Harger Enterprises / Bad landscapers

1 8070 South 2750 EastSouth Weber, UT, United States Review updated:

On 30 April 2007 we hired Harger Enterprises, LLC., to maintain our lawn and garden located in South Ogden, Utah for a fee of $45 per week. The contract called for sod fertilization four times per year, weekly mowing, edging, weeding of the sod and flowerbeds, and maintenance of the trees as needed. Harger neglected our yard terribly!

We live out of state so we depend on our tenant to keep us abreast of unsatisfactory service. In October 2007 it was brought to our attention by our tenant that Harger had neglected to maintain the lawn, flowerbeds, and trees as required by our written contract. The gardens were overgrown with weeds and dead plants. The sod was patchy and contained weeds.

We contacted Harger and spoke to Ms. Gloria Harger, owner and operator of Harger Enterprises, LLC, who admitted her companys negligence and promised she would visit our house within the week to remedy the situation. She cited a death in the family as her reason for neglecting our yard the entire summer season. A week passed and Ms. Harger failed to remedy her breach of contract. We called Ms. Harger again and she admitted once again that they were at fault and she would visit the house within the next two days, weather permitting, to remedy the situation. In contradiction to her repeated assurances to mitigate her breach of contract, Ms. Harger never visited the house and never repaired the damage caused by her failure to meet her contractual obligations.

Additionally, they raised their already exorbitant rates for their lack of service and attention to detail, without informing us, just expecting us to keep paying as they ruin our yard.

We submitted a written letter to Harger requesting a refund as compensation for breach of contract and damages suffered as a direct result of Harger's breach. They ignored us completely.

I would not do business with them ever again. We use Boss Lawncare out of Layton, UT, now, a wonderful man who is so meticulous and reasonably priced.

Va

Comments

• Dw
      9th of Sep, 2010

I call [censor], Im Mr Harger, Its funny I have been in business for several years and this is the only complaint I get, the ladie complaining about everything is also being sued by the company that was taking care of her house witch she forgot to mention for liable, her yard was taking care of as agreed, when I took over the yard it was in very bad shape there had been several different types of grass planted in the back yard and it took me several fertilizings and replanting grass seed the entire summer to even get it close . the picture she put up was taken long after my service for we stop service in early Oct. unless otherwise agreed, after we stopped our service we asked her neighbors what they were like before they moved to california and they all said they were the neighbors from hell, its just sad that people like her have to try and get out of paying there bills in any way they can . Im a member of the utah B.B.B. check me out this is my one and only complaint ever.