Hank's Fine Furniture / Poor Quality, Rude Staff

1645 E Independence StSpringfield, MO, United States Review updated:
4.75
Phone: (417) 889-6660

This company should be ashamed of itself.
We purchased our bedroom set in May 2005.
The first delivery to us contained a cracked headboard. They did not warn me of this until the furniture arrived and the delivery man asked me if we still wanted it.
WHAT?
No, we did not ORDER defective furniture, so we declined it and requested a new headboard.
The armoire that we received had a big crack in the bottom - like a piece had been broken off. A few days later, I found the broken off piece in my front yard! Obviously one of the delivery guys broke it off and instead of telling me what happened, he just threw the piece in my yard. ugh.
Also - we ordered a "center support bar" and I assumed that it would be metal. So, as I watched the delivery guy pull out a large board and hammer it onto the frame, I asked if THAT was our $50 support bar. He said yes.
A few months later, they finally delivered our new armoire to replace the one they BROKE during delivery. I made the mistake of not thoroughly checking it out and later I opened the door and one of the doors was not even attached! Also - the inside of the armoire was not even the same finish as the rest of it.
Also - when we got our new bed, the drawers on the bottom did not even match up, so we can't shut them without slamming them shut.

OK... so this can be resolved, right? Just send us new furniture because we PAID for NEW furniture - not DEFECTIVE furniture. BUT... they refused! They just wanted to "fix" everything - not replace it. Then when I went to talk to the Manager, he got VERY VERY confrontational... he even stood up and got in my face and YELLED at me in his showroom.
So - I called the headquarters. The woman was pleasant - at first. She claimed she'd "take care of the situation" and get back to me in a few days. A few days passed and I heard nothing. I called her, left her messages, tried to get in touch with her for about a week. I finally got in touch with her and her "tune" had completely changed. She was RUDE and said there was nothing they could do.
So, now we are stuck with $2500 worth of poorly made furniture that Hanks refused to do anything about.
DO NOT SHOP AT HANKS. Yes, the showroom looks nice, but their furniture is JUNK and their customer service is even worse!!
They truly should be ashamed of themselves!
Cs

Comments

Cs
  14th of Nov, 2008
I forgot to mention... the "center support bar" was supposed to be a metal bar with a leg on it. When I went to talk to the manager, I asked about it. He told me what it was supposed to be and I told him that I didn't get it - I got just a big piece of wood hammered onto the frame.
He said, "Well, you signed for it, so you obviously got it."
I told him that I had asked the delivery guy if the board was the "support bar" and he said yes.
He started to argue and say that he would pull out my delivery form to show that I signed for it.
When I told him that since I was not in the furniture business I did not know what it was supposed to look like. I told him that obviously the delivery guy was not being truthful - he was the one who knew what it was and lied to me when I asked if the board was what I paid for.
That's when he jumped up out of his chair and started YELLING at me that I was not allowed to call his drivers liars... uh, WHAT!? Obviously they were lying!
I seriously could go on and on about all that happened.
We didn't even receive the last pieces of furniture until more than 6 months later!
They won't stand behind their warranty, their customer service - both at the store and at their corporate headquarters is AWFUL and no one deserves the headaches we had while dealing with them!
DON'T SHOP AT HANKS!!!
Re
  12th of Apr, 2010
I can't believe that consumers do not read the warranties that they receive when they get their merchandise. Obviously these people did not. How does anyone know what goes on in someones home other than the people that live in the home. These people obviously moved their furniture and did not set it back up right. Now they want to put the blame on the ones who sold it to them not taking any responsibilty themselves. Purchased in 2005? I have never bought anything that had over a 1 year warranty, unless i purchased a extended warranty.
Re
  13th of Apr, 2010
Responder 1, you obviously are not reading the comments. You have egg on your face! Your beloved Hank's just plain sucks with service after the sale. Oh look another support left out of a bed! Imagine that! Oh look the service guy tried to put another band aid over a screw up from Hank's... Just hammered it on there huh?

Hank's Sucks people, how many people got screwed that didn't post a comment do you think are out there?
Ms
  11th of Sep, 2017
I am in the same position. I went on Labor Day 2017 and purchased a Pauls Deen set. The sales lady told me the sale was ending that day, I felt rushed and nervous. At the desk they tried to charge me a 1000.00 for a purchase I was placing on a furniture card. When I questioned it no one could explain it. Finally a lady came over and said we don't do that any more. Instead they required me to pay the sales tax of 322.24. I don't understand why I could not finance that, but I paid it. A few day later I found the perfect set that had enough pieces for me. I call to cancel the set that wasn't due to be delivered til late October or early November and was told I couldn't. I asked why not. I don't have in set ( a king bed and dresser for 3400.00). Stew - the manager, informed me I could go to another Hanks and look around. I told him absolutely not, and certainly not after the way he talked to me. Then he says, Well, you are going to lose your deposit. I asked him what deposit. The 322.24 I paid is listed as a sales tax. I told him that he did not mention a deposit nor did I give him one. He kept on talking and talking. I finally told him I was releasing the phone and seeking some more information. I called the home office on Friday. They ladies there appear willing to assist. At this point I am still waiting for a resolution and a call back. Lisa
Mm
  11th of Sep, 2017
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in your area.

Hank's Fine Furniture Logo Hank's Fine Furniture