, I didn't see this mess before. Hargrave and Associates is NOT as SCAM. If they were, this man would care less what you write about him on a web site. But instead he is extending a helping hand out to you even after the Government has took all that he has. If BFS credit services is the same company different name? I dont know. If it is, I don't blam the man. He has to make it in the crazy society just like most of you are tryin to do.
I was excited when I joined the program, I was excited when I saw the first few things deleted from my credit report and I was even More excited when i purchased my first home at the age of 36. If you weren't helped, call him and see if he can provide you with the help that he did for me. If Not, then sit home be lazy and deal with the problem by doing nothing but complaining. Either your going to do something or not. YOUR CHOICE.
If you are reading this Mr or Mrs Hargrave, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I ve already thanked the girl who signed me up...Keep helping people and don't let this get you down.
Mr
wow!!!
Ir
  26th of Nov, 2008
Well, I was in the process of trying to sign up for this service, however; after reading your complaints I'm not sure. It sounds like some of you got items removed and some did not. I need credit help not a credit scam. Sooooooooo, if you can help or know of someone who can please send me an e-mail. In the meantime, I am going to call BFS with my lawyer on the other line and explain what I have learned about their company and see what or how they expalin that one. Sorry to all of you who were scamed
Do
  2nd of Dec, 2008
mrs douglas is that your name the people just been robbed by those crooks and youre calling them lazy good for you for the house your purchased at 36 i had my first home at 29 wen and bought land in north carolina and now building a big home in long pong pa and im just turn 32, so good for you since im not impress how would you feel i run up to your house and call it a stick up because the government took all ive got, than i would be wrong right, but those poor people work hard for their money and they looking for help for a better life and they are now victim, since you know mr and mrs hargrave so much give me their address ill show you ill use this dirty gun i have before i throw it in the water, this is money, play with it and your life is the return you fool
Ch
  11th of Dec, 2008
I signed up for program in September and I also signed up for the credit card with New Horizon Bank that was an additional 99.00. That has been reported to my credit showing that I have a balance of 559.00. I called the new # BFS and talked to KI who claims Hargrave & Assoc. were shut down by FTC. She gave me a # for "Mr. Kevin Hargrave himself" 904-412-6180, claiming he asked all complaints be forwarded to his "personal cell phone". Well you know I anxiously called and guess what it ID as Kevin Hargrave voice mail. Needless to say it is probably his extra cell phone and if you hurry you could possible get a message on the voice mail but hurry I have a feeling the mail box will be full very soon. I am not sure what can be done legally and maybe we can get a class action suit or something. KI did state that all of the assets for the company have been frozen...Yeah Right!!! Hey we live and learn the bad thing is I am too old to learn this lesson. Please email me if there is any additional info chandralashe@aol.com.
God sees all!!! Oh yes KI did say that the company has helped "millions of customers" HUH!!!
Ju
  12th of Dec, 2008
I signed up with Hargrave after being told about it by my son. Hargrave was advertising on a major radio station here in chicago. after i didn't hear anything from them i tried to contact them and found the number no longer worked and the website was down. i was crushed because i had finally gotten to a position in my life to begin to rectify some of my past mistakes one of which was not having taken responsibility for my obligations. when i got an e-mail from bfs it didn't take much to figure out they were the same company so i e-mailed bfs, told them what i had figured out, told them that i was contacting the attorney general of florida and any other state and federal agencies as well as the media. kevin himself e-mailed me back and proved to be an arrogant and selfish individual. he refused to give me my 350.00 back, told me to dispute the credit card company for a refund and told me it was my fault for being in this mess in the first place for not paying my bills. he then went on to invite me to contact anyone i wished to "settle this little 350.00 debt" quotation marks his. I'm not taking the position that this was just a lesson learned. this arrogant guy will not get away with what he did to me and no doubt tens of thousands of others because for one thing he's reaching people through the medium of radio, he's back on another radio station here in chicago and the sam cooke song "achange is gonna come" is his theme music. i say all of us who have been scammed and cheated out of our money trying to effect positive change in our lives by this crook and his wife, need to join forces and contact the national news shows like dateline or nightline and attempt to put some exposure to this fraud, get our monies back and perhaps save someone else in the process. my e-mail address is jgrier03@yahoo.com and feel free to contact me if you would like to unite.
Co
  14th of Jan, 2009
i too signed with them since march of 2008 and i've called and called and i spoke to someone a few times. I sent them copy of ss card and vital information that could be detrimental to me if end up in the wrong hands. and now i've been calling for the past two weeks and all their number are disconnected. I haven't had any improvment in my credit report etc. they need to be sued for their actions. chayil73@yahoo.com
Ig
  26th of Mar, 2009
Oh yeah, just an FYI, after dealing with Hargrave I decided to take my business elsewhere. I went through a company called AMB Credit Consultants. They did excellent work and got all but 1 of the negatives items on all my reports knocked off. I loved the way they treated me as a client. And I was always able to reach someone and get the answers to my questions. Their website is AMBCREDIT.COM. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are located in Dallas, TX. BUT PLEASE DON'T USE HARGRAVE OR BFS BECAUSE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN CLOSE DOWN WITHOUT A TRACE AND THEN OPEN UP UNDER A NEW NAME WHICH THEY JUST DID. I DEALT WITH A GUY NAMED ROB AT X321 AND HE ACTED LIKE THEY WERE THE BEST COMPANY!!! YEAH RIGHT THEY ARE THE BEST SCAM COMPANY AROUND!! I AM ONE OF THE MANY PEOPLE WHO GOT BAMBOOZLED!!