Hardees / poor service

I have been a loyal customer of hardees in myrtle beach and columbia sc, charlotte, nc, and chattanooga, tn, eating there nearly every morning for 25 years. Until several years ago, when I had occasion to travel into alabama and had the misfortune to stop, as usual, at hardees.

I pulled up to the drive-through at hardees in bridgeport, al and ordered a sausage biscuit with mustard, and they handed me a bag containing a sausage biscuit. I was three miles down the road before I opened the wrapper, and realized that they had neither put mustard on the biscuit, nor put a mustard pack into the bag.

So I returned to the restaurant and went inside and asked the surly clerk who had waited on me if I could please speak to the manager. After a five minute wait, a pleasant looking manager spoke to me and I showed here the sausage biscuit and bag and absence of mustard. She politely apologized, and took the bag from me, went into the back and returned the bag to me and said she he had taken care of that problem, and smiled again, and I left the store feeling that my problem had been taken care of satisfactorily.

A mile away from the store, I opened the bag and pulled out my now cold sausage biscuit, unwrapped it, and found mustard leaking from every portion of the circumference of the biscuit.

Obviously, the biscuit now contained more mustard by weight than sausage. I returned to the restaurant, obtained a comment card, and completed and mailed it and got no reply from either the franchisee or franchisor.

Three years later I have still not gotten an apology from hardees, and I have taken my business elsewhere. I estimate that I have reduced hardees gross revenue by $4500 since this happened, and I would bet that the franchisee who hired the smiling manager still doesn't give a rip about his customer's satisfaction with their service levels in bridgeport. (Where hardees is the only fast food restaurant. )

I smile every time I pass through that town, however, since every single person I meet there is told my "mustard story", and they tell similar tales about their experiences there, and explain that the guy who owns the franchise doesn't care because he sleeps with the manager. So much for franchise standards and quality assurance at hardees.

• Crystal Coquyt's Response, Jun 01, 2017

I ordered my food and when Kyle brought my food he set it on the table and didn't say what it was or if I needed anything else. He wasn't polite and friendly at all. Very unhappy with the service. Don't think I will be coming back here again.

• Crystal Coquyt's Response, Jun 01, 2017

Service was bad. Kyle was rude and didn't ask me if I needed anything else. Just put it on the table and walked away.

• Crystal Coquyt's Response, Jun 01, 2017

Not happy with the service

Comments

14th of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - There service and how rude they are
    Jesup ga

Yes i went to Hardee's today around 4oclock in jesup ga, and this big boy came to the window and was being sooo rude and rolling his eyes talking bout I'm sorry mam i forgot your order it's just so much. then he gave me cold Fries and i wanted the mushroom burger and he gave me the wrong one and he gave me a Powerade instead of a coke when i told

• Ed
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Good and service
    Danielsville
    Georgia

I stopped by the Hardee's in Danielsville Georgia today to grab a burger. I ordered with NO MAYO like I always do. I guess no one that works there knows how to read. This is not the first time my order was messed up but I assure you it will be the last because I refuse to eat and spend my money somewhere that the staff can't get an order right.

• Ah
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Product
    Arad
    Bahrain

I ordered big hardy meal last night and the meal was awful, not the taste im used to have from hardees even though i orderd for pick up at midnight the staff should be full aware of what they are providing, the beef patty was burnt from the edges the fries was to hard almost no sauce - not much cheese like quarter of tea spoon

21st of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Poor food quality
    Tampa
    Florida

On Friday March 16, 2018 I went for a fish sandwich to bring home for dinner. I live less than 10 minutes from this location. It was as if the fish was fried for lunch and microwaved for 5 minutes prior to being placed on the bun.

• Je
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Drive through horrible food not cooked
    Wartburg
    Tennessee

Went to hardees in wartburg tn to get me and my family dinner and waited 15 minutes just to get home with food that was horrible. The Frisco burger wasn't fully cooked the bin wasn't toasted and the bacon was raw. The fries were horribly cold and hard my 5 yr old wouldn't even eat them.

