Hampton Bay Patio Umbrella / Fabric

1 Jackson, WI, United States Review updated:

We purchased a rectangle Hampton Bay umbrella last summer from our local Home Depot. When we got it out of the packaging for the first time after bringing it home, we were not satisfied with the material used. It is a flimsy polyester-type fabric. Almost right away one of the corners ripped causing the "rib" to come out and just hang there! Eventually by the end of summer more of it ripped and a "rib" broke and now it us useless!! I am sick of spending my hard earned money on products that fail miserbly!

Tl

Comments

• Ok
      15th of Jun, 2009

My umbrella did the exact same. I was stupid and bought another at the end of the season last year to replace for this year. Again I can see the same issues arising. These umbrellas are not cheap to purchase but clearly cheap to make!

• Di
      26th of Apr, 2011

My husband and I purchased a rectangle shape umbrella from Home Depot last summer and this spring (which the umbrella is not even a year old) the mechanism at the top which is supposed to tilt for the sun fell apart. The piece which you are to press in order to get the umbrella to tilt broke into pieces and now we have an umbrella which essentially cannot be used because the top of the umbrella will not stay straight up. I an totally dissatisfied with this product.