Hands N Paws (Sophistication Alley Ltd) / Bad Customer Service

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I ordered some items from this website on October 3, 2007 (pet costume for Halloween). Although the confirmation email said that they recognized that this item was for Halloween and that I should receive it by that date, it never came. They have an online animated "help" system, which I attempted to utilize, but the responses from the animated 'helping' woman were so rude that I thought the system was broken.

On November 8th, I received notice from the company that my item had shipped and my credit card was to be charged. My tracking information stated that the items would be here November 13th (two weeks after Halloween). On November 15th, I went back to UPS to check out what might have happened to my items, and the information stated that the items had not even left their warehouse yet. I then emailed customer service to see why the conflicting information, and here's the response I got:

"Supposedly, you didn't read anything in your shipping notice. Suggest you go back and read it again. UPS doesn't always pick up the same day we send the notice especially on a large order. If we were going to scam you, we wouldn't have brought UPS on board to assist us. You sound paranoid."

I now recognize that their 'animated' help system wasn't broken, but that's the type of help that they give. I have yet to receive my items, yet to receive any satisfactory answers or assistance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING ITEMS FROM THIS SITE.

Comments

Mf
  5th of Nov, 2007
Hands N Paws (Sophistication Alley Ltd) - Company from hell!

Ordered over $400 worth of product, 3 1/2 weeks ago. When I realized oder not eve processed after 3 weeks and my credit card was charge the instant I order I tried to cancel and get them to not ship. The person that deals with customers is customer service from hell. 1st they changed the status of my order as completed when I had just checked before I sent email and it had not been processed. Then they lied to me and told me it had been shipped. I knew it was a lie as it had not even been processed. IF it was shipped it was shipped that day. After I told them DO NOT SHIP. They are playing game with my money!! I am dealing w/ 5 year old bullies. Just image the worst treatment you could receive by email and multiply by 100 and that is not even close. I still have not received tracking # after 5 days of very nasty emails from the assumed owner so I can send back if it has even been shipped. I know I will never get my money back if it is delivered. I just want my money back.

So far I am being ripped off. Here is latest email from this inhumane person. REad from bottom up to get correct order.

MIME-Version: 1.0 Today
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-88119-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Subject: Re: LARK FRANCIS IS A LIAR AND DID NOT READ HER ORDER CONFIRMATION
To: maillist@badcustomers09epo.co

Hand N Paws : nov. 5
We're keeping this on file for attorneys as evidence of your blackmail attempt, extortion and libel. Get yourself a lawyer honey.

ME: Nov. 5
sales@thesqueakywheel.com wrote: Nov 1
So where is MY refund???? Where is my tracking #???? I see I am not the only one you have been extremely rude to. and have ripped off. I have found 20 so far. Please credit my credit card. Do not act like you don't know what I am talking about. Just do the right thing. I should not have to play your games. YOU have ripped me off over $400 and I plan on the world knowing. So do the right thing Lark Francis

Hands N paw: Nov 1
If you want to name call, we will not respond at all and your email will be blocked. Nothing will be accomplished by your being rude just because you failed to read your order confirmation. We send it and ask you to read it precisely so you don't erupt down the road making accusations because you didn't bother to specify a deadline we were not aware of.

I will try to overlook your words and assume you're just stressed. I also will try to see where it is in shipping (I said it was in shipping, I do not know if it shipped). We explain on our site that items may ship from different locations. That's one of the problems trying to cancel it at a late date when no deadline was
confirmed up front. Your order could be broken down into several locales shipping by different method and it's alot of work to try to halt each one among hundreds of orders. If it's possible to retrieve all of your items from shipping, we will attempt to do so and then just process this as a late cancellation. If you checked the status, you'd see it says COMPLETE. We don't have a status that says SHIPPED so you wouldn't see that. All of this is explained on the site and again, in your order confirmation. That happens to be very good customer service, letting you know everything up front.

If you have to return the items as you receive them than so be it and you can write to see how we can accommodate that. Sometimes they can try to waive the restocking especially if the order is spread out in different packages. But again, a word of advice is to ask nicely. It accomplishes nothing to be nasty. It doesn't make people inclined to go out of their way.

Me: Nov 1st
I will be returning as soon as I receive. Very bad customer service. Please tell me what I need to do.. I will be looking on the date that it was sent. It had better not have been today. I checked the status of my order and it did not say it was shipped. So when was it shipped?????

End of Emails
...............

All I have done is ask for my money back and to not lie and play games with my money and this is the responces I have been getting. They have my money so they are playing games now. Still no tracking #. Still no credit to my credit card. This all could be taken care of if they would just give me a tracking # and credit my account.!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Do a google search and read all the similar experience with this company. Then you will understand that this is one of the worst businesses on the internet.

They have several pet supply web sites all under the name of Sophistication Alley Ltd

Li
  23rd of Dec, 2007

I was absolutely disgusted with the lack of customer service this "company" provided. I placed an order (over $160) on 11/26/07. Not only did I never receive any shipping info, I sent several emails asking what was going on with my order. It is 12/23 and I still have not received my order! They claim to have sent it out, but according to UPS, it isn't scheduled for delivery until 1/3/08! Hands n Paws is without a doubt the worst internet retailer I have ever dealt with! I will NEVER shop with them again, and will probably refuse the package if/when I ever get it.

