Harbor Freight / Nss Subscription Service / gave my credit card number without my approval!
Almost six months ago I received a notice in the mail from Harbor Freight indicating that I had accumulated bonus points and was being offered “free” magazine subscriptions as a means to redeem those points. Being “free” I decided to take advantage of the offer. This service is apparently handled by a NSS Subscription Service in Stamford, CT. I did not give NSS my credit card number, yet since September 2006 a credit card that I had previously used for on-line orders with Harbor Freight was charged $7.97 for each magazine subscription and, in at least two cases, I was charged twice for the same magazine subscription. I did not knowingly agree to any of this. Within the past week they hit me for another $42. I have no idea what that charge is for. I have opened a dispute with my credit card company, but I may not be able to get all of the money back. I am extremely upset with Harbor Freight that they gave my credit card number to this subscription company without my approval and that they engage in scams such as this.
I have a farming operation and have been a customer of Harbor Freight for many years. I have bought lots of expensive equipment and tools from them via the Internet, mail, and, especially, from one of their regional warehouses. However, now that I can no longer trust Harbor Freight with my credit card number and because I do not like being scammed by anyone (e.g., "free" magazine subscriptions), they have lost me as a customer. There are more than enough alternatives out here (e.g., Northern Tools). Be careful who you do business with!
More Harbor Freight / Nss Subscription Service Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Freight Tools - don't buy from them 
- Harbor Freight - misleading advertising 
- Harbor Freight Tools - declined check 
- Harbor Freight Tools - false advertising 
- Harbor Freight Tools - woeful service
- Harbor Freight Tools - employee accused me of being a thief
- Harbor Freight Tools - store manager of bluefield west virginia store
- Harbor Freight Tools - tools
- Harbor Freight Tools - unfair employee treatment 
- Harbor Freight Tools - mail order department of harbor freight tools and products