Hancocks of Paducah on line / Offering promotional items for sale that they do not have

1 3841 HinklevilleUnited States
Phone: 1-800-845-8723

Displayed in their website was a promotional item with a small inventory remaining count under the description of this item. On July 26th I purchased 2 of these items when the inventory count stated 5 were remaining. I then went and checked this inventory count after my order and it said 3 remaining. I was surprised to see on their web site on Sunday August 2nd that their inventory for this item showed 9 remaining. I had not recived my order yet so I checked inentory over the next few days until the item no longer appeared. Today 10 days after I placed my order I got an email stating they cancelled my item because they were out of that promotional item but would I like to buy something else? I called customer service to ask how this could have happened and she admitted they continued to sell the item even though they didn't have the inventory. I asked if they would offer me another item at the promotional price and they said no. I don't think they care if they have an item or items in stock, they don't update their web info and they just want to sell you something else after the sale is over at regular price. Uhg!

Ke