Do
  4th of Jan, 2008

I purchased two "custom designed" raincoats. The payment was processed immediately. After 1 month of waiting I emailed the customer service- a very rude reply that ended with don't write us back anymore- I recieved after 2 mos only one of the two raincoats and it is a store bought Made in China absolotuly horrible product! I dont know what can be done about this company- but dont waste your time or money!

Be
  4th of Feb, 2008

I had problems with HandsNpaws /Sophistication alley.I did finally recieve damaged product after many e-mails.They were very insulting here is my final E-mail to them and their response

My E-mail:
I dont know why you are being a jerk about this, a happy customer comes back.!I will not order from you again .I have never had this difficulty ordering online before.The product is no longer even anything I need anymore because it took so long to receive.If you were closed you should have made that clear at the time of placing the order.Or not accept orders when you are closed. I am the happy owner of 4 dogs and you have lost any chance of getting anymore of my money as well as anyone I know.

Their response
From: HandsNpaws [mailto:mail@handsnpaws.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:07 PM
To: Subject: RE: FEEDBACK: Order 4626 : order still not recvieved

There's nothing about you that's "happy" or made us think we wanted you back. you sound like you have a disability that also affects your reading comprehension because we did say we were closed. Still do actually because we haven't had time to change it. It's always a joke that people with the smallest orders think they have such pull to be bulllies and rude. Lady, the reality check is that we've been in business 7 years, have many celebrity and upscale clients often spending $3k an order. They're the NICEST. We'll never miss you or your stinky attitude.

Nice HUH!!

Bo
  5th of Feb, 2008

I wish I'd read this before I ordered from this company. That long, detailed stuff that you're sent when you order specifically says that you can email repeatedly until you get the answer you want. Well, I did, asking what the status was for my order. Some idiot asked me don't you have enough to do with your time? He then told me that my repeated emails were "spam." I told that idiot to read his own email; YOUR company says to email repeatedly. Of course there was no response. I got an email that my stuff should be coming in a couple of days. I'm holding my breath. Incidently, I found the company that made the item I was looking for and could have ordered it myself. A bunch of low lifes. Never again.

Ad
  18th of Apr, 2008

I totally agree! They are absolutely terrible as their UNSATISFACTORY RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU can attest:

Seriously, do not order from HandsnPaws aka Sophistication Alley, Ltd. You WILL be ripped off.

St
  14th of May, 2008

I had questions and they never answered them except for the responses below. This made me cancel my order, had I read the comments above first, I would have never used their website!

It's all over the bloody site...it's even still up there. Where the hell were you looking??? FAQ. ORDER CONFIRMATION. HOME PAGE., HELP DESK, CONTACT PAGE. Next time we'll send you a personal messenger and charge it to you. Thank goodness we don't actually need referral business. We have celebrity biz because the owner works in Hollywood. Must kill ya, huh? Lol.

What you think this is, high school?? Her order was cancelled. Take you and your rude wife somewhere else. Sheesh. You both need a lesson in manners. And by the way, we can't discuss and account with anyone other than the purchaser. Tough cookies.

Mi
  21st of May, 2008

I just ordered from this place. I am so sorry I did. I ordered May 4, the item shipped May 13 (per the email.. now, not so sure). From what I have seen, that is a great turn around for this place. I emailed asking how they shipped, since I have not received the package and its been over a week. No reply (and now, no reply). I have ordered items from Hong Kong and Australia AFTER this place, and have already received my package.

I was going to email again, and tell them "I will never order from you again". But after reading these complaints, Im will just let it go. Lucky for me, I have a website, and I will be sure to tell my dog walker and the 10 dog owners in my neighborhood that this place is NOT a place to put your money.

Re
  22nd of May, 2008

I couldn't agree more. I had a very similar experience with this company, after 3 weeks with no word on my order I asked them to cancel. I was told this was impossible and treated with some very rude unprofessional language. I will never order from them again and when I told them that they said who cares we won't even notice.

Mi
  24th of May, 2008

Mike- continued/updated.

After 2 attempts to get this resolved, I called my credit card company, and put a reversal on my payment. The credit card company called the vendor, to see if they could get some kind of resolution, and the rep came back on the line and said "the number is disconnected". Well... I'm not so surprised. I am going to file with the BBB and the Arizona State Atty General's office. Not that this place will give a damn, but so that they will get letters, and hopefully closed down. I am appauled by the way they handle their customers. But hey.. when you are protected by technology- you dont HAVE to be nice.

Va
  9th of Jul, 2008
Hands N Paws (Sophistication Alley Ltd) - Charged me for an order I had cancelled
Hands N Paws (Sophistication Alley Ltd)
www.handsnpaws.com

First I was charged for an order I had cancelled on the same day I placed the order. My credit card company took care of it and I was refunded. I had placed another order a day later which was May 16th. I had emailed them several times with no response. Finally on June 27th I received an email that my order was on the way. It is July 9 and I still don't have it and UPS says they never received it. Again I emailed them and at this time have not heard from them. This company stinks.