Handyman Club of America / rude collection letter from rmcb!

My dad is 83 years old and I am attempting to help him with his bills and mail. Recently he got a letter from RMCB, Inc., a collection agency attempting to collect a payment of $301 for Handyman Club of America Lifetime membership. My dad did not authorize a lifetime membership in this club. The letter says he has been "enrolled" since December 4, 2003. My dad has no memory of ever receiving anything from Handyman Club of America.

My dad has trouble hearing on the telephone so I called the telephone number for RMCB, Inc. and got a recording. I entered his pin number and selected the prompt "Did not authorize these charges." I would have appreciated being able to speak to a customer service representative to get some assurance that the problem was taken care of. The letter from RMCB was rude and intimidating and totally inappropriate in a situation where absolutely nothing was ordered and nothing received from this bogus "Handyman Club of America." I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

i'm retired now an look forward to the mags/like ssi/and IG info from va what the deal???????????????????????????

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

this is were the cuts starts?????

• [email protected]'s Response, Mar 31, 2018

haven't received my magazines in a long time what happen.please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.iam a lifetime member my # 30334131 .

• T.V. Weaver's Response, Jun 15, 2018

Is anyone home?

• ibbarr's Response, Oct 14, 2018

Lifetime Member promised magazine for life! It's been over a year since I heard from Handyman.

Comments

• Pl
      31st of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime Membership

Became a Life Member in April of 1994. Member # 106449. Was receiving everything fine up until 2015, then started getting re-newel notices in the mail, filed out the notice stating I was already a Life Member with my Member # attached. Have not received or heard anything from them since.

• Jr
      1st of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Life membership
    Hopkins
    handymanclub.com

Account 10088764 just adding to the list of complaints about not getting benefits please add me to any class action law suites I can be reached at [protected]@gmail.com

• Al
      4th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - membership
    Dunnellon
    Florida

Life member since 1995 #065140 Haven't heard or received anything for a few years. Just came across my life member card with the member# What happened?

• Ar
      11th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lack of communication from the club.
    Hopkins
    Minnesota

I am a life member of THCOA. My membership # 30578176. I have not received a magazine in a couple of years. What's up with that?

• Ky
      11th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - not get magazine any more!!!

I am a life member #30586647, and I am not getting the magazine anymore, what seems to be the problem I am still at the same address I was at when I became a life member in 2009, can't get a response from the phone numbers I have tried. I am disappointed in how things are being handled. Please provide me with the reasons why this is happening.

• Mi
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Life time membership

I have not received a magazine in at least two years, what's up with this!

Mike Brooks
    41 Pioneer Village
    Council Grove Ks. 68466

Membership #30309731

• Pa
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Life membership
    Wakefield
    Massachusetts

I have been a life member for years, I can't remember the last time I seen a magazine. What happen to my life membership?

• Je
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime memmbership

I have not got my magazine or any info, and can't find and thing on the internet about this co. what is going on

• Sw
      13th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - No magazines for over a year!!!! Lifetime member until you pay them and then they stop providing the services you paid for.
    Rogers City
    Michigan

I paid for lifetime membership and haven't heard from them in over 2years. No magazines no contact nothing but a cashed check stub.

13th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Have not received any magazines or correspondence from them for quite some time, and I am a Life Member.
    Minnesota

My membership number is 50646 73 and I have been a Life Member since 17 Sept 2003. I wish to continue to receive the magazine, so hopefully you can rectify the situation.

• Ha
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - life membership
    Oil City
    Pennsylvania

I paid for a life membership several years ago, received the magazine and some times mail and offers from them for a while, then it all stopped . I have not heard from them in the the last couple years.
    I always looked for to receiving the magazines, they were well written and very informative .

• Uf
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - rip off
    Minnesota

What ever happened to the magazines? I thought I was a lifetime member # 04003300, but I haven't gotten a magazine for so many months I can't remember. I do not remember how long it has been since I got a magazine. The same is true of the cooking club and gardening club. They were supposed to be lifetime memberships and nothing.

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime membership
    Canada

i have not received my magazine for over a year now, nor have i received any correspondence from the handyman club of america . i payed for a life time membership, have not moved, have the same contact information. please forward all missed magazines, and continue with my subscription!

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime mebership
    Excelsior Springs
    Missouri

I am a lifetime member number 30354670 and I have not received a magazine in over a year my name is michael trail 1040 hickory st excelsior springs mo 64024 phone 608-346-9810

HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - My life time membership

I had paid for a lifetime membership and I just realized I no longer get the handyman magazine. I think my life has not ended as I file this complaint I still have a pulse and a breathing so why do I not receive the magazine??
    Fred Portz

Handyman Club of America - Life membership
    33 Harold Ave
    Westfield
    Massachusetts

I have been a life member for over 12 years, I haven't received any magazines in over two years. So much for a life membership

• Wp
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - No corrospondence
    Minnesota

No magazine delivered and no product as promised.

19th of Nov, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - no magazines since 2014.
    box 1108
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

i havent received a magazine since fall of 2014.

• Wa
    Handyman Club of America - Life member magazine

I have not received my magazine in a long time. I'm a life member #30140484, since 1/00 Warren Davis, 6272 Debbie Cir., Hayes, VA 23072 Please respond my e-mail is: [protected]@gmail.com

• St
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Handyman Club - I am a life member and stop geting anything from them.
    Ocala Floridaocala