Handyman Club of America / rude collection letter from rmcb!

My dad is 83 years old and I am attempting to help him with his bills and mail. Recently he got a letter from RMCB, Inc., a collection agency attempting to collect a payment of $301 for Handyman Club of America Lifetime membership. My dad did not authorize a lifetime membership in this club. The letter says he has been "enrolled" since December 4, 2003. My dad has no memory of ever receiving anything from Handyman Club of America.

My dad has trouble hearing on the telephone so I called the telephone number for RMCB, Inc. and got a recording. I entered his pin number and selected the prompt "Did not authorize these charges." I would have appreciated being able to speak to a customer service representative to get some assurance that the problem was taken care of. The letter from RMCB was rude and intimidating and totally inappropriate in a situation where absolutely nothing was ordered and nothing received from this bogus "Handyman Club of America." I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

i'm retired now an look forward to the mags/like ssi/and IG info from va what the deal???????????????????????????

• puppy-puppy's Response, Dec 17, 2017

this is were the cuts starts?????

• mvr692@yahoo.com's Response, Mar 31, 2018

haven't received my magazines in a long time what happen.please contact me at mvr692@yahoo.com.iam a lifetime member my # 30334131 .

• T.V. Weaver's Response, Jun 15, 2018

Is anyone home?

• ibbarr's Response, Oct 14, 2018

Lifetime Member promised magazine for life! It's been over a year since I heard from Handyman.

Comments

30th of Nov, 2006

I got a very rude collections letter from RMCB attempting to collect $301 for a "lifetime membership" to Handyman Club of America. I have never heard of this club and have received nothing from them except for this collections letter. I called the number on the letter and got a recording. I have no way of knowing whether this was taken care of. The Handyman Club of America website requires you to sign up for a trial membership to even get onto the site and they give no phone numbers to allow one to call them directly. This is very frustrating.

• Ke
      23rd of Feb, 2007

I paid 24.00 11/27/06 for a magazine and have never received it, thought i was supposed to get one every month and have not gotten any so far. also i would like a postage paid label to send back a book that was sent that i do not want. There is a label but says you have to put 2.26 on it for postage. Teith Martin 42136 hickory rd. Oakland Iowa. 51560

• Ro
      17th of May, 2008

I joined this club with a check#2668 dated28 Jan.08 and the check was accepted and canceled by my bank,
    however scince that date, I have received (2) two
    letters asking for renewal of my membership for three
    years. Since my original membership was for (3) three years, I fail to see why the request for renewal is necessary. You state the request is to reduce the cost
    of sending out renewal notices but you continue to
    send this letter. Where is the logic? Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing? Just so you knowwho I am, my membership #07439215 is posted with this message and I am asking that you refrain from sending this unnecessary and costly notice.

• Pe
      14th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - no magazins
    Inglis
    Florida

I'm a life member since 2005 and the last magazine I received was in the fall of 2014. Please send all further issue to the address below.
    Perry Walters

14th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - life time membership
    unknown
    HANDYMAGAZINE.COM

my membership # is 30316126. I paid over 300. dollars for a life time membership and they stopped sending it to me.

• Am
      15th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership

I became a lifetime member years ago and like many was receiving the magazine until recently. This was after paying over $300.00 for the membership. What happened? If a class action goes forward I would like to be included. Ammoendi01@yahoo.com is where I can be reached.

• Tv
      16th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - delivery of magazine
    Leeds
    Alabama
    hvac2009@charter.net

I have been a life member for years. Member #30024916 but havent heard from the club in years. Can you help? I also would like to be added back to the testing list as I have expierence in carpentary and mechanical (plumbing/sheetmetal fab) an roofing.
    T.V. Weaver

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Where is my magazine?

I have been a Handyman Club of America Life member for about 20 years, but I don't think I have received the magazine for at least 2 years, maybe more. What's going on?
    Dave Parees

20th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - magazine

• Cm
      28th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - lifetime membership magazine subscription
    Hopkins
    handymanclub.com

I have been a lifetime member of handyman club of America for over 20 years. Quite some time back, my magazines stopped. I now cannot find the proper website to log in to correct the error with my subscription.

Club MBR# 30094484 lifetime membership
    Charles Caudle
    10224 Oak Leaf Dr
    Olive Branch, Ms 38654-3340

cmcob2@gmail.com

• Pa
      29th of Aug, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Unethical Behavior

I am a Life Member of Handyman Club of America. I have not received a magazine in years, since they went to Scout.com. Why did I pay extra to become a Life Member and not get crap. I really believe they owe me money back. What a classless organization. Very, very disappointed.

• Pu

3rd of Sep, 2018
    Handyman Club of America - magazines
    Minnetonka
    handymanclub.com

a lifetime member have not heard anything. membership # 303846 since March 2004. address po box 785, Kimberling City Mo. 65686-0785

• La
      10th of Sep, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - my lifetime membership, magazines
    Soddy Daisy
    Tennessee

i paid for a lifetime membership and have not gotten anything from you in a long time, i feel you need to stand by your word or refund me all my money. laura holder 1618 mccallie ferry rd soddy daisy, tn 37379 423-242-5880 life member number 30622417

11th of Sep, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime Membership benefits...not living up to the promise

Like many others apparently, I too am a Lifetime Member but have not received any publications, or correspondence of any kind in quiet some time. This isn't right and I want to see what can be done about it.

• As
      11th of Sep, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - I paid for a Master Lifetime Membership and then nothing...

I also paid for a Master Lifetime Membership and they dropped all contact. I am unable to contact them and do not receive the magazine or any offers to rate tools or equipment. Please refund my membership fees to me or activate the service you originally sold us on.

Thanks,

Lawrence P
    asaplep@gmail.com

• Fe
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Magazine
    North Chelmsford
    Massachusetts

I paid lifetime membership many years ago. I don't remember when was the last time I received my magazine. Want to k ow status of my membership. What is the deal?

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Not receiving my Lifetime subscription years and since have moved and now have a new e mail address.
    Minnetonka

16th of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime membership of Mike Sullivan
    Herington
    Kansas

I have been a lifetime member since march of 2009. It has been a long time since I got my magazine. What is going on with you folks? Is this a rip-off?
    Have you taken our money and run?
    Bet you don't answer this.

• Ib
      21st of Oct, 2018
    HandyMan Club of America / Scout.com - Lifetime Member No Magazine or E-mails
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

Haven't heard from Handyman in over a year. I still see the magazine being published but I do not receive them. I would like to know what is going on? I paid for a lifetime membership.
    Sincerely, Gerard J. Barr Sr.
    6244 Montague St