Hamilton Moore and Associates / Sole Beneficiary

1 720 King StreetToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Have received a letter from this company this morning, stating that i am the sole beneficiary of £490000.00, then further down the letter it states that if i do not reply in 7 days after paying £19.95, they will award it to another elegible recipient, i thought that i was the sole beneficiary! this is a scam and obviously has been sent as a mail drop to see who is gullible enough to send the fee and then never hear from them again. Clever little scam.

Pa

More Hamilton Moore and Associates Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mr
      30th of May, 2008
    Hamilton Moore and Associates - Scam
    United Kingdom

I received a letter claiming I had won £490, 000.00 payable by certified cheque but I have to pay £19.95.

I find it quite laughable that this letter came all the way from Toronto, Canada and they deal in dollars not pounds.

Please, something needs to be done about this so called company and many others like it, as scams like these RUIN LIVES.

• Ke
      19th of Jun, 2008
    Hamilton Moore and Associates - Fake draw
    Hamilton Moore and Associates
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

I received a letter stating i have been awarded £490, 000 as part of a promotion for an exquisite jewelery collection, i have to send £19.95 to cover allocation and processing costs, also as others have stated its my final warning yet its the first time i have received any mail from this so called company.

Hope nobody has sent money to these conman.

• Le
      19th of Jun, 2008

yep my mum got the same letter say pay :£20 and you can get a £490, 000.00 payable by certified cheque

this really is a joke! why would you pay £20 to get all that money back lol, these people should be tracked down.

20th of Jun, 2008

I got the same letter, I posted them it back with something heavy (crumpets that were passed their sell by date) and no stamp. I told them in a letter attached that " i not that stupid why can u not take the £19.99 off of the £490.00". Also the next time they send me something I will eat the bloody crumpets first before posting them.

recieved a letter in the post saying i had won £49000000
    however this is dodgey, they want you to send over your bank details so they can send you a cheque?
    no phone number is given,
    says you have to reply in 7 days or lose payment.
    im not stupid, i always do my research first
    i will keep papers if ppl want 2 c

Hamilton Moore and Associates - cheque awarded £490,000.oo on paying 19.95 scam
    hamilton moore and associates
    London
    England, Greater London
    Phone: 02072435831

sample cheque arrived from above stating won amount mentioned and to claim pay 19.95 GBP to claim. saw other complaints and say this is a scam and to delete them from the website which they have. And prosecute if necessary rules apply.

they are based purportedly in 720 king street W sUITE 514 Toronto Canada ziP CODE m5v 3s5

20th of Sep, 2008

I too received a letter, stating final notice but never received any other leltters from this company, this also stated I was the sole beneficiery of £490, 000 and needed to send of £19.95 to claim the prize to cover administration costs, if everyone sent £19.95 think of the money that would have been scammed out of everyone.
    I alwasy check names on the internet first and am grateful I came across this site, it saved me not only a cheque of £19.95 but if I had of given my debit or credit card details instead could have cost me a lot more

• Ka
      20th of Sep, 2008

just recieved 1 of these letters this morning exactally like the last comment please let s get rid of the people who r trying to rip us off

21st of Sep, 2008

hamilton moore & associates you have to laugh or you would cry but it should be stated to all our OAP s that its a con because they are the ones that fall for it.

21st of Sep, 2008

Received the same notification today 21st September 2008. My account number (on the letter) is 665788449 UGA592B and I am the "sole recipient" eligible to receive a cheque in the amount of £490, 000.00. And I can send the £19.95 by cheque or place my credit card details for them on the Financial Transfer Document - yeah right ! Don't get suckered into this one ! Always sounds appealing and worth looking up - but the reality is that if everyone sends £19.95 to them - they will be the ONLY ones laughing ! Should be illegal - but I presume they are safer because they are not in the U.K. !!

27th of Sep, 2008

Have just received letter informing me I am sole recipient of £490, 000.00. Thought I would check out Hamilton Moore ### on the net. Glad I did; I knew it was too good to be true but you never know. Plenty of gullible people to make it worth their while.

6th of Oct, 2008

Hi - another potential sucker here. I got the letter today and immediately found this website to check it out. Sme format - £490, 000 but had to pay £19.95. I agree with Janine Billings - a total scam and they must be making a mint from vulnerable people. I hope this site 'clips their wings'. Thanks.

• De
      5th of Nov, 2008

I they really say you are a winner of 12.500 euro and you have to pay for the "pearls" and steel somebody's money you are really an [censored],

It is that I live in the Netherlands otherwise I should kill this guy.

Debbie from the Netherlands

• Sy
      20th of Mar, 2009

Today 9th March 2009 I have just received the letter saying that I am the sole recipient of account worth £ 500, 000.00 and I am to send them financial transfer documents and of course £ 19.95 for allocation processing fee.

I must confess I am glad you all did report this because it looks so convincing that I nearly believed I had really won and honestly at present I do need some financial miracle so it looks all the more marvelous you see what I mean. Anyway I though I would check this company out on the net see if they had a site were a genuine established company etc.. I am always carefull anyway and when I saw it was coming from Canada I started to have doubts.

So it is still going on!!! What to do to stop this as I am sure that some people do send the money and of course do not receive the promised 500, 000.00 and oh I forgot the pearls earings we are supposed to receive as well!!!

Will anybody contact me after I leave my comment on this board?

Many thanks

18th of Jun, 2009

I've just received 1 of these letters today, stating exactly as above that it's a final notice but it's the 1st time i've received anything from this so called company.
    I hope vulnerable people including the elderly are aware of this scam.

• Tr
      18th of Jun, 2009

it was obvious that the whole thing is a rip off. praying on peoples greed is disgusting. even so they have probably made a fortune out of vulnerable poor people. i, supposedly, had won five hundred thousand pounds and all i had to do was send them £14-99 processing charge. these con men want clapping in irons. i thank god that my mother taught me that there's no such thing as a free lunch. lets hope they get scammed one day soon but i'll bet they think that they're far too clever for anything like that. the detestible swines from hell!

• Me
      29th of Sep, 2009
    Hamilton Moore and Associates - scam award
    Hamilton Moore and Associates
    Canada

I still cannot beleive that companies are getting away with this. I got a letter saying I was the "sole recipient" of £550, 000 but so did my mother. The elderly will fall for this.
    CANADADIAN AUTHORITIES - STOP THESE THEIVES NOW!!!

• Li
      9th of Jan, 2010
    Hamilton Moore and Associates - fraudualent winning
    Hampton
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I have received letetr saying I have won £550k, just need to send £14.95 to claim. Obvious scam so went in the bin but concerened that some people will think even if they are not sure its real, £14.95 is worth the risk. They need to be investigated, as will convince some to part with money they can ill afford to lose

• Na
      21st of Feb, 2010
    Hamilton Moore and Associates - scam award
    hamilton moore and associates
    Ontario
    Canada

hi, well i was daft didnt check website first, im the sole receipient of 550.oo (i wish), asked me to send 14.95 for proccessing the claim and for a bonous i will receive earrings, what a load of bull, really something should be done about these people, you have single parents like myself and old age pensioners that would maybe fall for this, do they not have a heart...