Handyman Club of America / Mail Fraud
Dear Friends of Mine,
I clearly became a victim of fraud form the "Handymen Club of America". In an envelope labeled "Free gift inside" they sent me an unsolicited junk calendar for 2009 (you know, the type that companies usually send you for free). When I opened the envelope, in it were the calendar, a few junk sticker and an invoice for $21.99 ($16.99 for the calendar and $4.99 S+H). The stickers were "the free gift!!". Although I immediately returned the whole junk they kept resending the invoice every month since, telling me that I "kept" the product. When I tried to connect them on the phone to clear the issue, I was redirected and redirected and redirected to other and other clerks, who did not know anything and did not have any power to solve the issue. Finally the sent me a "Delinquency notice" frightening me that they will transfer my case to a debt collector, which could ruin my otherwise great credit scores.
I have every record in my file, sent them a registered letter of complain, submitted a complain to the Better Business Bureau, and to the office of the Governor of Minnesota, posted my issue on the Web (ComplaintsBoard.com, ISE-and-IS.org). Since I know, many of you are handyman and may as well be a member of this club, I am pasting this note on my Face Book Wall and again on the CompalintsBorad.com to find out whether any of you have experienced exactly the same misconduct from the same company. If you had, give me a shut of your case. In any way, I am considering a lawsuit against the Handymen Club of America. Once I see how many similar complaints I can collect from you, I might as well consider to go with a class action version. Dr Z Fulop
More Handyman Club of America Complaints & Reviews
- Handyman Club of America - frustrating and unauthorized membership! 
- Handyman Club of America - lifetime membership renewal? 
- Handyman Club of America - rip off company scam!!! 
- Handyman Club of America - unauthorized membership dues
- Handyman Club of America - gifts 
- HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - life membership
- HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - breach of contract
- HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - magazine member # 30219216
- HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime member benifits not honored again!
- Handyman Club of America - my lifetime membership