• Co
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - The workers are lazy and rude
    Birmingham
    Alabama

Couldn't take order due to a suppose shift change pull around front and saw them on their phones

• Se
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Advertising on the Hardee's website $5 All Star Meal
    hardees.com

I am appalled and insulted at the advertising on the Hardee's website under the $5 All Star Meals particularly the double charbroiled cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and 20 oz soda. Under the 20 oz soda it says;

20 OZ DRINK
    Because "water cups" are for liars.

Not all people like to drink sodas and are NOT thieves!!!

• Li
    Hardee's Restaurants - Customer service
    Bismarck, nd

The manager (sue) is the rudest person ever. She treats her employees horrible, when she is in a bad mood, no one can ask her anything. Very unprofessional person, yelling at them in front of customers. She needs a serious attitude adjustment or new job!

Never going back in that place 🙁

• Ni
    Hardee's Restaurants - Accuracy
    Mayfield
    Kentucky

Ordered 3 bacon&cheese thickburger combos with only ketchup. They had Lett, Tom, etc on them and did not receive all 3 fries

• As
    Hardee's Restaurants - Hardee's in Roebuck sc
    Roebuck
    South Carolina

I have had issues with there food being cold and they charged my debit card 3 times and gave me the run around about getting my money back. Very poor customer service

• Bi
    Hardee's Restaurants - Service
    Columbus
    Hardees.com

Service is not good THE MANAGERS DO NOT CARE! Cashier in the window was very and on the headset. My food was wrong i order a bacon egg and cheese with extra bacon and i told them it wasnt no extra bacon on it..

• Su
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - the all star combo
    Cumberland, Kentuckyc

I am complaining about the food I have got in location in Cumberland Kentucky has made me sick plus Frye's always cold the servants there are not nice

• Na
    Hardee's Restaurants - 3 piece chicken tender meal
    Riyadh, Siteen street Malz
    Saudi Arabia
    hardees.sa

The picture displayed on the menu board and booklet of the chicken tenders was very interesting and I ordered it. Once I got my order the tenders were of entirely different shape and texture. This was unbelievable for me that Hardee's can do this thing to customers.

Hardee's Restaurants - drive thu crew member was rude
    Creston, IowaCreston

A crew member was very rude to me in the drivethru 9/28/17 5:30 pm. She was slamming things around and cursing. She was representing your establishment in a very disrespectful manor. She was yellin at crew memebers . I will not be returning during the night shift .

• Le
    Hardee's Restaurants - having to park everytime I go through drive through
    Sumter
    South Carolina

I we through the drive through spent 30.00 on food and told to park. They couldn't even give me an estimated time my food would be ready but Two cars behind me recieved there food. The excuse the manager told me is that they have people in there lobby. Add if I'm not a customer too!

• Re
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - hot ham and cheese combo, and one taco
    Liberty, KentuckyLiberty

I didn't receive my whole order
    Had to drive back to get my taco
    By that time getting back thru the waiting line my other food was cold and nasty
    The manager was very rude
    The price for this was uncalled for when it wasn't even eatable. The bun was soggy so,
    I ended up throwing it away

• Tr
    Hardee's Restaurants - service - special order
    Shawano
    Wisconsin

I visited the shawano hardees location (#1501252) on october 12 at 2:15 pm. I had only one special request... No mustard. Clearly the message was not received. Thanks for nothing.

• Sh
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - food
    Spartanburg
    South Carolina

I went to the hardee's in cedar springs shopping center, spartanburg, sc 29302. I ordered three biscuits but they were burnt and hard. I tried calling hardee's four times but nobody answered. The last time I called the fax machine was turned on so it did not ring.

• Lo
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - big bag lunch
    Bainbridge
    Georgia

I liked the big bag lunch for me and my wife would get 2 to 3 times a week and split it for lunch, but there is not a 2 hamburber meal offered in the big star meal. The big bag lunch was the best loved the hamburgers

18th of Sep, 2018
    Hardee's Restaurants - Really bad food
    Middletown
    Ohio

Hot dog to shriveled and hard to bite. Didn't have pennies to give us change buns breaking waited 36 minutes on drive thru fries so hard you can't bite but you can snap them in half. This is a new resturant and it is so sad it needs fixed we love eating harder a but never again at this one that makes me sad cause it's close to home. Please help