Handyman Club of America / bad membership service

United States Review updated:

I am a Master Life member #[protected] have been a member since 2/1995. I have not received any kind of contact in some time, magazine or sells or tool test and the likes... I enjoy the magazine.. Have no ideal what is going on with the club. Payed a lot of money to be a part of a group that have a like in the some thing. Was wondering if they were still in business or not!

Gu
Jan 26, 2017

Comments

• Ri
      21st of Feb, 2017

I also am a "Life" member and just recently contacted the company at SCOUT and it appears that our subscriptions are now being purchesed by some other company as "SCOUT" has just gone through bankruptcy proceddings. Here is the email I recieved from Scout;
    Jonathan Jacobino (SCOUT Member Services)
    Feb 21, 3:23 PM EST
    Dear [protected]@gmail.com,
    Thank you for your email. Please be advised that on February 7, 2017, CBS 247 Inc. (“CBS”) purchased certain assets from Scout Media Inc. (“Scout Media”) in connection with Scout Media’s petition for relief under chapter 11 of the United States Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. If you have any issues or concerns in connection with your activities relating to Scout Media, including with respect to subscriptions purchased from Scout Media, you may make an inquiry and/or submit a claim at: http://dm.epiq11.com/#/case/SMI/info or by clicking here: CLICK HERE.
    Scout Staff

It should be noted that at least we can still log in at scout.com for some benefits!