Haplin Data Services Grand Slam / unfairly and fraudulently targeting senior citizens for cash

1 Locked Bag 32Bundall, Queensland, Australia Review updated:

I received a mailer claiming that I was a Grand Slam Winner and asking for $10. It's wrong, illegal, and infuriating. Why are they trying to steal from me? When is someone going to do something about all these fraudulent direct mail targeting of senior citizens!?

Comments

• Ze
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I have been getting letters also claiming that I am a grand slam winner. I have received numerous letters and unfortunately I have sent $10.00 cash in one of them. Wish I had searched the web first. Please do something about this and get them off the streets. Thank you.

• Pa
      26th of Jan, 2009

My Grandmother in USA, has also received similar info from this company except they went further to calling her, and leaving messages that she could claim her prise by buying a ticket to fly here. This was after she told them how much she wanted to visit family in AUS. This company has got to stop, its hurting our parents and grandparents, with dreams and wishes and then dissappointment, hardest part is she cant comprehend that they are not real, she is too trusting. However we are no tracing and recording all calls, So good luck to them.

• Me
      24th of Oct, 2009

At this sunny day in October 2009, I also received a strange orange letter, that tried to make me happy by giving me the lucky message that I won a grand slam. They asked me to send 10 swiss francs, and the rest would follow...
    Happierwise, I dind't really feel happy, because I never payed money to the Haplin Data Company. How can they make me gain a huge amount of money without ever having payed something? It's not logically explainable, thus it cannot be true. From where and because of what reason could I be the happiest person, becoming rich by a huge donation of money at a beautiful day in autumn?
    Like the trees make fall their leafs, such a company can not throw its money because it's not dead. And I myself don't want to fall on the earth like a dried leaf, having lost its character of being an honest born creature. So, I feel the joy, not to fall down, and put the "Happiest letter" in the garbage.