Hancock Bank / overdraft fees

1 Picayune, MS, United States Review updated:

Hancock Bank will try to get every wrong earned dime they can from you. They recently charged me with $261.00 in fees. My husband works offshore and he usually handles all the bills with his account, We have 2 seperate accounts. I had no contact with him and was responsible for getting the bills paid. I paid one bill with my account that was supposed to get paid from his so my money was a little shorter than normal. From October 9-11th I made small purchases at gas stations and what not that were $2-$6 in total. On the 12th of October I made a purchase at Wal-Mart for $118.00. Hancock Bank ran my $118.00 through first and then ran the 9 items ranging $2-$6 last even though that was not the order in which I used them. Then they charged me a $29.00 fee on each small item that went through!!! $261.00!! I understand I owe one fee of $29.00 because the wal-mart charge would have been over what I had at the time but I should not have to pay for the other charges, which when I spent the money I had it... I have already talked to 6 different people and they have been rude like you wouldn't believe.. I am so fed up with them. I will definately be taking this further.. I have already contacted a news crew to do a story about it. This should be very interesting since I already have about 20 people wanting to tell their horror stories of banking with Hancock Bank. The money was not rightfully theirs and it would have done them so much better to just put it back in my account. I have 2 small children and bills that have to be paid.. Come explain to my kids they can't have something because these people took our money!! Makes me so upset. I will get it back. I am taking this as far as I have to to make sure of it. I have infact, already contacted my lawyer who will further assist me from here. You will regret treating your customers like this.. Get ready for the media and bad reps!!!

Comments

• Lp
      3rd of Dec, 2009

maggie u r just plain rude!!! u must work for hancock bank !!! The lady is right hancock bank is a rip off they will hold all the small charges until the larger ones hit first making more money off the poor person! instead of one bank fee they are charged 5 or 6 bank fees for the smaller charges I have had the same problem with that bank and just withdrew my money and closed my account they will not get anymore of my money they are enjoying taking the little mans money!

• Kr
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Yes they are I have a business account there and i would make deposits on friday and then do payroll and they would still charge me overdrafts because they would run the checks through first and then the deposits at night! In the months of march april and may Hancock Bank charged me $3600.00 in fees!

• Kr
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Maggie your the one that dont know what your talking about! At night they run debits first and deposits last for the reason of charging fees!

• Ms
      16th of Apr, 2010

Hancock bank has ripped me off for $232.00 this month and $174.00 last month. They run your large transactions through first and then if you go over all the little $5 and $3 transactions are hit with the $29.00 fee. This is not right!!! They should be required to run transactions in the order they are made. And they deceive you by showing a balance available and when they do their magic accounting your account is overdrawn. This used to be a good local bank and if your account went over you had until close of business to make a deposit and if a situation did arise where you had multiple overdrafts the managers used to be able to remove some of the charges (usually they would do half). I hope they are hit with a big lawsuite and I hope they go down.

12th of Feb, 2012

God bless there CEO for making 1-2 million a year plus stock bonus's. I may not care who I hurt with that kind of salary.

• Pe
      25th of Sep, 2015

Hancock bank just charged my 91 yr old Mother a total of 70.00 for over draft fees that they caused this is so wrong and she has been with them for years I wonder just how much the have taken over the years from her like this.. If I could talked her to changing banks I would but she is to set in her ways.. This bank should be ashamed of what the are doing to the elderly and the rest of the people who trust them with their money...cjb