Hancock Bank / Bad Service and Misleading

1 Baton Rouge, LA, United States

I have been doing business with this bank for about 20 years now and have had a "decent" relationship with them. They have in the past been very good until I ran into this "new manager". He asked if we do e-banking and I said no. He asked if we were interested and I told yes but I have been having issues with his merchant account raising my rates. I process cc with them and I was in the process of looking elsewhere because they keep on raising the rates and not keeping their end of the contract. Well, this manager told me that he will get with the merchant account and straighten everything up for me. Sure enough, I got a call from the merchant account within a few days to "try" to resolve the issues. They scheduled a time to come out to go over the rates and get some better rates. In the meantime, the manager came by with a stack of documents for me to sign to get me e-banking. I was suspicious about some of the documents because it was asking for all other information such as tax payments, federal payments, income payments, etc. I took the documents and told him I would look over it and have it sign when he came back. I never signed it because it was actually to get me enrolled in all these other services that I DID NOT want. When I asked the manager about these other documents, he told me that's its procedures. What a bunch of BS when clearly this man was trying to mislead me into a contract that was not clearly explained. Now, remember the merchant account that I was supposed to meet to get my rates squared out... well, he never showed up or called to explain why he's not coming. I tried calling him and only get the voice mail and never a call back. I do suspect that this manager had something to do with him not coming to "take care of their customer" who have been with them for over 20 years now. I am now looking to other banks but these days, I don't have any faith in any banks. They are not trustworthy nor do they have any integrity.

Mv