Harbor Freight / Nss Subscription Service / gave my credit card number without my approval!

Almost six months ago I received a notice in the mail from Harbor Freight indicating that I had accumulated bonus points and was being offered “free” magazine subscriptions as a means to redeem those points. Being “free” I decided to take advantage of the offer. This service is apparently handled by a NSS Subscription Service in Stamford, CT. I did not give NSS my credit card number, yet since September 2006 a credit card that I had previously used for on-line orders with Harbor Freight was charged $7.97 for each magazine subscription and, in at least two cases, I was charged twice for the same magazine subscription. I did not knowingly agree to any of this. Within the past week they hit me for another $42. I have no idea what that charge is for. I have opened a dispute with my credit card company, but I may not be able to get all of the money back. I am extremely upset with Harbor Freight that they gave my credit card number to this subscription company without my approval and that they engage in scams such as this.

I have a farming operation and have been a customer of Harbor Freight for many years. I have bought lots of expensive equipment and tools from them via the Internet, mail, and, especially, from one of their regional warehouses. However, now that I can no longer trust Harbor Freight with my credit card number and because I do not like being scammed by anyone (e.g., "free" magazine subscriptions), they have lost me as a customer. There are more than enough alternatives out here (e.g., Northern Tools). Be careful who you do business with!

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Sep, 2007

I went to the Harbor Freight store in Kennesaw Ga two times to pick up tools needed. First I was one minute late and was told they were closed- I ask the sales person to check and see if what I wonted was available-- he said it was--so I returned the next morning and ask another sales person if my order was pulled --:" Told we don't pull orders"' If yoyu wont it go get it" The tools I wonted were locked up behind glass doors so I could not get to them. Went back to sales person and ask again and was told we now don't have any when I was looking at the item in question behind a glass door.There is only one person at that store that will help a customer. All the rest are the back side for a horse.- I was going to spend well over 500.00 with this order but Home Depot has the same things a bit more expensive but they do care Harbor Freight does not care if a customer come back or not.
    I had 12 items that I wonted and needed for my business plus some paint brushes which were on sale, and the lady sales person was so rude i will not go back you have just lost a customer.

R.E. Strozier.

• Cu
      16th of Sep, 2007

You customers were and will remain mother###ing ###s.

• Vo
      24th of Nov, 2009

Nita and Nikki and dirty and smelly. Completely worthless...fire them!

• Xi
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Harbor Freight Tools - Supervisor Mark had very bad service at a cash register
    Tampa
    Florida

Hi Sir. / Madam,
    I had very bad experience with Mark at 12:31:53pm on 5/18/2018.
    The Supervisor Mark made a mistake to charge me a item (only cost $2.39), which he should take off from register, but made me to wait the line to get a refund. So I had to wait 15 more minutes to get $2.56 (after tax)!

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Harbor Freight Tools - cover pro 10x17 portable garage.

the units are great. the fact that no replacement covers are available has me a bit bewildered. WHY NOT?????? It would be cheaper to ship replacement tarps or covers then you have to ship all that metal. Not happy.