Handyman Club of America / lifetime member no longer getting benefits

Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:

Costumer # [protected]. Got me for big money to become Life time Member and then stopped sending magazine or any correspondence. All the customer phone numbers they provide on web site have been disconnected.Ya, I want my money back. I also get 'Family Handy Man' and have no problem with them. Executive Director Larry Okrend should be held accountable. I understand how people go postal, comes a point when we get tired of being taken advantage of. Come on, Somebody stand up for the little guy.

De
Jan 24, 2017

Comments

• Ri
      21st of Feb, 2017

I also am a "Life" member and just recently contacted the company at SCOUT and it appears that our subscriptions are now being purchesed by some other company as "SCOUT" has just gone through bankruptcy proceddings. Here is the email I recieved from Scout;
    Jonathan Jacobino (SCOUT Member Services)
    Feb 21, 3:23 PM EST
    Dear [protected]@gmail.com,
    Thank you for your email. Please be advised that on February 7, 2017, CBS 247 Inc. (“CBS”) purchased certain assets from Scout Media Inc. (“Scout Media”) in connection with Scout Media’s petition for relief under chapter 11 of the United States Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. If you have any issues or concerns in connection with your activities relating to Scout Media, including with respect to subscriptions purchased from Scout Media, you may make an inquiry and/or submit a claim at: http://dm.epiq11.com/#/case/SMI/info or by clicking here: CLICK HERE.
    Scout Staff

It should be noted that at least we can still log in at scout.com for some benefits!