Handyman Club of America / rude collection letter from rmcb!

My dad is 83 years old and I am attempting to help him with his bills and mail. Recently he got a letter from RMCB, Inc., a collection agency attempting to collect a payment of $301 for Handyman Club of America Lifetime membership. My dad did not authorize a lifetime membership in this club. The letter says he has been "enrolled" since December 4, 2003. My dad has no memory of ever receiving anything from Handyman Club of America.

My dad has trouble hearing on the telephone so I called the telephone number for RMCB, Inc. and got a recording. I entered his pin number and selected the prompt "Did not authorize these charges." I would have appreciated being able to speak to a customer service representative to get some assurance that the problem was taken care of. The letter from RMCB was rude and intimidating and totally inappropriate in a situation where absolutely nothing was ordered and nothing received from this bogus "Handyman Club of America." I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

i'm retired now an look forward to the mags/like ssi/and IG info from va what the deal???????????????????????????

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

this is were the cuts starts?????

• [email protected]'s Response, Mar 31, 2018

haven't received my magazines in a long time what happen.please contact me at [email protected] a lifetime member my # 30334131 .

• T.V. Weaver's Response, Jun 15, 2018

Is anyone home?

• ibbarr's Response, Oct 14, 2018

Lifetime Member promised magazine for life! It's been over a year since I heard from Handyman.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

30th of Nov, 2006

I got a very rude collections letter from RMCB attempting to collect $301 for a "lifetime membership" to Handyman Club of America. I have never heard of this club and have received nothing from them except for this collections letter. I called the number on the letter and got a recording. I have no way of knowing whether this was taken care of. The Handyman Club of America website requires you to sign up for a trial membership to even get onto the site and they give no phone numbers to allow one to call them directly. This is very frustrating.

• Ke
      23rd of Feb, 2007

I paid 24.00 11/27/06 for a magazine and have never received it, thought i was supposed to get one every month and have not gotten any so far. also i would like a postage paid label to send back a book that was sent that i do not want. There is a label but says you have to put 2.26 on it for postage. Teith Martin 42136 hickory rd. Oakland Iowa. 51560

• Ro
      17th of May, 2008

I joined this club with a check#2668 dated28 Jan.08 and the check was accepted and canceled by my bank,
    however scince that date, I have received (2) two
    letters asking for renewal of my membership for three
    years. Since my original membership was for (3) three years, I fail to see why the request for renewal is necessary. You state the request is to reduce the cost
    of sending out renewal notices but you continue to
    send this letter. Where is the logic? Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing? Just so you knowwho I am, my membership #07439215 is posted with this message and I am asking that you refrain from sending this unnecessary and costly notice.

• Al
      4th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - membership
    Dunnellon
    Florida

Life member since 1995 #065140 Haven't heard or received anything for a few years. Just came across my life member card with the member# What happened?

• Uf
      13th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - rip off
    Minnesota

What ever happened to the magazines? I thought I was a lifetime member # 04003300, but I haven't gotten a magazine for so many months I can't remember. I do not remember how long it has been since I got a magazine. The same is true of the cooking club and gardening club. They were supposed to be lifetime memberships and nothing.

13th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime membership
    Canada

i have not received my magazine for over a year now, nor have i received any correspondence from the handyman club of america . i payed for a life time membership, have not moved, have the same contact information. please forward all missed magazines, and continue with my subscription!

• Ky
      11th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - not get magazine any more!!!

I am a life member #30586647, and I am not getting the magazine anymore, what seems to be the problem I am still at the same address I was at when I became a life member in 2009, can't get a response from the phone numbers I have tried. I am disappointed in how things are being handled. Please provide me with the reasons why this is happening.

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Not receiving my Lifetime subscription years and since have moved and now have a new e mail address.

Lifetime Member number: 3057947

[email protected]

• Wp
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - No corrospondence
    Minnesota

No magazine delivered and no product as promised.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime mebership
    Excelsior Springs
    Missouri

I am a lifetime member number 30354670 and I have not received a magazine in over a year my name is michael trail 1040 hickory st excelsior springs mo 64024 phone 608-346-9810

Handyman Club of America - Life membership
    33 Harold Ave
    Westfield
    Massachusetts

I have been a life member for over 12 years, I haven't received any magazines in over two years. So much for a life membership

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - My life time membership

I had paid for a lifetime membership and I just realized I no longer get the handyman magazine. I think my life has not ended as I file this complaint I still have a pulse and a breathing so why do I not receive the magazine??
    Fred Portz

19th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - no magazines since 2014.
    box 1108
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

i havent received a magazine since fall of 2014.

• Da
      20th of Nov, 2018
    Handyman Club of America - No Magizines

I paid for Lifetime Membership, I am no longer getting my magazines, why?

• Wa
    Handyman Club of America - Life member magazine

I have not received my magazine in a long time. I'm a life member #30140484, since 1/00 Warren Davis, 6272 Debbie Cir., Hayes, VA 23072 Please respond my e-mail is: [email protected]

• Ro
      14th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - life time membership
    unknown
    HANDYMAGAZINE.COM

my membership # is 30316126. I paid over 300. dollars for a life time membership and they stopped sending it to me.

• Pe
      14th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - no magazins
    Inglis
    Florida

I'm a life member since 2005 and the last magazine I received was in the fall of 2014. Please send all further issue to the address below.
    Perry Walters
    11240 N Northwoods Dr
    Lot 58
    Inglis FL 34449

• Am
      15th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

I became a lifetime member years ago and like many was receiving the magazine until recently. This was after paying over $300.00 for the membership. What happened? If a class action goes forward I would like to be included. [email protected] is where I can be reached.

• Tv
      16th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - delivery of magazine
    Leeds
    Alabama

I have been a life member for years. Member #30024916 but havent heard from the club in years. Can you help? I also would like to be added back to the testing list as I have expierence in carpentary and mechanical (plumbing/sheetmetal fab) an roofing.
    T.V. Weaver

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Where is my magazine?

I have been a Handyman Club of America Life member for about 20 years, but I don't think I have received the magazine for at least 2 years, maybe more. What's going on?
    Dave Parees