Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fanremote control not working

I bought a ceiling fan from Lowe's, it was a Harbor Breeze fan see picture in closed. The remote control stopped working after two week. I replaced the batteries . They lasted 2 weeks before stopping This has been 4 months now and I have gone through countless amounts of batteries. Now the remote doesn't work at all. The control is just as expensive as the fan. They should replace the remote for free. I only had mine for two weeks and it went out I had to pay someone to install the fan and now Ill have to replace it and pay to have it removed and installed again but I promise you this it will not be a harbor breeze ceiling fan nor will I buy it from Lowe's . this is the ceiling fan that I have I also will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
My Name is Barbara Dixon
my contact information is 2447 Carl Ct Wixom, Mi 48393 my phone number is [protected]
my email is barbarajoey.[protected]@gmail.com
Feel free to contact me at any time.
I also will be checking into a small claims suit as to all of the charges of the fan the install charges and the replacement charges I'm going to also post this letter on my Facebook account and send it to any new station who will listen to me.

Harbor Breeze Platinum Santa Ana 48-in Brushed Nickel Indoor Down-rod Mount Ceiling Fan with Light Kit and Remote
Rating 4.41 out of 5 stars (46 Reviews)
$159.00
Qty.:1
Harbor Breeze Platinum Santa Ana 48-in Brushed Nickel Indoor Downrod Mount Ceiling Fan with Light Kit and Remote
Item #: 464466 Model #: LP8294LBN
Contemporary style 48-in diameter, Indoor only brushed nickel ceiling fan with integrated frosted glass light kit
Remote control features include: Seasonal reverse switch, Natural Breeze: alternating fan speeds for a natural wind sensation, Sleep Ease: automatic...
Two java finish blades
Lowe's Store White Lake, MI

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan

Ba
Nov 09, 2014

Comments

• Dj
      Jan 18, 2015

I am having the same problem. The remote did work for a few weeks and then after turning on the fan, the remote would not turn it off. The only way to turn it off was to set the timer. Now the light is on and it won't go off. The remote is the only control. The battery is working because the red light blinks. The battery has been changed a couple of times. There is no one available to answer questions about this. The reset does not work either. The light stays on all the time and we are really inconvenienced by this. We bought this fan for the look and not the brand, so next time we will know better. If anyone has any answers, it would be nice if you would share your solutions.

• Pa
      Jan 18, 2015

Same problem here. Brand new fan. Worked a few times but was unresponsive after a short while. Remote battery is good. I do hear a 'beep' sound when putting the wall switch on. Remote doesn't talk to the fan anymore. ugh!

• Ba
      May 09, 2015

i HAVE THE TEOLO HARBOR BREEZE FAN- SAME THING. REMOTE JUST STOPPED WORKING,

• Ea
      Jul 04, 2015

Same here. I bought Santa Ana a year ago for my rental property. The design is beautiful, and that is all the good comment I can write. It stopped working in two weeks. The renter naturally did not appreciate it. One year later, I am in the process to throw it in the garbage. What a waste! About $180 and used for less than 30 minutes.

• Xe
      Sep 11, 2015

Similar problem with the remote, it's not talking to the fan. Look at your warranty, lifetime on motor, 2 years on other components. We are taking ours back unless the remote is an easy replacement.

• Cz
      Sep 11, 2015

I posted a response about a month ago but it seems no one read it or paid much attention to it. Simply buy a can of electronic contact cleaner spray, open the battery compartment of the remote, spray the contact area of the buttons and 90% of the time your problem will be solved.

• Cc
      May 16, 2017

@czwerling I just tried your solution, and it worked! Thanks.

• Su
      Mar 25, 2016

Less than a year ago I bought Harbor Breeze fan- I didn't use it much-then one morning -remote turned on light and fan to full blast-and then nothing- I did press buttons with iPhone camera as suggested- it worked once- now nothing- REALLY my last fan- not Harbor Breeze - lasted 35 years- I thought I would get a really nice fan-I keep seeing the same complaint- I hired an electrician to put it in -so I can't " simply fix the short-I have to pay to have it fixed or taken down and replaced-not believing this-please fix the fan so others don't have to go through this- this is turning out to be a very expensive fan-THANKS

• Al
      Apr 26, 2017

Same thing here...light is at least stuck in the off position. Fan works but only in one mode. Changed batteries no luck it's just dead.

• Ro
      Mar 05, 2018

Maybe it to late but the remote control don't work